anyone else worried

casseau

that we only have one goal from our defencemen so far? I just don't see the d-men pinching in that often under the Julien system, but we have the speedy forward to cover for them. Not that I'm complaining about Markov's all-star level play so far, but it'd be nice to see one of those cannons find the back of the net some time soon. Now that I've said it he'll probably score a couple tonite and Souray will chip in one of those 100 mph PP blasts and I'll just shut up about it.

:ghg:

Originally posted by casseau

that we only have one goal from our  defencemen so far?  I just don't see the d-men pinching in that often under the Julien system, but we have the speedy forward to cover for them. Not that I'm complaining about Markov's all-star level play so far, but it'd be nice to see one of those cannons find the back of the net some time soon. Now that I've said it he'll probably score a couple tonite and Souray will chip in one of those 100 mph PP blasts and I'll just shut up about it.  

Better be safe then sorry. The 1st concern of the defence is to help out Theo.:hlogo:

they have good d men but they're not doing the job on PP.

we need a better production from them.

cant wait to see sheldon's A game

Yeah maybe a bit concerned, especially with where the league is right now and all the penalty calls, and guys being able to establish position in front of the net. Seems alot of teams are getting the puck back to the point on the PP and scoring some goals from back there. I guess maybe Markov and Souray need to start firing the puck a bit more from back there.

Maybe something Julien needs to work on in practice, but as long as there winning, thats ok with me!

i understand the concern, but the D corps is +10 and 11 pts.

Not too impressive on the points, but the +/- shows a nice positive contribution. The goals will come...

Rivet is +4... not bad at all considering I thought he might be a bit of a weak link.

All but Komi and Rivet have points .. and yes all but for Sourray's lonely goal are assists. but I wouldnt complain... I preffer Points from Dmen like Markov "pass" to Ribeiro that tied the game than a goal from him anyday... What pisses me off are those great plays and passes from Bonk and Kovalev and Dmen etc that get to a forward and dont even make the net!

it would be good for the defense to have more goals since it would make other teams have more to be 'worried' about. It ain't happened yet and I'm sure that the coaching staff is working on it.

Originally posted by casseau

that we only have one goal from our defencemen so far? I just don't see the d-men pinching in that often under the Julien system, but we have the speedy forward to cover for them. Not that I'm complaining about Markov's all-star level play so far, but it'd be nice to see one of those cannons find the back of the net some time soon. Now that I've said it he'll probably score a couple tonite and Souray will chip in one of those 100 mph PP blasts and I'll just shut up about it.

I see the same thing. Our defencemen getting goals/being more involved in ofense should translate into a better PP too, more mobile, more goals.