Leafs at Habs, Nov 18

illWill

Nice goal by Chuky!  Also nice to see him winning the faceoff to start the play to lead to that goal.

Guest Stogey24
22 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

There isn't a centre on that line though.  Hudon was one at times last year but has been a full time left winger this season.

ya, I was thinkin Hudon at C. Not even sure why. 

Remember when Pacioretty played with Cole. Guy was dominate. I'd like to see that again  

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

By far. To the point where Plekanec, Pacioretty, and Gallagher forgot how to be top six scorers with him on the roster. 

Honestly, it's kind of crazy 

3 minutes ago, DON said:

How selfish was that Pacioretty penalty!:angry:

After a couple of games playing with fire after his little buddy was healthy scratched, Max is back to looking useless again.  If he doesn't show something in this 3rd period, I think he should be in the running for a forced night off...his act is really wearing on me.

Hudon didn't help himself by taking a penalty with less than five minutes to go.  Emelin's hit at the end wasn't a smart move either - the game was pretty much over at that point (a couple of tenths left on the clock).  Hanley wound up playing all of 6:33 - I suspect Pateryn will be back in for the next game.

Good win from our boys. 

I thought Weber and Radulov were our best players tonight. To me they are the real leader group of this team along with Price.

Also the Emilin hit wasn't that bad. The Martin was a lot worse.

Go Habs! 

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Hudon didn't help himself by taking a penalty with less than five minutes to go.  Emelin's hit at the end wasn't a smart move either - the game was pretty much over at that point (a couple of tenths left on the clock).  Hanley wound up playing all of 6:33 - I suspect Pateryn will be back in for the next game.

When will Redmond be back?  This Pateryn/Hanley platoon is bothersome - both players seem lost on the ice.

Very entertaining game, notwithstanding two disgusting hits along the boards. Looks like we are in for a few years of exciting Habs-Leafs tilts. Price seemed more erratic than usual, but 1 goal against sounds about normal :thumbs_up:

I agree that Radulov is an absolute stud; in fact, he is the motor that makes the forward unit go. This team has not had a guy with that kind of power in his game, that kind of strength with the puck, in a dog's age. He is a perfect guy for Galchenyuk, who is, I suspect, ultimately more of a "complementary" player and trigger-man than a guy who is going to drive an offence. I hope MB is giving serious thought to an extension to Radu.

That said, would someone please explain to me what happened to

Pacioretty

Gallagher &

Plekanec

???

With Pleks, there is an explanation: he's aging. In fact, there was a play tonight where he was in a footrace and the Leafs just plain beat him out (I think it was Reilly?). Watching that, I remembered a time when Pleks was usually one of the faster guys out there and would be the one winning that race. While he will probably still have some productive spurts - as is typical of declining players - it's increasingly looking like he's morphing into a checker, period.

The other two, I guess it's just a slump. But it is a bit frustrating. Thank heavens the role players have had a great start to the season.

And speaking of...Paul Byron really looks good. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that he is finding another gear to his game, turning himself into a guy who can be a legitimate option for the top-6 at least on an occasional basis? (He's still young, after all). More likely, I know, it's just "lightning in a bottle." Hell of a waiver wire pickup nonetheless. The Habs seem to be quite good at salvaging other teams' cast-offs (Weise, Byron) and turning them into stellar utility pieces.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Very entertaining game, notwithstanding two disgusting hits along the boards. Looks like we are in for a few years of exciting Habs-Leafs tilts. Price seemed more erratic than usual, but 1 goal against sounds about normal :thumbs_up:

I agree that Radulov is an absolute stud; in fact, he is the motor that makes the forward unit go. This team has not had a guy with that kind of power in his game, that kind of strength with the puck, in a dog's age. He is a perfect guy for Galchenyuk, who is, I suspect, ultimately more of a "complementary" player and trigger-man than a guy who is going to drive an offence. I hope MB is giving serious thought to an extension to Radu.

Pacioretty

Gallagher &

Plekanec

???

With Pleks, there is an explanation: he's aging. In fact, there was a play tonight where he was in a footrace and the Leafs just plain beat him out (I think it was Reilly?). Watching that, I remembered a time when Pleks was usually one of the faster guys out there and would be the one winning that race. While he will probably still have some productive spurts - as is typical of declining players - it's increasingly looking like he's morphing into a checker, period.

The other two, I guess it's just a slump. But it is a bit frustrating. Thank heavens the role players have had a great start to the season.

And speaking of...Paul Byron really looks good. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that he is finding another gear to his game, turning himself into a guy who can be a legitimate option for the top-6 at least on an occasional basis? (He's still young, after all). More likely, I know, it's just "lightning in a bottle." Hell of a waiver wire pickup nonetheless. The Habs seem to be quite good at salvaging other teams' cast-offs (Weise, Byron) and turning them into stellar utility pieces.

Burrows did it for years. I don't see why not.

Guest Stogey24
8 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Pacioretty

Gallagher &

Plekanec

???

Pacioretty needs a quality line mate. A trade is going to happen shortly. 

Anybody else notice how brutal Shaw was? I made it a point to specifically follow him on the ice and he couldn't do anything right out there. Couldn't get the puck out, couldn't receive a pass, constantly out of position, couldn't break up a play, etc.....nice mustache though