Pre-Season Game Thread | Bruins vs. Canadiens | 9/27/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

That was an idiotic play by Ribeiro. It's a bad idea to deke on a penalty shot and it's only the showboaters to attempt it in such a grand way. When it was a do or die situation, an aimed shot is what they need. Dagenais was in a different situation and atleast manage to perform his deke (that didn't make him cross his stick across the other side of the crease)

It's the preseason, dude, give him a break. I'm sure guys have practiced penalty shots a million times. It's preseason and it doesn't matter. Why not try to entertain the fans a little? On Sunday night Nik Zherdev of the Blue Jackets pulled a skill stick move straight out of NHL 06 and shot the puck from between his legs. Khabibulin made a good save, but it was really run to watch, since it didn't matter.

Originally posted by tommy9

... and what about his breakaway in the end of first? And the pass to the Richard after? ...

I have to ask him tomorrow per mail :)!

That's the play I was talking about! The breakaway when he span around and shot.

Ask him tomorrow? You can contact him?:/)

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I have a hockey card of David Aebischer in a uniform with the Habs logo on it. I am assuming it's a European club, right tommy?

[Edited on 2005/9/28 by Leafs Suck]

... yes, you are right! He had a pair appearances in "our" Sparta Prague team at last-year Spengler Cup in Davos.

PS. We (HC Kladno) make the draw 3-3 last night by Sparta :). No bad, and this guy scored a two of our goals

-->

patera01.JPG

Habbie, like a czech expert, would recognize him for sure :D He's his lovely czech center!!! :P

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

That was an idiotic play by Ribeiro. It's a bad idea to deke on a penalty shot and it's only the showboaters to attempt it in such a grand way. When it was a do or die situation, an aimed shot is what they need. Dagenais was in a different situation and atleast manage to perform his deke (that didn't make him cross his stick across the other side of the crease)

It's the preseason, dude, give him a break. I'm sure guys have practiced penalty shots a million times. It's preseason and it doesn't matter. Why not try to entertain the fans a little? On Sunday night Nik Zherdev of the Blue Jackets pulled a skill stick move straight out of NHL 06 and shot the puck from between his legs. Khabibulin made a good save, but it was really run to watch, since it didn't matter.

You failed to quote my next sentence.

"Lucky it's only preseason."

Originally posted by sakiqc
Originally posted by tommy9

... and what about his breakaway in the end of first? And the pass to the Richard after? ...

I have to ask him tomorrow per mail :)!

Send him greetings from HabsWorld :/)

.. of course ;)! You're here a great support for him all the time :/)

Soryr I can't tell who that player is. The only Dallas Stars czech center I can think of is Martin Skoula. Or maybe it's someone disguised in another team's uniform like how Pleky was wearing a Sens jersey in your other pictures.

...You make it sound like it's Bulis... That can't be him! ...

[Edited on 2005/9/28 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Soryr I can't tell who that player is. The only Dallas Stars czech center I can think of is Martin Skoula. Or maybe it's someone disguised in another team's uniform like how Pleky was wearing a Sens jersey in your other pictures.

...You make it sound like it's Bulis... That can't be him! ...

... sorry for this trivia, that was a long evening for us everybody (5 past midnight here BTW :D) ... the name is Pavel Patera, gold from Nagano+4 times gold at WorldChamps.

PS. You was unhappy with the Ribeiro penalty shot ... here is the Pleky's "instruction" for that :D:D --->

Pleky1

Pleky2

Pleky3

You know this links most probably from the last time.

Bye for now, it is really to late here :zzz::zzz::zzz:

Wow, I can't believe I fell asleep watching the game. I missed the end of the third period and the overtime winner. I woke up and saw the whole shootout and I was pissed off because I thought the game finished in a tie and the Habs lost in the shootout.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Soryr I can't tell who that player is. The only Dallas Stars czech center I can think of is Martin Skoula.

Skoula is a D-man. Jaroslav Svoboda is the only current Czech forward on the Stars.

... Oh,Oh,Oh, ... you wake me up from the winning dream again :). And what about the new young "mini-star" Vojta Polak, the former HC Karlsbad leftwinger? He is a "cut-victim" at the moment? His 5 points in 4 pre-season matches wasn't so bad, or no?

How bout this,

The official scoring has been changed and Latendresse has gotten credit for the OT winner.

It hit him and deflected in.

Another solid game for him 1 goal and 1 assist. As much as i think they may send him to junior I can't help but get excited and hope they give him his shot. He seems to be helping the team....Why NOT, worry about free agency issues when it happens, if he can help now let him.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

How bout this,

The official scoring has been changed and Latendresse has gotten credit for the OT winner.

It hit him and deflected in.

hehe i came here just to say that but u did it already hehe :D

Flashback Preseason 03-04 ... Habs vs Bruins.

Game is tied, goes to overtime. 2003 Bruins second round draft pick Patrice Bergeron scores the OT winner for the bruins, which helps him crack the lineup... He goes onto have an awesome season.

2 years later our 2nd round draft pick of this year scores the OT winner in the preseason vs the Bruins..

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!! :(

There was a strom over my town, some moron turned off the hub and did't turn it on when the storm was over. So i couldn't listen...

BTW - do you guys have internet breakdowns when there are storms (and I don't mean storms when the trees are falling down, but usual summer storm). Where I live, a few thunders and a lighting on a horizon is enough to have no net.

That was an idiotic play by Ribeiro. It's a bad idea to deke on a penalty shot and it's only the showboaters to attempt it in such a grand way. When it was a do or die situation, an aimed shot is what they need. Dagenais was in a different situation and atleast manage to perform his deke (that didn't make him cross his stick across the other side of the crease).

Lucky this is only pre-season. I bet Sullivan's gonna be yelling at his players to watch the penalties. 3 men in the box in overtime! WOW!

-I noticed Komisarek had a week game but picked it up in the 3rd period.

-Kostitsyn has the moves but looks too soft. He often tried to deke by someone but they played the body and blocked his way to the puck.

-I'm not sure I'm confident with Danis in net. Even as a back-up for half the season. That second goal was disgusting and he all-round just doesn't look ready for the NHL. He's often out of position or leaving parts of the net open.

-Vandermeer did nothing but get penalties.

-Streit played better and set up Vandermeer on one play. A nice pass by him.

-Bouillon was great. I'm surprised how much he improved since I last saw him. I'd choose him over Hainsey/Streit any day. He deserved a star. Our best defenceman on the night.

-Ribeiro: No shots. Pretty sad considering that's INCLUDING the shootout.

-Latendresse had a solid game. Nice body checks and had an assist on Hainsey's lucky goal.

I actually agree with some of your comments Habbie!

-Boullion was fantastic. It was amazing to see him push around the big bruin forwards that were standing in front of our net. He only comes up to their bellybuttons but he made it happen anyway.

-Streit was much better, maybe he just needs some time.

-Hainsey looks like he is smoking pot or something. His decisions looked erratic at times and lackadaisical at others. Maybe he needs a mentor.

-Kostitsyn hasn't been given much opportunity to shine IMO. It's not like he is getting the ice time or the line mates to really put some points up.

-Danis is shaky....what happens if Theo got hurt?

-Latendresse is a star in the making. He will get sent down but not because of his play.

-Ribeiro...not sure what's going on. He has had a couple of terrible games so far. Maybe he is scared to loose his job?

-PLEKANEC......I love this guy. He looked good centering the first line. Awesome pass to Zed......Maybe a future second line center?

:ghg: