habs vs. leafs live webcast this saturday (24th)

les_glorieux

yes you read right. i have a webcam. and a television on saturday night. with rds. so anyone who would like to can watch the game live. bigscreen too. you'll have to download msn messenger. follow this link: http://messenger.msn.com/Xp/Default.aspx and click on the big blue download button and follow the instructions. you will need an email address for this, but i'm pretty sure that's part of the installation process. for those who are not familiar with msn messenger, it' a chat program where you add other people's emails to be able to talk to them. or have video conversations. you do not need to have a webcam yourself to do this. however, you do need to have a decent computer to be able to watch the game.

When you get logged on, go to the top menu and click "Contacts-->Add contact. Select "Create a new contact from an email address" and click "Next". Type in habswebcam2005_2006@hotmail.com. I'll be logging on at 6:30 for the RDS pregame show, but you can come online later if you want. :D

just a few more things to add...

-this will not be happening very often, most likely once a month as i don't normally have a webcam or rds.

-there is volume on the webcam but you can turn it down yourself and listen on the radio.

-occasionally, the video or sound or both crap out, but it fixes itself in a couple of seconds

-i've never down mulitple webcam conversations at one time, i assume it will work, but i'm not positive. however, there really is no reason why it shouldn't.

***Please email me (habswebcam2005_2006@hotmail.com) or comment here just so I know how many people are going to be on before i log on saturday night. you'll still be able to watch if you don't, it's just easier for me.***

Cheers,

Les Glorieux

:ghg:

[Edited on 9/21/2005 by les_glorieux]

i have yet to try it actually watching a hockey game, but i have tried it watching tv. its a high quality computer with a high quality webcam and a relatively big screen tv. i can do a test run on friday just so if it doesn't work saturday night there won't be as much disapointment

Count Me in to. i cant get rds here. i get friggin leafstv. this will be better. once season starts i can get a webcam cause i subscribe to nhl center ice ppv. and can get most of the games if anyone is intrested. if you figure there might be some legal issues like previously posted. then forget i said anything. but im still in on the one for saturday:/)

Thanks Glorieux!

I have tried this before. My brother goes to Western and he has digital cable and sunday NFL ticket. We tried to do this with a Broncos game but it was pretty choppy, and we ended up giving up. But if you have a big screen TV and a high quality webcam this sounds like it has a good chance of working.

and just want to know if they'll be showing the rest of the ex. games...

I know RDS is showing all Montreal's REGULAR season games; that's why I was asking about the EX. GAMES.........:wall:

[Edited on 2005/9/21 by kenadian]

!!! Yes count me in! About the quality, well, we'll see won't we. Ethical issues? I'm in Tokyo, it's not like anyone at all is offering the game and I am trying to get it for free, ditto HW members in Qatar, Singapore, Australia and other far-flung, hockey-less places.

So thanks, les glorieux, should be fun to give it a try, and if it doesn't work out then we can all meet on the board as usual. (won't be as busy though, with all those lucky tv-enabled people not forced to slum down and internet-radio the game (boo-hoo...).

Again, very much looking forward to checking this out!!!

I have RDS but for those who don't I hope this works, as long as it's really only for those who CANNOT get RDS.

You may experience difficulty, as previously mentioned with more than a couple/few folks trying to view. But hey, good on you for trying it out.

Bonne Chance! This message may self destruct...i haven't tested it though...:)

Originally posted by kenadian
Originally posted by les_glorieux

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/rds_sked.html

Yes, I know there carrying all regular season games; that's why I got RDS. I was asking about the EX. games.................:wall:

oh sorry. they're showing the leafs game on the 24th at 7 and the bruins game on the 27th at 7:30

Guys, fanpuck is right... This is illegal, even if you dont personally see a problem with it, its still illegal.

HW will not be associated with this at all. Feel free to contact each other via msn/whatever but keep it off the forums, or else you could get yourself, and the site into possible trouble.

Thread closed.