Sean Avery = Grade A Moron

Leafs Suck

Originally posted by Leafs Suck
Originally posted by Rooster

He doesn't seem to have a problem with Quebec born players. His issue seems to be limited to Quebec born players who wear visors. That is fair I guess as we all know that Ontario born visor wearers (as well as non visor wearing Quebec born players) don't make clean, legal big hits on players during preseason. I see his point. A well thought out statement by Avery. :)

Was his "I think they can eliminate a lot of Europeans who are mediocre and are taking a lot of jobs," statement well thought out too?

He couldn't just say "players with visors", he had to say French born players. Obviously he has a huge issue with them. I figured that was obvious.

What if he said he has a problem with "black players who wear visors"... He'd be deemed a bigot. I see no difference in this.

Why is it acceptable in the hockey world to criticize or mock a certain group of players because of their nationality...we absolutely wouldn't accept it in any other aspect of society! Don Cherry does it routinely on HNIC and now Avery has done it again. Would we tolerate it as easily had he bitched about black or jewish players?

Barring a last minute fcukup hnic will make the airwaves with their leaf shilling and don 'bigot' cherry will suggest avery is 100% correct. When people start giving these racists a way out of the KKK rants we all lose. sean avery is schooled by burning cross carriers like cherry.

Ok, what Avery said is absolutely disgusting. I like everyone else here beleives that. Though what is done is done. From what I have heard he has apolagized. Like someone said earlier, he will have to live with it for the rest of his life, and I beleive he should. But it is over with. I feel it is old news, and we should forget about it. Yes it was awful, but you can't change the past. In no way am I taking his side, this is just what I think...

[Edited on 2005/9/30 by TheBigRedC]

So Avery was really talkin about Laperriere. Interesting.

Course he couldn't just take the issue up on the ice instead of degrading a whole nationality of people.

BTW Avery is from a backward little town outside TO called Pickering. Are we now to assume that everyone from their is a bigot like Avery? Nope...

Going by Avery's logic? Yes

Originally posted by ap79

Looks like something happened between Lappy & Avery tonight...

| | 3 Avery LA 2 Unsport.Cond 16:11

| | 3 Laperriere COL 2 Unsport.Cond 16:11

Wonder what it was.

Basically they were jawing at each other. Lappy dropped his gloves too but Avery just skated away and started yelling at him from the box. So they were yelling at each other during their time in the box. Lappy dropped his gloves on Sunday night too in Vegas but Avery skated away then too.

Last nights started when Avery went after Sakic and you just don't touch Sakic. May and Lappy both gang tackled him after that and then the yapping started. Also, Tanguay absolutely CREAMED Avery last night, thats where his boarding penalty comes from...hehe....

Stu Cowan, the Gazette:

I wonder how his teammate Luc Robitaille (who wears a visor) feels about that.

There were also references to guys like Ray Bourque.

From TSN today:

"When I dropped my gloves, he just skated away. If he's looking for a French guy who will back it up, I'm his guy. Print it. I'll be more than happy to back it up." - Avalanche RW Ian Laperriere has issues with Sean Avery"

Nice:)

Avery got the crap beat out of him against the Oilers. i think it was Jason Smith. Everyone piled in the corner and then Avery came out with a bloody face. Maybe he ought to consider a visor.:P