Bulis-Bonk-Hossa

Higgins-Begin-Pleckanec

Souray-Komisarek

Markov-Rivet

Boullion-Dandenault

Theodore

Danis

Scratched: Vandermeer, Dagenais, Hainsey

That's 23 guys, now I realize Sundstrom isn't there I think we may try and move him, or send him down and hope he gets picked up off waivers.

I can't see Perezhogin, Pleckanec, Higgins, Hossa not being on the team.

The second line LW spot should be interesting because Dagenais could still have a shot at keeping it.

The way I see it, Perezhogin is the one least likely to get a spot, mostly due to his age, and the new agreement. It's hard to see either Hossa, Higgins or Pleks not getting a spot as they are much older of the bunch and experienced.

In my mind, it might be best to keep Dagenais on that line until he starts slacking too much, and then wham, call up Perezhogin from the AHL (should his suspension be over?).

Sunny is also great to have around, but Hossa's recent play is going to make it difficult for him to not ride the pressbox for a bit.

Julien and Gainey both love Sunny, I think it's gotta be Dags before him... even though it's unfair to Dags as well, he's played really well so far this preseason and seems to be in great physical shape as well...

It's a point of fact that many of us having been dogging but we have too many young players, I see Higgins or Perezoghin being sent down to Hamilton as last scratches to be called up in case of injury. I just don't feel a trade coming at all. I can't believe it's coming out of my mouth but he's the only one of this young group who doesn't need to pass waivers... this is undeserving but is it inevitable??

Think Sundstrom will be on the team. Room will be made by either sending Perezhogin back down (he doesn't have to clear waivers) or getting rid of Dags. In my mind two major battles remain and those are Perezhogin/Dagenais and Streit/Hainsey. Danis could also still lose his post if he performs poorly.

Otherwise I agree with your post.

Originally posted by Habby1197

Opening Night roster...

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Hossa

Higgins-Begin-Pleckanec

Souray-Komisarek

Markov-Rivet

Boullion-Dandenault

Theodore

Danis

Scratched: Vandermeer, Dagenais, Hainsey

:clap:

Yeah, that's what I think we'll see as well. Probably Dagenais will start the 1st game, but Perezhogin will jump in really fast.

Originally posted by Brett38

I meant to say, "Vandermeer". Spelling.

Perrezhogin can be sent down. If Dags doesn't produce, maybe he can be brought up etc.

There's an "Edit" button, so you can easilly edit your message.

I think too that Dagenais will start the year on 2nd line. (he's having a great game so far.. that helps his chances hehe)

:ghg:

I can't remember when the Habs had such a problem. We have to many skilled player to just fill 4 lines! That is so great.

Plekanec will make the team. In my eyes he is ready for top line duties.

Im still not sure about Hossa. He did some good things when he played in Sweden but if the Habs will have to make a move I see him as the one that would give us something in return.

And it's the defence that keeps me wondering... We have 4 solid NHL defenceman in Souray, Markov, Dandenault and Rivet. We have Komisarek who probably is there as well, could even be better than Rivet.

And then we have Boullion, Streit and Hainsey who haven't proven themself yet. If two of them fail I think Gainey could try to make a move. Any of them could be our seventh defenceman but we could also use Hainsey and Hossa to get us a real top defenceman.

But I think everybody should get their chance first. The NHL has changed and every player is not a year older but two.

Opening night roster:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Dagenais - Ribeiro - Ryder

Sundström - Bonk - Bulis

Plekanec - Begin - Higgins

Vandermeer... Are you guys sure that enforcer is needed in this "new" NHL? Im not so sure. Maybe it will be better to have guy like Higgins on the fourth? Or maybe Latendresse?

Anyway. The third line I posted looks like a "Selke Line".

here are mine

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder

Dagenais - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Latendresse - Bonk - Hossa

Bulis - Plekanec - Bégin

Vandermeer and Sundstrom... I just don't care. I don't think we NEED a goon, but that's me. And why play Sundstrom when all the guys on my fourth line can do what he can and more

Even if they were great in the playoffs last year, I don't think Zednik and Kovalev should play together (Zednik mange trop la puck)

Higgins, perezhogin are sent to Hamilton untill a trade/injury/someone plays bad (hey! I know their good, but no room, and they don't have to clear waivers)

Latendresse has to be there. He has just as much offensive upside as teh other four, but he's the only one who hits like a train and the only one you cant move from in front of the net. So what if he's a FA at 25, who says he'll leave.

This is no longer a "little" team

6.1 200 - 5.10 180 - 6.0 195

6.5 220 - 6.0 175 - 6.2 220

6.2 215 - 6.3 220 - 6.2 225

5.11 185 - 5.10 190 - 6.1 210

I went to the game tonight and Higgins, Plekanec and Latendresse were amazing. Latendresse nailed 6 guys and scored the wining goal

Something a little different:

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik - Plekanec - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Latendresse

Sundstrom - Begin - Higgins

Souray-Komisarek

Markov-Rivet

Boullion-Dandenault

Ribs and Dags can make sweet love somewhere else. (I know they are loved but watch what their replacements will do)

No room for Hossa or Hainsey. Maybe the hotdog vendors need help?

I'm also thinking that the possibility exists that Plekanec replaces Ribeiro if he isn't up to par. Gotta remember Ribs and Ryder only have one good year under their belts. They are not proven players yet. Good thing is the Habs now own plenty of insurance policies who can step up if anyone doesn't perform. Viva la depth!