Who plays where? Who plays at all?

AG's line should get 3-5 more minutes of icetime! 2nd line has proven themselves as a legitimate threat since the Andrighetto call up. And what's with the blender? I get it that we're injured, but DD/Dale Weise almost playing 20 minutes against any top pair D is ridiculous! Those two and flash have been our best line..as a third line, they match up favorably with anyone! Why not try Carr alongside Plex and Max and put everyone else back where they belong. Holy Christ, I'm hoping this Carolina game was only an experiment, and MT comes back to reality!

They did reunite the third line (that's really the second line in terms of TOI) in the 3rd against Carolina and considering that line was dangerous right away, I think they'll be kept together.

As for playing Carr on the #1 line, not only is that really risky for a player with all of one NHL game under his belt, they'd be asking him to play a position he hasn't played before. Carr is a left winger, not a right winger. The transition from the AHL to the NHL is already challenging enough before asking him to play against top NHL checkers while learning a new position at the same time.

Asking Carr to play RW may be a tad bit risky, but it's not completely unfathomable, you think? Surely he's had to play RW somewhere..like Union College, on the pp? I mean it's not like asking the Janitor to run the Chemistry Lab right? MT jumbled everyone..now that's risky if you ask me. Weds and Thurs will be huge tests..we gotta get back on track asap

Asking Carr to play RW may be a tad bit risky, but it's not completely unfathomable, you think? Surely he's had to play RW somewhere..like Union College, on the pp? I mean it's not like asking the Janitor to run the Chemistry Lab right? MT jumbled everyone..now that's risky if you ask me. Weds and Thurs will be huge tests..we gotta get back on track asap

Nothing is completely unfathomable but like I said, asking Carr to take a position change on a #1 line after 1 NHL game is asking an awful lot. Heck, asking a call-up to play on the #1 line in their 2nd NHL game at their natural position is still a bit of a big ask, especially for someone who most likely projects as a 3rd liner to begin with. Perhaps Carr spent a bit of time on the right side in college but even then, a fair bit of time has passed since then. If you want an offensive-minded option with Plekanec and Pacioretty and want to keep the other lines together, I'd suggest Thomas would make more sense over Carr.

There ya go..I too would try Spud Jr on that wing. I wouldn't F with that 3rd line for all the tea in china. The 2nd line appears to be clicking as well. For the record, I love our man down units..all of em look 100% on point!

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto

Fleischmann - Plekanec - Byron

Eller - Desharnais - Weise

Carr - Flynn - Thomas

Michel Therrien decided to listen to me, but then put his own spin on things:

@ArponBasu

#Habs lines:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto;

Eller-Plekanec-Byron;

Fleischmann-Desharnais-Weise;

Carr-Flynn-Thomas