Pre-Season Game Thread | Bruins vs. Canadiens | 9/27/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Quebecois

<i>Is this not nice having to choose between players instead of wondering if they are good enough. </i>

Sure is!  

If it weren't for Crosby/Ovechkin/Carter I'd say we would have a solid chance at a calder trophy this year...

We still have some solid chances for a calder... Plekanec, Perezhogin &, Higgins.

Great period,

Habs looking flying out there.

2nd and 3rd defensive pairings (bouillon + hainsey, rivet and streit I think) seems a bit weak in the defensive zone. Bruins are always setting up plays in hainsey or streit's side. A bit difficulty with the 1st pass too.

Ribeiro's line is flying. Dagenais looks like the go-to guy. Perez unselfish and really looks great.

Begins line does the job, nice moments.

Plekanecs line really looks good. Plek is having a great period. Zednick is setting himself up as the go-to guy. There is a bit selfishness in his play and it can hurt at times. Tender is always well positioned.

Got to go back at the game

;)

Originally posted by Quebecois

If it weren't for Crosby/Ovechkin/Carter I'd say we would have a solid chance at a calder trophy this year...

bah bah bah~ maybe they'll all get injuries and will be K.O. for the season... hehe who knows right? haha~

Originally posted by sakiqc
Originally posted by Brett38

Brett38

Gretzky

What the...

How did that get there?

Ha!

you didn't enjoyed your post #99 very long hehe

I wasn't a Gretzky fan when he was with Edmonton...only after he was traded. I couldn't stay on that post...ha!

WOOOOO! GO HABS GO!

Notes on the 1st period:

Plekanec: What a player! The kid is one of the best Habs players so far in pre-season. He has that type of Koivu quality of being able to change/control the flow of the game when he has the puck. And he's very good defensively too.

Higgins: Plays like a veteran too. Not as noticeable as Plekanec, but get things done and is strong in all 3 zones. There's little weaknesses in his game.

Ferland: This kid is improving by the game. He's gritty and has good instincts for the game too. Annoying type of player to play against. Its no surprise he's still in camp.

Kostitsyn: Looks a little lost and overwhelmed by the speed of the game. Shows signs of having a great vision & creativity, but have a tough time executing. One more season getting adapted to the game in the AHL should do him good.

Locke: didnt get much ice-time, but showed some nice skills. Improved his skating and is a little faster than before.

Perezhogin: Make very good use of his speed. Makes Ribs & Dagenais looks immobile out there. Definitely NHL-ready. He even has that "soon-to-be" game-breaking feel to his game. Once he gets better adapted to the NHL game, he'll be very dangerous.

Latendresse: Ddidnt have much offensive opportunities with Plekanec & Zednik controling the offense. But plays the grinding role very well. His physical game is already better than any other Habs. Had at least 3 big noticeable hits in the 1st period that had an impact on the game.

Dagenais: If he was 4 years younger, I'd be impressed. The job is his to lose and he's playing to keep it.

All in all, very optimistic about the future.

Originally posted by ap79

WOOOOO! GO HABS GO!

Notes on the 1st period:

Plekanec: What a player! The kid is one of the best Habs players so far in pre-season. He has that type of Koivu quality of being able to change/control the flow of the game when he has the puck. And he's very good defensively too.  

Higgins: Plays like a veteran too. Not as noticeable as Plekanec, but get things done and is strong in all 3 zones. There's little weaknesses in his game.

Ferland: This kid is improving by the game. He's gritty and has good instincts for the game too. Annoying type of player to play against. Its no surprise he's still in camp.

Kostitsyn: Looks a little lost and overwhelmed by the speed of the game. Shows signs of having a great vision & creativity, but have a tough time executing. One more season getting adapted to the game in the AHL should do him good.

Locke: didnt get much ice-time, but showed some nice skills. Improved his skating and is a little faster than before.  

Perezhogin: Make very good use of his speed. Makes Ribs & Dagenais looks immobile out there. Definitely NHL-ready. He even has that "soon-to-be" game-breaking feel to his game. Once he gets better adapted to the NHL game, he'll be very dangerous.

Latendresse: Ddidnt have much offensive opportunities with Plekanec & Zednik controling the offense. But plays the grinding role very well. His physical game is already better than any other Habs. Had at least 3 big noticeable hits in the 1st period that had an impact on the game.  

Dagenais: If he was 4 years younger, I'd be impressed. The job is his to lose and he's playing to keep it.  

All in all, very optimistic about the future.

Thanks for that description...

My wife wants to watch some program about a lady president of the US, so.....

Would someone be kind enough to post the scoring summary? I'm at work and don't have a tv in my office (yet:))......too lazy to go through 8 pages of posts to figure it out too.

3 - 1?

I appreciate having CJAD... CHRC isn't even carrying the game. It's carrying a Remparts game... sheeeshhhh.

Originally posted by Rooster

Would someone be kind enough to post the scoring summary?  I'm at work and don't have a tv in my office (yet:))......too lazy to go through 8 pages of posts to figure it out too.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/stats/redirec...1&seasonID=3907

:/)

from what i can hear, Hainsey's not doing too bad

Originally posted by shortcat1

I appreciate having CJAD... CHRC isn't even carrying the game. It's carrying a Remparts game... sheeeshhhh.

well... there's ckac (now corus québec) ;)

http://www.ckac.com