Who ya gonna call?

ch for life

With Markov gone for 3 games I think we will have to call someone in from hamilton..possibly Benoit..He has supposedly been doing really well down there and I think he can be no worse than Streit. It would be nice to give Hainsey another chance but we'd have to expose him to waivers..not happening.

All i can say is that i remember when boullion and robidas first got called up.. situation just like this..nobody expected anything and they turned out great.

Heres hoping

It's kind of Benoit by default.

I doubt anyone would will take Hainsey on waivers, they already had the chance. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him up and telling him in no uncertain terms that he's getting his last chance. He might respond, you enver know.

Hope Souray is healthy soon. I'd hate to have to play with Streit and Benoit/Hainsey as 2 of our top 6 D. *shudder*

911, cuz this is an emergency!! WE NEED MARKOV!!

But maybe it's better to lose him for a game (we probably don't win, and have him back for some real contenders) But maybe the others get some attitude now and work real hard, lik ethey suppose to do! We will see how this work out. Just play Komi and Streit, and the others. I still believe STreit can play hockey, if he's on of the best in a european league. It's not like he's totally useless and sucks in the NHL. Getting used to the game takes time, and getting realy fit in more time. And having faith in himself is the biggest thing atm i think!

Just play Komi and Streit, and the others. I still believe STreit can play hockey, if he's on of the best in a european league. It's not like he's totally useless and sucks in the NHL. Getting used to the game takes time, and getting realy fit in more time. And having faith in himself is the biggest thing atm i think!

WORD!

lot of fans in montreal are bashing streit.... ok, he had a terrible game vs. wsh, I agree. this was a -2 game for him. but the other games he played, he was NOT on the ice when other teams scored!

another point: I can't understand, why he didn't score till now.... he got a lot of pp-icetime and can shoot very well. but now, it's time to show his skills!!!!!

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Benoit. He's having a solid year. And he's not -11 like Hainsey is.

Laugh at me till your sides hurt but I wish Robidas was still around during times like this.

I'd take Robidas, Dykhuis and just about every other mediocre blueliner we've employed in the last 5 years.

I draw the line, however, at Patrick "The Pilon" Traverse.

Originally posted by Swiss-Habsfan
Just play Komi and Streit, and the others. I still believe STreit can play hockey, if he's on of the best in a european league. It's not like he's totally useless and sucks in the NHL. Getting used to the game takes time, and getting realy fit in more time. And having faith in himself is the biggest thing atm i think!

WORD!

lot of fans in montreal are bashing streit.... ok, he had a terrible game vs. wsh, I agree. this was a -2 game for him. but the other games he played, he was NOT on the ice when other teams scored!

another point: I can't understand, why he didn't score till now.... he got a lot of pp-icetime and can shoot very well. but now, it's time to show his skills!!!!!

Maybe he wasn't on the ice for many goals because... he hasn't been getting much ice time?

Anyway, the +/- doesn't tell the whole story. He hasn't looked comfortable out there, he isn't moving the puck well, and hasn't been a threat to score, that I've seen. I agree - he's still getting comfortable with the N.A. game, and I'm prepared to have patience with him. Having said that... the AHL is where you play to get comfortable, the NHL is where you play once you are.

Originally posted by DJ_Laszlo

Who ya gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!

sorry...it was the first thing that popped up in my head when I read the title of this topic...couldn't resist :)

Awww... I thought this thread was going to be about Ghostbusters.  

Anyways, our callup options on the farm suck. I hope Sourays back for the next game.

You got beaten on the ghostbusters joke, DJ. I thought of them first, too. Odds are it's what the poster was thinking of too.