October 20/21, Senators vs IceCaps, 6 PM

Meller93

Montreal's AHL affiliate has rarely played Ottawa's in recent years but that will change this week as St. John's (3-1-0) hosts Binghamton (1-1-0) for a pair of games. No word on whether or not Jacob de la Rose is available; if not, Eric Neilson should draw in after Angelo Miceli was sent to Brampton yesterday.

14bng_500.gif

(Based on previous +/- data plus some guesses.)

Dzingel - O'Dell - Lindberg

Puempel - Paul - Schneider

Greening - Ewanyk - Hobbs

Dziurzynski - McCormick - Stortini

Fraser - Mullen

Claesson - Harpur

Kostka - Lepine

Driedger

15stj_500.gif

Andrighetto - Hudon - Holloway

Carr - McCarron - Thomas

de la Rose - Dumont - Scherbak

Crisp - Eisenschmid - Gregoire

Barberio - Ellis

Hanley - Dietz

Bennett - Lernout

Tokarski

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST. AM 930 (warning, it's a scratchy feed) has the call.

What's up with tokarski? Not a great start to the season.. In the AHL. Entertaining game though! Three fights, 9 goals. OT. I ain't even mad

He's not happy being back down there and his confidence was likely fried after clearing waivers. Through four games, he has had two strong ones and two clunkers. Hopefully as he settles in, there will more of the good than the bad.

Few things I noticed

Thomas has good speed and an amazing release, but often loses the puck.

McCarron is like a train skating, he builds it up slowly but actually has very good top speed. Needs to get more explosive. But he's been playing fairly physically which is nice to see.

Crisp had the best fight I've ever seen live.

Hudon is shifty with the puck, and tenacious with out it. He'll make the NHL.

Scherbak actually looks really big in person. Looks closer to 6'3. He's dynamic, and got the hardest worker for the game. Not his BEST game, but I love his raw potential. Set up Holloway pretty nicely!

Great game from all the leaders, captain Dumont, barberio and Holloway. Good to see that the caps veterans are playing well and is promising for developing our youth, as well as for the playoffs.

De la rose wasn't that noticeable. Love him, but I'm not sure he wil lever provide much offense. Considering it's his first game back I should probably cut him some slack though!

No defenseman really stood out to me, but none were bad. Barberio was probably the best, Lernout played pretty well for a rookie!

And last, Andrighetto played pretty well too. Speedy, and one of the more noticable players.

Wasn't the best game by the icecaps, specifically at the end, but no one stuck out to me as a scapegoat. (Maybe a few weak ones by Tokarski). Better luck next time I spose!

• Upvote 3