Well, at least it won't affect our opinion of the jackass...

Former Montreal bench boss Mario Tremblay, 58, allegedly made disparaging remarks about Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban while trying to talk his way out of a drunk driving arrest, reports Le Journal de Montreal.

The report of the remarks comes the day after the arresting officer, Constable Maxime Perron, appeared in court to testify about the arrest in a preliminary hearing. When Perron stopped Tremblay, he was allegedly driving 79 kilometers per hour in a zone which had a posted limit of 50.

When pulled over on Jan. 25, 2013, Perron said Trembly smelled of alcohol, but was chewing gum. When asked to take a breathalyzer, Perron said Tremblay refused, saying if Perron made him take the test, he wouldnt pass.

You have the choice of being right or being mean, Tremblay reportedly said to Perron.

Then, when Perron placed Tremblay in handcuffs, the insults came.

He compared me to some players, (saying) Im like P.K. Subban and I have no judgment and Im stupid, the officer said in court.

Tremblay followed by saying he would meet Perron in court, calling him, little man.

The arrest resulted in Perron driving Tremblay home.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/former-canadiens-coach-tremblay-compares-police-officer-to-subban-during-dui-arrest/

I find this amusing, because like most habs fans, I already hate Tremblay.

I hope the judge throws the book at that sob!

Sure, got that, just some seemed appalled by Tremblay outburst, which is same as Lucic, Kane and a zillion other drunken pro athletes, so added my 2 cents, that's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Ending St. Patrick's tenure with Montreal with that idiotic 9 goal game where he wouldn't pull him is the crime for which he can't be forgiven. Being a lousy coach only affects the season you coach. Chasing away a superstar lasts a generation. If we hadn't traded Roy away to the Avalanche, how would Habs history have been different?

Ending St. Patrick's tenure with Montreal with that idiotic 9 goal game where he wouldn't pull him is the crime for which he can't be forgiven. Being a lousy coach only affects the season you coach. Chasing away a superstar lasts a generation. If we hadn't traded Roy away to the Avalanche, how would Habs history have been different?

I'll never forget that day. I didn't watch the game, but I remember that I spent the night in Springfield, MA with my aunt. We were driving around for hours, lost, until she found the Mass Pike. When we got to her apartment I checked the score and Detroit was up 3-0, then 6, 9, 11. There wasn't much for a young elementary school kid to do, and it was one of those boring childhood nights that passed slowly with me wondering what the heck was going on in MTL. Days later he was traded.