Witt and Kolzig want out of Washington

beckham

....according to the rumors. How about dealing Theodore and Bouillon (or Hainsey) for those two plus Maxime Daigneault and Sasha Pokulok? Would seem to help both teams, and Kolzig has already been a mentor to Carey Price who will be the Habs #1 within a couple of years.

who cares about price??? well... not for now~~~ i mean~ why always put theodore in a rumour??? -____-

oh well~ no comment haha

I think Kölzig will have a hard time with the new pads.

Kölzig is a great goalie but why would we Theodore for him? And Witt is a good defeneceman but we're allready one too many on defence.

I don't think such a trade would help the Canadians. Or Washington. There's still some good goalies left unsigned and Roman Chechmanek would be the obvious choise if Kölzig went elsewhere. Witt could land a prospect a second round pick or a third liner if traded to a team like Tampa who has rosterspots to fill. I've also heard that Witt wants to play for a contender.

I think they could really use Witt. I don't see Kolzig as being better than Theodore by any means, but I do see Jose's next contract as being a huge issue. But Montreal definitely could use a little more muscle on the blueline to deal with the size of some of their divisional foes.

Just to make things interesting around here.

Trois équipes canadiennes – le Canadien serait du groupe – et une formation américaine s’intéressent au défenseur Brendan Witt qui a demandé aux Capitals de Washington de l’échanger. Le Tricolore a besoin de renfort à la défense et Witt est un défenseur qui ne craint pas le jeu robuste… Alexander Mogilny sera en discussion avec les Panthers de la Floride...

Translation..three canadian teams (including the Habs) and one american team are interested in getting Witt.

Here's the link:

http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/185599.html

Scroll down to the last paragraph.

They should deal Theodore and Ryder while they have value. Their worth on the trade market is just going to drop from here on in. I think that Ryder had his career year as a rookie, and there isn't much difference between Theodore and Thibault who was traded for a 4th round draft pick. Jose is still living off his MVP season from 3 years back, but that can't go on forever.

Originally posted by beckham

They should deal Theodore and Ryder while they have value. Their worth on the trade market is just going to drop from here on in. I think that Ryder had his career year as a rookie, and there isn't much difference between Theodore and Thibault who was traded for a 4th round draft pick. Jose is still living off his MVP season from 3 years back, but that can't go on forever.

Trading Ryder and Theodore? :|

Oh let's trade Theo and Ryder to Washington for Kolzig and then ship Kolzig out to Detroit for their priceless second round picks ;)

Geez, guys, Theo+Ryder are the core of the team :) We have been rebuilding our roster for ages and now, when it starts to click, we should trade our most important players and just start all over again? Naaaaah :)

Witt would be a nice addition. I've been 'longing' for him ever since he was drafted. He seemed and still seems like a good, solid hard-hitting defensive defenseman. No offense worth mentioning but still a good crease protector and back-board banger.

That said, I don't think that this would be a worthwhile acquisition for Montreal. If the league is going to stress more offense and the potential of skill players, defensemen like Witt may be at a disadvantage. He does have a tendency to get out of position to hit his opponents and this will likely lead to being deked-out a lot of times. As to clearing the crease, that would be nice but there's more to the defense that needs to be done than that.

Bottom line... no thanks.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

No way.

I always thought Ottawa was nuts for not trading for Kolzig two years ago. Instead they got Bondra. Kolzig is one of the leagues best, and is underrated because he plays on such a bad team. Caps are deep in young talent in net and I am sure Ollie will be moved to a contender.