Feb. 7, Hamilton vs Lake Erie, 7 PM

dlbalr

Hey, somebody other than Iowa! (That may be the only time that phrase is ever typed on this forum...) Tonight, the Bulldogs (22-18-6-0) look to get back on a winning note as they travel to Lake Erie to take on the Monsters (21-16-4-3) who sit just one point behind Hamilton in the standings.

14ham_500.gif

Bowman - Hensick - Andrighetto

Carr - Hudon - Tangradi

Macenauer - Gill - Dowell

Sorkin - Fournier

Tinordi - Drewiske

Allen - Pateryn

Finley - Bennett

Shea

Condon

14le_500.gif

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Carey - Street - Smith

Agozzino - Hishon - Ryan

Schumacher - Heard - Bourke

Cheek - Meurs - Maggio

Leach - Lauridsen

Gervais - Corbett

Beaupre - Martin

Aittokallio

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM; AM900 will have the play-by-play, click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Carr bangs home a rebound and 4 goals in 2 games.

I've been saying it for a little bit now, he needs to get a look with the big club. If they're looking for a two-way third line winger option, he very well could fit that in role with Eller.

and post game show on CHML is much improved with Luke Vermeer doing it. Proves he actually watches the game on AHL network as he mentioned the Allen head shot penalty was not a penalty and the Monster player hurt himself trying to avoid it the check. Just wish Matt would tell us more re the officiating each game. Tonight again-single ref (Kendrick Nicholson)

and post game show on CHML is much improved with Luke Vermeer doing it. Proves he actually watches the game on AHL network as he mentioned the Allen head shot penalty was not a penalty and the Monster player hurt himself trying to avoid it the check. Just wish Matt would tell us more re the officiating each game. Tonight again-single ref (Kendrick Nicholson)

I thought it was a clean hit as well. Referees clearly reacting to somebody going down. I found myself flipping back and forth to Habs and Dogs game, so really never got a true sense of either. I did think that the Monsters dominated early on and that maybe Condon held the fort until the Dogs got going. I like the chances of Carr getting a look see.

Carr, Hudon (or even Condon) I would be curious to see how would stack up vs big boys. Will come sooner or later and no big hurry or may be better to keep them down instead of playing very limited minutes or be a healthy scratch like Bournival is doing.

My first Bulldogs game in 10 years. It was definitely a bit of a different experience this time around. I was spoiled that time around since it was the lost NHL season, so all the top young guys were down there then - Plekanec, Higgins, Kostitsyn, Hainsey, and Komisarek come to mind. Some various thoughts:

- Maggio for Lake Erie is a tool. Keeps hitting Fournier after they go down and then calls him an "Effing coward" for turtling. Definitely deserved a game misconduct, even if it wasn't automatic. (Speaking of which, 2 fights being a misconduct was completely new to me. Is it also two in the ECHL these days?)

- Was not impressed by Tinordi. Missed hits and put himself out of position and didn't hit anybody hard when he did time it right. That being said, I don't think he should even be playing right now after that concussion last month, so I can't blame him too much.

- Pateryn was pretty much invisible. I didn't even realize he was dressed for sure until the second period and he was on my side of the ice.

- I liked what I saw from Carr, whom I've never really heard of (I forget most of the names I'm not familiar with as soon as I read them on Brian's quarterly grades.) Showed some definite burst.

- It was like watching the Habs play - they got outplayed, but won thanks to goaltending.

- No opinion on the Allen hit, as they never showed the replay in the arena. I didn't even realize he actually hit someone until the trainers came out, since he was down on my side of the ice, so close to the boards. I thought he clipped someone with his stick or something after whiffing on a hit.

- It was Cavs night, so it was an interesting crowd of people who had no idea what was going on. It was like having the real housewives of Atlanta behind us. "I want my money back, we don't even got no goalie out there now!" "OH ####! He hit that red pole!" It was a bit difficult explaining the pulled goalie with 7 minutes to go, since that was the earliest I've ever seen a goalie pulled.

- Maggio for Lake Erie is a tool. Keeps hitting Fournier after they go down and then calls him an "Effing coward" for turtling. Definitely deserved a game misconduct, even if it wasn't automatic. (Speaking of which, 2 fights being a misconduct was completely new to me. Is it also two in the ECHL these days?)

- I liked what I saw from Carr, whom I've never really heard of (I forget most of the names I'm not familiar with as soon as I read them on Brian's quarterly grades.) Showed some definite burst.

Maggio has a long history of incidents with the Bulldogs. From what you've posted, this seems like a minor incident compared to some of the others. Would you believe he's actually a defenceman that has been converted to the wing? The 2 fights = ejection is new to the AHL this year. I'm not sure if the ECHL adopted it as well.

No one thinks of Carr because he was signed during the playoffs last year so he was a quick afterthought. He wasn't among the top few names so he didn't get a lot of attention. He's definitely the most improved player so far this season.

Any thoughts about Hudon or Condon (other than he stole the game which is more or less same old, same old)?

Maggio has a long history of incidents with the Bulldogs. From what you've posted, this seems like a minor incident compared to some of the others. Would you believe he's actually a defenceman that has been converted to the wing? The 2 fights = ejection is new to the AHL this year. I'm not sure if the ECHL adopted it as well.

No one thinks of Carr because he was signed during the playoffs last year so he was a quick afterthought. He wasn't among the top few names so he didn't get a lot of attention. He's definitely the most improved player so far this season.

Any thoughts about Hudon or Condon (other than he stole the game which is more or less same old, same old)?

Condon was obviously great. I definitely noticed Hudon a lot, but I'm not sure if that's because he was involved in the play all the time or because I was specifically keeping an eye out for him. The same would go for Andrighetto.