Crazy Rumor - Tampa Bay / Montreal Trade

Theberge43

The habs are looking to deal Ribs and Theo to the Bolts for Kubina and Lecavalier..and "les habitants" will go after Biron to net mind....

This was heard on XM Satellite(ESPN) radio in Florida...

:o

[Edited on 3-8-2005 by Theberge43]

ok , well now kovalev is a habs, 4.5 million per year not bad but problem there are rumors that forsberg called mtl for intrest to play in mtl, and since mtl offerd a contract to miroslav satan to be said 4.25million, then mtl still has to sign koivu, rebiero,ryder,theo markov..now with what i think will happen if this will happen that satan comes to mtl wich i think will be a better thing for him for the reason of zednik and bulis in mtl rather then juss demetria in LA and no slovakians in toronto...(we all hate them they think there gonna get everybody lol). yea if satan comes to mtl then mtl's payroll wit go from 15.5 to 19.75 million then u have to add koivu - 3 million , rebiero -1.1 million, ryder -1 million, and theo for sure will be 4.5 million and markov at about 2 million so in all that adds an extra 11.6 million to add to the payroll wich will be 31.35 million wich is great then there are rumors about lecavalier coming to mtl it wont be this year i dont think but if not u have next year wich will be about 4 million then mtl will have to get ride of some players...and make more room for cap incase problems come out like injuries and trades and ect, oh and from my info dandenault is a 99% sure comein to mtl so wich makes the payroll i made wich will be 33.35 million plus lecavalier will be 37.35 million wich i think is rediculus and i think mtl should buy out players or trade but then, i hope koivu doesnt leave because he is part of the team and is the heart of it:clap:so thats what i hear everywere so yea lets all hope for the best oh and ummmlol eklund dont belive him all the time....most of the things he says dont come true and thats way more then half

I somehow think this deal make sence... Picking a Goalie 5st overall along with Danis and Huet I think we can have a new GREAT goalie in a year or two.

Huet = Hackett A Goalie that can be our number 1 until Danis or Price is ready to take over. Lecavalier and Kubina fills all our needs outside the net. We might even sign a 1st Goalie. Joseph or Burke for 2 years.

I like this deal and ill be happy with our draft pick if it happens... Go for it Gainey.

too bad it is just a rumour and likely wont come true.

Originally posted by koivu-11

ok , well now kovalev is a hab, 4.5 million per year not bad but problem there are rumors that forsberg called mtl for intrest to play in mtl, and since mtl offerd a contract to miroslav satan to be said 4.25million, then mtl still has to sign koivu, rebiero,ryder,theo markov..now with what i think will happen if this will happen that satan comes to mtl wich i think will be a better thing for him for the reason of zednik and bulis in mtl rather then juss demetria in LA and no slovakians in toronto...(we all hate them they think there gonna get everybody lol). yea if satan comes to mtl then mtl's payroll wit go from 15.5 to 19.75 million then u have to add koivu - 3 million , rebiero -1.1 million, ryder -1 million, and theo for sure will be 4.5 million and markov at about 2 million so in all that adds an extra 11.6 million to add to the payroll wich will be 31.35 million  wich is great then there are rumors about lecavalier coming to mtl it wont be this year i dont think but if not u have next year wich will be about 4 million then mtl will have to get ride of some players...and make more room for cap incase problems come out like injuries and trades and ect, oh and from my info dandenault is a 99% sure comein to mtl so wich makes the  payroll i made wich will be 33.35 million plus lecavalier will be 37.35 million wich i think is rediculus and i think mtl should buy out players or trade but then, i hope koivu doesnt leave because he is part of the team and is the heart of it:clap:so thats what i hear everywere so yea lets all hope for the best oh and ummmlol eklund dont belive him all the time....most of the things he says dont come true and thats way more then half

I got :guru: thrying to read that. Doing :wall: hurts my head less.

I think it could make sense ...

For Tampa, if Vinny wants too he can file for arbitration, get a one year deal and bolt on the Bolts next year for nothing.

For Montreal it seems less like a good idea, they could just wait on Vinny next year, but after signing Kovalev and Dandenault to 4 year deals, it seems Bob won't have room for Vinny next season. Trading for him seems to be the only option and he could be had right now before he signs with TB and sign long term in MTL.

Still, I think it would be ruff for MTL to go without a legit 1st goaler, Danis, Huet (who is hurt until january) or Prusek (which has resurface in the rumors) aren't the solution. The Martin Biron thing wouldn't be bad until Carey Price is ready.

But the important thing is this : Vinny has to menace TB to leave next year, and Theo must ask way too much for Bob.

While this could be a good trade for Montreal, only if they can sign a good goalie or reaquire Thibault, the Bolts wouldn't make this deal. Sure, Theo is a Vezina winner, but Ribs hasn't proven anything yet. Vinny and Pavel are both All-Star calibre players. If this dael were to ever happen, Montreal would have to add something.

Anyways, the only guy I feel comfortable in the nets this year is Theo.

lecavalier might be a fantastic player, but you cant disregard the nets by chucking theo. This is supposed to be a new high scoring NHL, right? You cant leave the net to a guy who isnt prepared to see a horrid amount of rubber over the course of the season. I'm not as down on the MTL defense as some people, but it isnt the greatest in the league and we really need a strong last defense more than an improvement on the scoring lines.

Huet aint playing a full season, Danis aint ready for primetime, and price aint ready for cable... the future is not now.

ok , well now kovalev is a habs, 4.5 million per year not bad but problem there are rumors that forsberg called mtl for intrest to play in mtl, and since mtl offerd a contract to miroslav satan to be said 4.25million, then mtl still has to sign koivu, rebiero,ryder,theo markov..now with what i think will happen if this will happen that satan comes to mtl wich i think will be a better thing for him for the reason of zednik and bulis in mtl rather then juss demetria in LA and no slovakians in toronto...(we all hate them they think there gonna get everybody lol). yea if satan comes to mtl then mtl's payroll wit go from 15.5 to 19.75 million then u have to add koivu - 3 million , rebiero -1.1 million, ryder -1 million, and theo for sure will be 4.5 million and markov at about 2 million so in all that adds an extra 11.6 million to add to the payroll wich will be 31.35 million  wich is great then there are rumors about lecavalier coming to mtl it wont be this year i dont think but if not u have next year wich will be about 4 million then mtl will have to get ride of some players...and make more room for cap incase problems come out like injuries and trades and ect, oh and from my info dandenault is a 99% sure comein to mtl so wich makes the  payroll i made wich will be 33.35 million plus lecavalier will be 37.35 million wich i think is rediculus and i think mtl should buy out players or trade but then, i hope koivu doesnt leave because he is part of the team and is the heart of it:clap:so thats what i hear everywere so yea lets all hope for the best oh and ummmlol eklund dont belive him all the time....most of the things he says dont come true and thats way more then half

Oh my freakin' god, I think I've put more effort trying to read this post than at work all day. DUDE, PLEASE USE PONCTUATION MAN.

ok , well now kovalev is a habs, 4.5 million per year not bad but problem there are rumors that forsberg called mtl for intrest to play in mtl, and since mtl offerd a contract to miroslav satan to be said 4.25million, then mtl still has to sign koivu, rebiero,ryder,theo markov..now with what i think will happen if this will happen that satan comes to mtl wich i think will be a better thing for him for the reason of zednik and bulis in mtl rather then juss demetria in LA and no slovakians in toronto...(we all hate them they think there gonna get everybody lol). yea if satan comes to mtl then mtl's payroll wit go from 15.5 to 19.75 million then u have to add koivu - 3 million , rebiero -1.1 million, ryder -1 million, and theo for sure will be 4.5 million and markov at about 2 million so in all that adds an extra 11.6 million to add to the payroll wich will be 31.35 million  wich is great then there are rumors about lecavalier coming to mtl it wont be this year i dont think but if not u have next year wich will be about 4 million then mtl will have to get ride of some players...and make more room for cap incase problems come out like injuries and trades and ect, oh and from my info dandenault is a 99% sure comein to mtl so wich makes the  payroll i made wich will be 33.35 million plus lecavalier will be 37.35 million wich i think is rediculus and i think mtl should buy out players or trade but then, i hope koivu doesnt leave because he is part of the team and is the heart of it:clap:so thats what i hear everywere so yea lets all hope for the best oh and ummmlol eklund dont belive him all the time....most of the things he says dont come true and thats way more then half

I think this guy studied in the Bob Dylan stream-of-consciousness school of composition. It probably could be understood but it would mean a good amount of study, especially of 11's literary history.

That aside, the proposed TB/Habs trade ain't gonna happen and the main reason is that there's no way Gainey will part with a guaranteed solid goalie like Théodore.

First: Don't get your hopes up on this one.

Second: I can pretty much guarantee that Gainey has at least inquired as to the possibility.

Third: Rumour that I came across, the Bolts will have a lot of trouble singing Khabi, Vinny, and St.Louis. Khabi is probably gone so a goalie is critical. Signing Vinny and St.Louis is still going to be hard. The rumour goes on to state that the reason Montreal picked Price - leaving everyone in the room gasping - was for this express purpose: shopping PRICE to the Bolts.

On the other hand, Gainey builds from the back forward. He won't trade Theo unless he has a guarantee that there's something far more than adequate to fill the hole. Price couldn't fill Theo's shoes for a while yet.

Oh, third part b: The rumour that I found actually had the chance of this trade happening at 50/50. The source was apparently very reliable.

Last: DO NOT get your hopes up on this one.

Colin