Ecklund Rumors

Fanpuck33_

Why would he post something like that, even if it's not true? Hmm, perhaps he wants to get attention? As you might have noticed, he also offers a "in depth" package for money. It includes more of these super rumours, player news, etc. This guy wants to get as much attention, as much money as he can get, even if his rumours are crap. Sadly there will be always guys who'll pay for something like that ...

uh lets see, we give up our only second line winger for another centre . Why? Yes he is that good but we have so much depth in that position, we need wingers. Not saying I'd complain but I'd still rather ad an exp wing to the existing 2nd line.

Originally posted by jetsniper

Ecklund is laughable, I know he's a member of some hockey forums where he gets ridiculed to no end. And the Luongo to Colorado rumour is ridiculous, we have no need for a goaltender.  

BTW. He must have been a scout for a NHL team before, as he's also staff UFA at the HWL ... *lol* I suppose he was the scouting chief for the Laffs or something like that.

We migt not be in need of another center, but if Gainey is talking to the bolts,I could understand why.

Koivu will be an UFA next season. Gainey is simply looking ahead and trying to position the organization in a solid situation so it's not left flat on its face. Getting Richards now, ensures no matter what happens to Saku, we will have center to replace him.

Also, and this is a concept alot have ignored, Ryder (and Hainsey) for Richards is an upgrade in overall talent level for the team. Sure Ryder may have good years down the road, but so does Richards, and Richards has shown his clutch abilities.

And as for the Luongo to Colorado rumours...Trading Abeischer (spelling?) for luongo would be an upgrade for the Avalanche.

It's all about improving your team...not all improvement is done with a bang, subtle upgrades play just as important role in building a team.

What is all this "Ryder may have good years down the road" stuff? Ryder is older than Richards! He was born in March 1980, Richards is May 1980! Ryder may have been a rookie but he's an old one. Richards was Finals MVP the last year there was hockey. Getting him for Ryder would be a steal. How old do you all think Richards is?

Yeah they are the same age. Richards also had more time in the NHL level then Ryder.

Richards has always played with very talented players around him as he said he has playe with Lecav for over 11 years. Where as Ryder had Ribs. To be honest they both bring differnt things to the table.

I for one dont believe the rumor but I can tell you that I would rather trade Ribs for richards then Ryder because Ryder I believe is a pure goal scorer and Richards a playmaker. A better one then Ribs in my humble opion.

Richards can play left wing. More versatility for the Habs if they can get him. He would be our second line LW behind Kovalev. He would make two solid scoring lines. I would make the trade in an instant but it's probably not going to happen.

Interesting that Ryder is older than Richards. I thought he was 22 or something.

Older we are talking months.

Ryder is a scorer and Rihards is a playmaker.

both ribs and saku are playmakers.

so we need scorers.

This trade is not going down.

I say ryder will sign a three year deal this week.

there are more chances of Theo getting traded then ryder.

Well all i can say is that if its true then we'll find out tomorrow when its supposed to be announced... Right??

If not then it was just another one of Eklunds stupid rumours.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

Well all i can say is that if its true then we'll find out tomorrow when its supposed to be announced... Right??

As much as I hate to admit it, this is not an Ecklund rumor.

Most of his stuff is outlandish but it is nice to see something of what some NHL teams could be considering. If you believe half of it that is.

Originally posted by Habitforming

[

Most of his stuff is outlandish but it is nice to see something of what some NHL teams could be considering. If you believe half of it that is.

I agree...Eklund on his site was very honest about the sources of this rumour. Yet another fan claiming media as a "source" for a rumour. Sheesh...

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

.And as for the Luongo to Colorado rumours...Trading Abeischer (spelling?) for luongo would be an upgrade for the Avalanche.

I'm not gonna say it wouldn't be an upgrade but it would still be one of the dumbest moves of all time. Aebischer was easily...EASILY our most consistent player in 03-04. The number of games he stole for us was incredible and he deserved a better fate in that San Jose series. We'd have to package something with Aebi as well to get Luongo and it just seems totally unecessary. Personally, this would just be another move that would make me call for Lacroix's head. I've been patient so far but this would push me over the edge. Aebischer is SEVERELY underrated around the NHL and I still think it'll be a while before people start to recognize his talent.

Originally posted by Habitforming
Originally posted by The-Habby2919

My mistake, I thought that it was an Eklund rumour because of the threads title. But we will still find out today if its true or not.

Jetsniper makes a good point about Aebischer. Colorado is all out offense and if you slow down their forwards just blast past you. Aebischer on many nights put out many comeback attempts. It is hard not to like the AVS as they have so many fantastic players and yes when my Habs are not doing so well I flip to NHL Centre Ice to watch the AVS. Everyone thinks they are done because they lost Forsberg, no no no this is a good team. Ecklund and Berger both suck because they have 0 credibility. You have better odds of getting a trade right by flipping a coin on a rumour then listening to these clowns.:hockey:

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Everyone thinks they are done because they lost Forsberg, no no no this is a good team.

Uh...............................

They also lost Adam Foote, Selanne and Kariya (and Worrell). To replace these four players they signed Turgeon and Brisebois (and May, Laperrière.)

They're a much worse team but still above average.

We didn't lose Selanne and Kariya. A 4th line forward and someone who played just over half the season aren't losses. I love how everyone overlooks the signing of Brunette. Konowalchuk is another underrated guy. We've managed to do well without Forsberg (hell, we still managed to win our division without him in 01-02. And still got the cup in 01 without him). The only thing notable thats missing is Foote. We have no defenseman to properly shut down a guy but Vaananen is in that mould. Forsberg wasn't as big a key to this team as most people like to think. If we had lost Sakic, then there would be an arguement there. Colorado has just as much shot at the Stanley Cup as anyone else. A division title however could be tricky considering how much better Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver have all gotten.

"They also lost Adam Foote, Selanne and Kariya (and Worrell). To replace these four players they signed Turgeon and Brisebois (and May, Laperrière.) They're a much worse team but still above average."

I think to make a comment like this you obviously watched very little AVS hockey last time the puck was dropped. Karia was so brittle that anything near him caused him to be injured, thus out of the lineup. Selanne, same thing injured or a no show every night. Worell, missed so many games because of injury and really has no talent.

Now look at the new guys. Laperrier, better than Selanne(Glad the habs didnt get this useless player) in that he puts up with crap without hiding on the ice. Brad May is all grit and can score. Turgeon is effective offensively.

What about : Sakic, Tanguay, Hejduk, Konawalchuck, for core forwards and Blake, Liles for Core D. Colorado is what Montreal should emulate as they draft incredible players while still at the top of the standings and attract big name guys when needed.

Colorado will be an effective team again this year with that core. Plus, most of them have won a stanley cup or two!:)

Eklund is reporting that the Rangers might offer Ilya Kovalchuk a max deal, which would make it very difficult for Atlanta to match. It'll cost them 5 first rounders. I'm not big on what Eklund writes most of the time but this one makes sense to me. The Rangers have been very quiet this season and need a marquee players. Atlanta isn't a market screaming for a winner so they could take the 5 first rounds and keep rebuilding. Hmmmmmmm

• 4 months later...
According to a very good source the Wild are very, very close to dealing Dupuis and Roloson to another team. Announcement tonight or tomorrow...The source would not reveal the team, to me..

Interesting rumor ... wonder where they might go ... EDM maybe ?

That would put a stop on the Manny Fernandez to MTL rumors this summer ...