Theodore Likely Not a Part of Team Canada

~moeman

Have your barf bag handy.

~~~

http://tinyurl.com/bqn5k

~~~

"Gretzky did say that Marty Brodeur is the No. 1 goalie - surprise, surprise - and Curtis Joseph, Ed Belfour, Marty Turco, and Roberto Luongo are vying for the final two spots.

"That (goaltending) is probably the hardest decision. We can only take three of them and only two will play. The third guy will not get an opportunity to play and that will be a hard decision."

~~~

how's the scouting going?

doan is elite?

I'm not surprised waynEgo is gonna diss Theodore. Bonus, it gives the mouth-breathing leafarazzi something to yip about.

~~~

:can:

[Edited on 12-7-05 by Fanpuck33]

I'm sick of all this "WaynEgo" crap? Since when did he become such a bad guy?

And why is it so surprising that Theodore isn't on his list? All the guys you listed have been better than Theodore this season. Face it, Jose has not been that great this season. Belfour's numbers are similar, but he's got the experience factor. Turco's numbers are better, and Cujo is playing amazing this season.

As for TSN's rankings, what's the big deal? Montreal has played like crap lately. I realize there are injuries and suspensions and such, but Power Rankings are all about how the team has done recently. 21st is generoud after the rough stretch we are going through.

[Edited on 12-7-05 by Fanpuck33]

First of all I am not arguing that Theo is not on the list.

But Cujo has no job being on this team.

I will admit yes he is playing very well right now.

But doesn’t Cujo always play his best hockey in low or no pressure situations.

And on the other hand terrible in high-pressure situations.

Let us recall Olympics 2002 and oh lets not forget when he could not even win one game for Detroit (the all star team) when the Ducks swept them. And don’t tell me Giguare stood on his head, because I know he did but it is a goalies job to at least steal one game a series and he will never win the pressure games for a team.

In my opinion he will do amazing in Phoenix until the playoff stretch when the wins become more vital.

I would be happy with Marty B, Roberto, and Marty T as our goalies but Cujo should not get another free goal medal for being the great ones goalie.

Not only does it upset people, they'll even edit your thread title because they disagree. I don't care if people like waynEgo, I don't. I believe he IS biased. I think he's an egomaniac. Its my opinion, respect it like I'd respect yours. What is it with people rubbing out others comments just because they don't like them? Weird and unCanadian.

I'd agree that Belfour has no business being singled out as one of the few. I'd personally go with Luongo and Turco for for 2 and 3. Cujo deserves to get consideration for his play this year. Theo only deserves consideration in the sense that Belfour deserves consideration.

Seriously who cares if Theo doesn't make Team Canada.

Face the facts, Martin Brodeur is going to be the starting goalie and who ever is going to back him up is most likely going to play two games during the preparatory round.

Originally posted by Tony

Face the facts, Martin Brodeur is going to be the starting goalie and who ever is going to back him up is most likely going to play two games during the preparatory round.

Ah yes, he said it best!

Plus, Theo is playing injured (apparently), so the extra rest might be a good thing for him.

Originally posted by ~moeman

Not only does it upset people, they'll even edit your thread title because they disagree. I don't care if people like waynEgo, I don't. I believe he IS biased. I think he's an egomaniac. Its my opinion, respect it like I'd respect yours. What is it with people rubbing out others comments just because they don't like them? Weird and unCanadian.

How long are you going to go on with this anti- Gretzky rant, you made your point already, give it a rest, it's becoming tiresome

Originally posted by Macaskill
Originally posted by Tony

Ah yes, he said it best!

Plus, Theo is playing injured (apparently), so the extra rest might be a good thing for him.

Yes Theo is still somewhat hampered by a sore groin.

AWWW the wayne bashing begins even before the finals.You know that phoenix will be our cinderella story this year......that means that montreal will win the cup not even having to face ottawa because the bruins upset them in the first round.........the series with the leafs went seven and was great to watch..... now bring on the great one so he can really see Theo in action ......in the stanley cup finals....... I'm just messin around but I could actually see it happening..

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

Belfour has less of a place being on that team then Theo does.  It was 2 years ago that they took THEO over Belfour b/c Belfour is a freakin geezer.  And he has looked the same if not worse than THeo all year.

Point proven KABOSH

You said it yourself, TWO YEARS AGO.

That was then and this is now.

Seriously, what's the big deal. If Theo was still in contention then he would be a third string.

Theo repeatly said it himself that if he were the third string goalie in any international competititon that he would rather train on his own rather than not playing a single game and watch by the sidelines.

Theodore should be competing for the starting spot with Brodeur.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Jose Theodore has carried for Habs for years, taken garbage to the 2nd round of the playoffs, and won MVPs.

The whole team's past and current success relies on Theo. The guy has played with Rivet, Brisebois, and Souray as his defenders, and he still manages to win and take this team to the playoffs. He'd absolutely be unstoppable with Blake, Pronger, Aucoin and McCabe in front of him.

He shouldn't of even let Gretzky consider him. He should of denied the invite months prior like Shaq does for the USA Basketball team or Jamaal MaGloire for Team Canada. They don't deserve him.

I guess this is for the better. He can get his rest.

I agree with a couple of you. Theodore is playing better, THIS SEASON, than Cujo and Belfour are. I'm not sure if the fact that Gretzky's from Ontario (and probably a Leafs fan) and that Pat Quinn helps choose the team has anything to do with it. Cujo has no business getting close to the team. I could definitely accept Turco being the 3rd string and I wouldn't mind Legace since he's been playing great. I wonder when Giguere will finally crack that roster.

About the power rankings. The Habs are 1-4 so 21st is an accurate ranking. No problems there.

EDIT: I found this in an article but it doesn't quote Gretzky's exact words.

"Gretzky says picking the two goalies after starter Martin Brodeur won't be easy now that Curtis Joseph has joined the mix along with Roberto Luongo, Jose Theodore and Marty Turco."

[Edited on 2005/12/7 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

First of, go ahead and cal me unCanadian, as I am not Canadian.

Second, show me where I edited the content of your thread. Go ahead, do it.

Done lokking? I thought so. I simply changed the title to better reflect the piece of news you brought up, that Theo appears to be out of the mix for Team Canada. You can bitch and complain all you want, but why let your biased opinion get in the way of the real piece of news?

Anyways, you never have backed up your opinion. What makes you think that he is such an egotistical guy?

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

First of, go ahead and cal me unCanadian, as I am not Canadian.

Second, show me where I edited the content of your thread. Go ahead, do it.

Done lokking? I thought so. I simply changed the title to better reflect the piece of news you brought up, that Theo appears to be out of the mix for Team Canada. You can bitch and complain all you want, but why let your biased opinion get in the way of the real piece of news?

Anyways, you never have backed up your opinion. What makes you think that he is such an egotistical guy?

I'm not going to argue any points here but in his post he said someone edited his "thread TITLE" not anything about the content.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I'm not going to argue any points here but in his post he said someone edited his "thread TITLE" not anything about the content.

Very true, my mistake. Still, the tread title was changed because it represented opinion as fact, not because I disagreed with what was said.

Anyways, let's get this thread back on track. ~moeman and I are discussing the matter privately.

[Edited on 12-8-05 by Fanpuck33]

Belfour has played well lately - but theodore is a better goalie and I can say this while also adding that I am seriously not being biased. Theodore is a better goalie. But belfour can be on his game. I just don't like the fact that Wayne ruled theo out and has befour in there still. Theodore is better for team canada.