Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Bruins | 10/05/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These Wednesday games are a bit frustrating... I'm already scheduled to lead the music at a mid-week worship service from 7 pm to 8 pm. So, I won't be back till maybe 8:30.

Oh well, life goes on... :)

I'll have to catch up again in the posts. Maybe I'll only be good for about 357 posts tonight (give or take several dozen). Otherwise, I figure, with slews of one-worders and quintuple-posted one-worders, I'd be good for about 1238 (give or take a couple dozen).

Such is life and all it's injustices. :eyes::eyes:

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Evening All,

First post and thought I would send all the luck to the team from the Habs fans here in the UK. No chance to see tonights game, as NASN over here is showing Crosby's debut. But should be able to see them this weekend.

I'd say tonight's score will be 4-3 Habs, Bonk with the winner deep in the third. I will also go for 16 PPs if anyone is running a pool.

Too true!

Shame it's midnight here and that I have a 8.15 meeting in morning that I am running. Looks like the matchsticks are coming out tomorrow.

Somethings are too good to miss!

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4405

BOSTON - The curtain will rise tonight on a new era in the National Hockey League. For the first time in its 88-year history, all 30 NHL teams will be in action on opening night.

The Canadiens open their season with a tilt against the Bruins at TD Banknorth Garden. It was April 19, 2004 the last time these two met in Boston and they were shaking hands at center ice as the Canadiens rallied from a 3-1 series deficit to end to the Bruins’ season.

It’s been over 30 years since these two Original Six teams faced off on opening night. Neither team emerged victorious in 1963-64, as they settled for a 4-4 tie.

In the past, a tie was the norm when the Bruins would open the season at home. Since the 1994-95 lockout, Boston has yet to taste defeat in front of its hometown fans on opening night, with three wins and six ties over the last decade. With the NHL’s new rules eliminating ties, fans at tonight’s game are assured of a winner at the end of the night.

In 87 season-opening games, the Canadiens have posted a 46-26-15 record. It’s also worth noting that the Canadiens are undefeated in opening night contests in the last 18 seasons in which they went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Montreal closed out its preseason with a 5-3 record and six rookies cracking the regular season lineup. Bruins head coach Mike Sullivan also has some young new charges on his roster, with three defensemen, two forwards and a goalie making their NHL debuts.

4405_3.jpg

Originally posted by HabbiesUK

Too true!  

Shame it's midnight here and that I have a 8.15 meeting in morning that I am running. Looks like the matchsticks are coming out tomorrow.

Somethings are too good to miss!

hehehe its 8:00 am here, but I'm going to grab a beer!:ghg::ghg::ghg: