VITAL 6 DAYS

JMMR

Starting Friday this will be the most important 6 days and nights of their young season. They play 4 back to back to back-to-back Northeast games. They need a solid effort in each of these games.

Some questions??

Will Theo play all 4 games with his recent rest and how well he played Atlanta?

How many points is a respectable amount over these days?

Personally anything less than 6 points I believe to be a failure.

The Habs cannot loose again to Toronto and we have shut down Buffalo already twice this year.

And do I hear any one’s support for Theo's first shutout against Ottawa Tuesday; I think that Ottawa needs to be shut out soon its only fair.

Good Thread JMMR!

I hope Montreal can get 3 wins and 1 OT(Whatever that is) for a total of 7 points. If Montreal loses games against non-conference teams then I dont care as much. Must win in our conference.

IF montreal stays out of the penalty box, they should get 6 points. They proved early on that they could defeat conference foes so I expect wins....

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

beat the leaf anyway!

split the rest, actually if we just manage .500 while without Kovalev I'm good with that...

I agree. Nothing is worse than losing to that team. Let's keep this a visitor's series by shutting them down at the ACC!

:hlogo:

I agree completely this, is a great thread and I've said it before these NorthEast division games are clutch match ups. We have to beat the Leafs and it would be great to finally get one on the sens.

I think if we can get rolling we can sweep this, it will be tough but if theo can keep up his good play from Atlanta, we definitely have a shot.

I wonder if Danis will get a start in any of them, perhaps the first one against Buffalo, so Theo will be fresh for TO. WE will see, but I am pumped and hope we can keep wave of enthusiasm of the shootout win rolling.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Good Thread JMMR!

I hope Montreal can get 3 wins and 1 OT(Whatever that is) for a total of 7 points.  If Montreal loses games against non-conference teams then I dont care as much.  Must win in our conference.

IF montreal stays out of the penalty box, they should get 6 points.  They proved early on that they could defeat conference foes so I expect wins....

Do you mean conference or division. The first non-conference game of the season will be December 3rd when LA visits. I am guessing you meant we must win in our division.

However, I don't see why it makes much difference, except that we play the majority of our games within the division. Of course, by some unexplainable fluke the games within the division are also against our traditional rivals. If we thought we could win the division then it would be important but no one is going to catch Ottawa.

I think it is more important to win our non-division games since these tend to be against weaker opponents. I hate losing to weaker teams.

I consider Kovalev to be a HUGE factor in the team's composition and success.

I believe this team to be one of the best regular season performer if Kovalev is joined by theodore's best play.

In that respect I dont see anything vital about the team not fairing well in the tought next few days,.....it wont change my estimation of what the Club can acheive when Kovalev is in the line-up and their ability to start regaining points upon its return.

I will be the first surprised if the CH can grab any more than 2 points out of 8 on this run.

PS: This thread as not clearly stated the games we are talking about,....but I think our guessing goes for the next four games (two games against Buffalo, one against Toronto and one against Ottawa).

[Edited on 2005/11/24 by PB]

Originally posted by Peter Puck
Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Good Thread JMMR!

I hope Montreal can get 3 wins and 1 OT(Whatever that is) for a total of 7 points.  If Montreal loses games against non-conference teams then I dont care as much.  Must win in our conference.

IF montreal stays out of the penalty box, they should get 6 points.  They proved early on that they could defeat conference foes so I expect wins....

Do you mean conference or division. The first non-conference game of the season will be December 3rd when LA visits. I am guessing you meant we must win in our division.

However, I don't see why it makes much difference, except that we play the majority of our games within the division. Of course, by some unexplainable fluke the games within the division are also against our traditional rivals. If we thought we could win the division then it would be important but no one is going to catch Ottawa.

I think it is more important to win our non-division games since these tend to be against weaker opponents. I hate losing to weaker teams.

Mr. Puck you are right. I meant to say division. Conference is next in importance as it gives us a feel of how Montreal matches up against Conference Foes we might see in the playoffs.

I don't care as much about non-conference teams as these games are not as important in the standings. I would like to see Montreal get a first round Home series advantage though. That is why I put more importance on division games and then conference games.

I also think the upcoming stretch is very important, but for somewhat different reasons. Now obviously we want to have a good division record and handle the Leafs and the B's in the process (this goes without saying), but as a team, we also need to send a message that we're a force to be reckoned with and a confident hockey club even without our best player in the lineup.

Before we got Kovalev at the trade deadline last season, we already had the makings of a good team, and with the new kids, I don't think anyone in this forum at least is suprised at the strong play this year. Obviously, a player like him is on a whole different plateau, but we can't be dependent on any single player or line for obvious reasons, and we really don't need to be, not with the talent we already have. So I would really like to see our team play and intensity brought up a notch, not for a couple of periods or a single game, but as a consistent approach to each game. Results should follow naturally.

[Edited on 2005/11/24 by redondo]

It would be nice REDONDO to be able to acheive the type of success we have so far without overly depending on one particular player,....but this dependence could be for real,...and probably is the only important weakness this team has worth mentionning.

Most of our games have been won by a single goal,...that's fine by me.......BUT if you take Kovalev away....how do you do ?

The CH as knowned great success despite all the minor weaknesses this team as harbour since the begining of the season.......weaknesses that for the most part as remained the way they where.......insignificant then.....but much more significant without Kovalev's contribution.

I expect a significant drop in the standing and for now I only see Theodore as being able to make a difference about how bad a drop it will be.

Of course I would like to be surprised but....

[Edited on 2005/11/24 by PB]

I don't think tonight's game against Buffalo is of much importance. Kind of like any other conference team. The division games are only special because whoever wins the division automatically ranks in the top 3. I don't think that whether Buffalo wins this game or not we will be fighting with them for 1st in the division or that Bufflao will finish the season with more points then us. The Leafs will be a little more important and the Sens will be VERY important. The reason is that the Sens are the favourites to win the division and there's no way to finish ahead of them if we keep losing against them. If we beat Ottawa I don't mind losing to Toronto.

Originally posted by PB

It would be nice REDONDO to be able to acheive the type of success we have so far without overly depending  on one particular player,....but a really think that it is so,...and that this could also be the only important weakness this team as so far worth mentionning.

Most of our games have been won by a single goal,...that's fine by me.......BUT if you take Kovalev away....how do you do ?

The CH as knowned great success despite all the minor weaknesses this team as harbour since the begining.......weaknesses that for the most part as remained the way they where.......insignificant then.....but much more significant without Kovalev's contribution.

I expect a significant drop in the standing and for now I only see Theodore as being able to make a difference about how bad a  drop it will be.

Of course I would like to be surprised but....

You're right PB, one can't erase or easily replace a world-class talent like Kovy.....And by the way by "success", I certainly don't expect them to continue on this pace without Kovalev and dominate the rest of the league, but at the same time they need to work hard and believe they can compete against anyone, and not wait for someone (Kovalev, Theo, whomever) to bail them out. All I'm saying is this is gut check time, and this team, such as it is, has room for improvement in terms of playing, and playing hard. If that doesn't turn into points, I can still appreciate it as long as the effort is there, but stuff like getting shallacked by the Caps is unacceptable.

I hate to use Leafs as an example, but when Sundin was out, they still worked hard, competed, and as a result got some points. We need to do the same. Zednik, Ribeiro, Souray (if healthy) and to a degree Ryder and Bonk all can and need to step it up. Our rookies can play. Line-for-line, I compare our team and the rest of the league and I still see us being able to comfortably win at least 50% of our games while The Man is out.

With the team's recent performances, I'd be hard pressed to expect 2 wins against Buffalo (who have been playing well), and one agaisnt the Leafs and Sens in 6 days. I'd be happy with a win against the Sabres and Leafs. Anything above that is a bonus.

Yes REDONDO I got what you meanted by success even if it didn't translate well from my answer (scuze my french).

I am glad to know that you think that they should manage quite confortably to keep a .500 average until the big Russian's return as this should be a reasonable place to be, standing wise, before they start to climb again.

What scared me a bit was to see that what had been little problematic prior to his departure remained basically unchanged after......un-even effort, to many penalties, lack of offense from some...etc.

Well Theodore did rise up and so did their PK performances,.......so something's starting to happen.

Bullis the Habbie, I can't believe you said that " ... If we beat Ottawa, I don't mind losing to Toronto."

I ALWAYS hate losing to TO. I hope that Habs will play at least .500 hockey in this 4 game stretch, but two losses in a row to the Laughs will make me retch:puke:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

If we beat Ottawa I don't mind losing to Toronto.

Are you out of your mind? Be careful, Bulis... they banned beckham, but all he did was be racist, derogatory, and disrespectful. He NEVER said he didn't mind losing to the Leafs! The admins are watching you...

:D

Originally posted by Mont Royale
Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

If we beat Ottawa I don't mind losing to Toronto.

Are you out of your mind? Be careful, Bulis... they banned beckham, but all he did was be racist, derogatory, and disrespectful. He NEVER said he didn't mind losing to the Leafs! The admins are watching you...

:D

hehehehe I think the correct spelling of our misfortunate friend is beckham banned. Hey I did not make up the name.:)

Great thread..yes

Inter-divisional play is especially important for us because it seems that with buffalo or Boston as the weakest teams this may be the first time ever that there is a possibility of the entire division making the playoffs. This is going to be an incredibly tough year.. but whoever comes out of this division is sure to be a contender.

That being said I HATE THE LEAFS

And that being said if we could beat ottawa it would surely sound a wake-up call to the rest of the league.

I have too many friends from there and I really need this to happen.

Granted injuries take their toll and Kovalev is a major one but if the team is able to pull together and if Julien stops his ridiculous benching of the young guns then when we emerge healthy we will only be that much better as a team.

Tough 4 games? no doubt..But Theo can steal us any one that he wants too. I love having an elite tender.

I too desperately want to beat Ottawa. I have too many friends who are Leafs/Sens/Bruins fans and love to tell how overrated the Habs are... well, beating the Sens would probably cause a few mouths to shut up, wouldn't it?

Originally posted by option+

I too desperately want to beat Ottawa.  I have too many friends who are Leafs/Sens/Bruins fans and love to tell how overrated the Habs are... well, beating the Sens would probably cause a few mouths to shut up, wouldn't it?

option+ , I think we all have a nemisis with those other teams.

At least my buffalo friends and I get along quite well. Probably because I was more vocal than them when Hull scored and Dallas went on to win the cup. NO GOAL!!!! In the crease penalty. That is why when big mouth Hull opened his yap, I flick the channel.

Leafs if we lose, no big deal for me because 1967...hehehehe I cannot help it. Only Toronto media and fans I cannot stand. Sundin and the boys are ok and the young guns there are playing well.

Bruins are the team with the biggest mouths. From the past crybaby Ray Bourque (I MUST BE THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER ON THIS TEAM) through Cam Neely, Bill Guerin and the rest of these jerks. I just think boston is our natural rivals, biggest jerks, think they are the greatest. When they lose I cheer very loudly. Probably Don Cherry has much to do with my hatred for Boston.

All in good fun though or rivalries would be boring....

I think that our best rivalry right now is with Boston. They HATE us... probably because they're sick of being our personal bitch in the playoffs. Too bad they stink this year, beating them in the playoffs is always fun.

Although beating the Leafs is always fun, especially in Montreal. It's always nice seeing those snivelling Torontonian McGill students going home with tears in their eyes (how do they get tickets anyway?). No, beating the Leafs in Toronto is better. Much better.

But as of now, beating Ottawa is what I want most.

Originally posted by option+

I think that our best rivalry right now is with Boston.  They HATE us... probably because they're sick of being our personal bitch in the playoffs.  Too bad they stink this year, beating them in the playoffs is always fun.

We're THEIR best rivalry. They're not ours. We have a great rivalry with Toronto and Ottawa. Boston is beneath us. :king: