Three-year contract for Juulsen

Meller93

Completely standard, so nothing too exciting here. Good to see a solid defenseman in the junior system though. Maybe we could use this thread to talk about when Juulsen pushes to make the Habs, and what type of player he projects to be.

Personally I see him as very similar to our newest defenseman, Petry. Apparently he likes to hit a lot though. A more physical Petry would definitely be welcome!

Nice to have a promising D prospect signed, also glad to see a physical player with offensive upside, some pundit was saying this guy is a lot like Beaulieu...

Nice to have a promising D prospect signed, also glad to see a physical player with offensive upside, some pundit was saying this guy is a lot like Beaulieu...

Beaulieu is a better skater. Juulsen might not be done growing. Also Juulsen will play the right side. Basically when Petry is on his way out, Juulen will be coming up to replace him.

Boy that sure didn't take long. They must be pretty high on this guy to get him signed that fast.

It's pretty common practice now for first rounders to sign quickly after being drafted. The only exceptions are college players and ones staying overseas.

So signing is quite meaningless and to be expected.

pretty much haha, that why I added the actual relevant conversation pieces to the thread. What do you think of Juulsen is really what its about.

"OMG a two way deal for three years!?!? What a steal. Has any rookie ever signed for that?"

Said no one

pretty much haha, that why I added the actual relevant conversation pieces to the thread. What do you think of Juulsen is really what its about.

I thought he was a good pick at 26. He wasn't #1 on my board but not far from it when it came down to who was still available. He's a long way away from being NHL ready though, he's not the type of player who in a year from now people will be wanting to see in the NHL like some are with Scherbak. He needs to put on a fair amount of weight to play his style of game in the pros.

I thought he was a good pick at 26. He wasn't #1 on my board but not far from it when it came down to who was still available. He's a long way away from being NHL ready though, he's not the type of player who in a year from now people will be wanting to see in the NHL like some are with Scherbak. He needs to put on a fair amount of weight to play his style of game in the pros.

Commandant had him at #45 on our prospect list.

I've said before, but I see him as the prospect we drafted to potentially replace Petry when he's at the end of his deal. So if he spends two years in the AHL, it's not a bad thing.

I guessed Juulsen would be picked 29th and was not disappointed at all when his name was called.

Merkley I kinda thought be better option and was surprised Habs passed on him and a Swede like Kylington or a Larsson wouldn't of been a shock.

Juulsen may get to play with hotshot American Austen Matthews this winter in Everett. Word is that it's either Swiss Pro League or the Silvertips for Matthews. That sure would speed up young Juulsen's development, I would think.

Juulsen may get to play with hotshot American Austen Matthews this winter in Everett. Word is that it's either Swiss Pro League or the Silvertips for Matthews. That sure would speed up young Juulsen's development, I would think.

Matthews is having a hard time getting his work permit to play in Switzerland. Apparently there's a German league team that might be interested now in case he can't play for Zurich.

Seems reasonable to compare Juulsen & Beaulieu (Juulsen might not have as swelled a head as Beaulieu did; nor give himself a nickname like Noah the Great) :nuts:

Seems reasonable to compare Juulsen & Beaulieu (Juulsen might not have as swelled a head as Beaulieu did; nor give himself a nickname like Noah the Great) :nuts:

We will call him Noah the boat builder. Hmm maybe not.

Hopefully Juulsen I'll take a Beaulieu-like career course. Will put him in the lineup by 2019-20?

That timetable seems reasonable. It would also position him well to be eased into the league before potentially replacing someone like Petry down the road.