Leafs at Habs, Nov 18

illWill

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Listen, all I did was agree that he seemed scrambly and confused against the Leafs and doesn't seem to have brought the kind of "glue guy" grit and agitation that was advertised. Analogies were drawn with Brendan Gallagher in terms of getting under opponents' skin. So far, arguably at least, that hasn't been the case. Maybe the suspensions threw him off - a point about which commentators were pretty unanimous. Maybe he's still finding his feet, maybe it's early-season blahs (as with Gallagher himself). It's way to soon too declare the contract a bust, but not too soon to point these things out.

OK, sounds reasonable.

Guest Stogey24

If Shaw won two cups with L.A, I doubt Bergevin even breaths in his direction this off season.

You play for Chicago at some point in your career and your assured to get some type of look by Habs management.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

If Shaw won two cups with L.A, I doubt Bergevin even breaths in his direction this off season.

You play for Chicago at some point in your career and your assured to get some type of look by Habs management.

Actually Bergevin did try and sign a similar grinder that had played with Kings, didn't he? Cant remember his name off top of head, but got outbid or the guy just choose an American team. 

13 hours ago, KoRP said:

Shaw is second on the team in hits, so there's that...:o

I am not worried about his play at all, Plekanec's extended lack of offense on the other hand is more worrisome; has he lost 1/2 step and missing wide open nets over and over is becoming more than just being unlucky isn't it, or Markov's lack of speed really seems to stand out this year, especially in own end (thankfully he is still very good on offense).