Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

:?-

Final Crisis issue #6 today, Bruce Wayne was killed by Darkseid. Bruce Wayne is no more. Theres still going to be a Batman but it won't be Bruce Wayne.

Kinda sad, if you're into comics. And Supes is pisssssssed

batmanrip2.jpg

You just know he's gonna start wrecking shit out of grief now, they were tight.

My guy is actually dead.

Bruce Wayne is actually dead too.

Didn't know it was a competition.

Edited by jetsniper

geez thats why I didn't have a clue of what you were talking about !! Never been a fan of that kind of comic.

Edited by marky_and_komi

geez thats why I didn't have a clue of what you were talking about !! Never been a fan of that kind of comic.

Haha, yeah, I'm enjoying confusing people right now.

My friend thought Christian Bale had died and my dad thought Adam West died.

Haha, yeah, I'm enjoying confusing people right now.

My friend thought Christian Bale had died and my dad thought Adam West died.

Mayor West CANT die !! :angry:

Superman died at one point too. He seems relatively healthy now.

Does this mean Hush is goign to take over? Or will Nightwing become the new Batman?

Or is Alfred going to get all psycho and start swinging at people with his cane then mouthing off from behind the mask and through his false teeth?

Superman died at one point too. He seems relatively healthy now.

Does this mean Hush is goign to take over? Or will Nightwing become the new Batman?

Or is Alfred going to get all psycho and start swinging at people with his cane then mouthing off from behind the mask and through his false teeth?

Hahaha.

"COMING IN JULY 2011....I AM THE NIGHT....STARRING MICHAEL CAINE AS BATMAN!"

No one knows for sure yet, the popular choice is Nightwing stepping in as Batman, it's also the most logical. The next story arc for Batman is titled" Battle for the Cowl" or something so we'll find out soon.

This is supposedly DC's answer to Marvel killing Steve Rogers who they're promising is dead for good. DC is saying the same thing for Bruce.

Hahaha.

"COMING IN JULY 2011....I AM THE NIGHT....STARRING MICHAEL CAINE AS BATMAN!"

No one knows for sure yet, the popular choice is Nightwing stepping in as Batman, it's also the most logical. The next story arc for Batman is titled" Battle for the Cowl" or something so we'll find out soon.

This is supposedly DC's answer to Marvel killing Steve Rogers who they're promising is dead for good. DC is saying the same thing for Bruce.

I call bull. But hope springs eternal. And if it really is true, Batman just lost a lot of lustre. Incidentally, have you been reading the recent Batman books? I despise these massive crossover larks. They lose consistency, are poorly written, and cause me to lose a lot of interest.

I call bull. But hope springs eternal. And if it really is true, Batman just lost a lot of lustre. Incidentally, have you been reading the recent Batman books? I despise these massive crossover larks. They lose consistency, are poorly written, and cause me to lose a lot of interest.

Depends on the crossover but generally I'm a fan of them. Marvel has a tendency of half-assing the endings (the recent Secret Invasion arc is a good example) and DC spreads their material out over way too many books to the point where you really can't get to it all.

Final Crisis is a good read though, Grant Morrison is one of, if not the best comic writer today. I'm not much of a DC fan and really only stick to the big events, Batman, Lantern and Flash but I really enjoyed Final Crisis. I'm way more of a Marvel fan and while Secret Invasion introduced some interesting new points (S.H.I.E.L.D disbanded, Tony Stark removed as Director and replaced by Norman Osborn, Osborn secretly gathering the top villains to further their own agenda) it was indeed a poorly constructed mess to read. Dark Reign looks really promising though.

Depends on the crossover but generally I'm a fan of them. Marvel has a tendency of half-assing the endings (the recent Secret Invasion arc is a good example) and DC spreads their material out over way too many books to the point where you really can't get to it all.

Final Crisis is a good read though, Grant Morrison is one of, if not the best comic writer today. I'm not much of a DC fan and really only stick to the big events, Batman, Lantern and Flash but I really enjoyed Final Crisis. I'm way more of a Marvel fan and while Secret Invasion introduced some interesting new points (S.H.I.E.L.D disbanded, Tony Stark removed as Director and replaced by Norman Osborn, Osborn secretly gathering the top villains to further their own agenda) it was indeed a poorly constructed mess to read. Dark Reign looks really promising though.

I find the opposite. When they get into all this haberdashery, I want to jump ship and I find myself buying the books merely to maintain a run. Having said that, I've been slowly moving away from the escapism (and generally poor writing) of superhero stuff towards the much more intellectually stimulating work. I like Vertigo for that reason, though some of that is so highbrow as to be stratospheric and nigh on unreadable. I'm working my way through the mythological Hellboy (superhero-ish, but significantly better - and SO much better than those abysmal movies) and will start Sin City from the beginning as well. I have the Watchmen sitting ready to read. I think I'm going to work my way through many of the so-called classics this year.

Of course, I'm hoping that, by the time I get to San Diego (the single best time you can possibly have in the single best city I've ever been to), I'll also be seeing my own books in print as well.

I find the opposite. When they get into all this haberdashery, I want to jump ship and I find myself buying the books merely to maintain a run. Having said that, I've been slowly moving away from the escapism (and generally poor writing) of superhero stuff towards the much more intellectually stimulating work. I like Vertigo for that reason, though some of that is so highbrow as to be stratospheric and nigh on unreadable. I'm working my way through the mythological Hellboy (superhero-ish, but significantly better - and SO much better than those abysmal movies) and will start Sin City from the beginning as well. I have the Watchmen sitting ready to read. I think I'm going to work my way through many of the so-called classics this year.

Of course, I'm hoping that, by the time I get to San Diego (the single best time you can possibly have in the single best city I've ever been to), I'll also be seeing my own books in print as well.

Ahh, see, I only buy what I like so I can read a lot more. CDisplay and 50 gigs of comics gives me a nice amount of reading material. And Hellboy counts as a superhero, although I though this years movie did the character some justice. The animated films are even better while retaining the movie cast. I'm not sure anyone out there other then Ron Perlman should play him.

I've read through Watchmen and Sin City multiple times, just completed another run through Watchmen the other day. Still zone out everytime Ozymandias starts to talk, especially during the last issue. Great series but it's a snore whenever he talks. Can't really say much about Frank Miller that hasn't, happen to be reading Year One as we speak again. His 80s stuff is just outstanding. The first movie to be made based off his work was Daredevil and I still say it'd be as respected as the other movies based on his work if they casted someone other then Ben freakin Affleck. People say I'm crazy for that but he was the only problem I saw with the movie.

Make sure you get through the rest of the classic Batman books along with Year One if you haven't. Great stuff. I'm eventually gonna make it out to Comic-Con one year too. Hopefully next year where I'm guessing The Avengers movie will rule the roost. This year should be good too though, Thor movie, ###### yeah. Thor is the best series going right now, bar none. Every issue is better then the last one, #11 sure made Christmas a little better.

And are you saying you're doing your own comic? What kind of work is it, like a graphic novel or just a comic?

The first movie to be made based off his work was Daredevil and I still say it'd be as respected as the other movies based on his work if they casted someone other then Ben freakin Affleck. People say I'm crazy for that but he was the only problem I saw with the movie.

Make sure you get through the rest of the classic Batman books along with Year One if you haven't. Great stuff. I'm eventually gonna make it out to Comic-Con one year too. Hopefully next year where I'm guessing The Avengers movie will rule the roost. This year should be good too though, Thor movie, ###### yeah. Thor is the best series going right now, bar none. Every issue is better then the last one, #11 sure made Christmas a little better.

And are you saying you're doing your own comic? What kind of work is it, like a graphic novel or just a comic?

Daredevil was fine - minus the Affleck, of course. I completely agree.

And as for Comicon, I'll be there from now on. Last year was the first time I went and I won't miss it again. Amazing experience. And Jolene Blalock is überhot up close and personal. ;)

As for what I'm doing? A variety of things including the almost-impossible blind submission. However I have two personal projects on the go. We'll see.

I'm making it the highlight of my every year. I went last year for the first time to learn from a writer's perspective and didn't really look to all the other stuff that went on necessarily. However, when you're waiting for a particular conference to come along and you want to get there early, inevitably you go to something else. One in particular which was stellar was the Starship Troopers panel. Forget that Blalock was there - it was a 60-minute laugh-fest. Poor Blalock was laughing so hard at one point she put her head on the table and just rocked with laughter for a while. That, of course, had everyone else on the panel laughing and wisecracking over. Which had the crowd going. And that happens repeatedly over the course of four (or five if you go to preview day) days straight.

Then you have the Gaslamp district right beside the conference centre. If anyone has been to the Byward Market in Ottawa, it's similar in format, but much larger. Then there's the ocean; the beaches, the zoo, the parks, the museums. On and on. I don't smoke, but I went to Old San Diego and visited the replica shop of the first tabacco store in California. Bought a coffee-flavoured cigar and had a grand time for an hour.

If you can manage to get there this year, we'll have drinks one night (or so). I'll even buy Mr. Struggling College Student. ;) (Long as you're not an alcoholic!) LOL

I was just talking to my wife about it over dinner. I won't even consider not going again. She asked if she and my boy could go along. I may end up going for two weeks: one with her and Kieran, then the next for Comicon. (Pointless for her and Kieran to do Comicon - it's too chaotic for a kid his age, and since I go to lots of these panels, she'd not see me much.) Quite honestly, I really enjoyed doing it by myself anyhow.

Got questions? Just ask.

San Diego - best city I've ever seen.

If you can manage to get there this year, we'll have drinks one night (or so). I'll even buy Mr. Struggling College Student. ;) (Long as you're not an alcoholic!) LOL

Haha, not a chance this year. I am eventually going to go though so if you keep going every year, I'll take you up on that.

And it's 10 degrees in Calgary today, I love chinooks! Hows the weather in the East?

Haha, not a chance this year. I am eventually going to go though so if you keep going every year, I'll take you up on that.

And it's 10 degrees in Calgary today, I love chinooks! Hows the weather in the East?

Enjoy your chinook, Mr. Snow in June.

So so so many people I've talked to are so glad Circuit City is going out of business.

I went in one once but everything was so insanely overpriced that I just went right back out. I feel bad for people who do the majority of their shopping there. Or did now, I guess, haha.

So so so many people I've talked to are so glad Circuit City is going out of business.

I went in one once but everything was so insanely overpriced that I just went right back out. I feel bad for people who do the majority of their shopping there. Or did now, I guess, haha.

Well, I don't know about their regular prices, but their sale prices were pretty much always better than Best Buy. At least in my area. The only time I've gone to Best Buy in the last 5 years in when I had a gift card. I got a lot of nice deals there over the years. 1 gig card for my camera for 3 bucks, 2 gig flash drive for 4 bucks. I always got most of my games from there on sales, even when they first came out a lot of the time. My only complaint was that they chose to ship with FedEx SmartPost, which sucks.

I also loved that their in-store prices were the same as their online prices. A week ago I was looking online at mice on Best Buy since I had a card, and had one picked out I thought I liked, but wanted to feel it out before I bought it. I got to the store and it cost 10 bucks more. Just plain ridiculous.