Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

I was asked to go work in Sweden for 2 months today. :o

lol... A gametesting field trip? I didn't know they had those.

I'll be 88.

BMI is a horribly inaccurate way of measuring your health though.

unless you're quite buffed, BMI is to be taken seriously. alot of problems will occur as you're getting older if you carry extra weight.

same thing if you are underweight.

unless you're quite buffed, BMI is to be taken seriously. alot of problems will occur as you're getting older if you carry extra weight.

same thing if you are underweight.

Yeah, it works if you're older. Until you hit your mid 30s though, it's not even something you should listen to. Muscle weighs much more then fat so any athlete you look up will be listed as overweight. Heck, Ovechkin has a higher BMI then me and somehow I doubt I'm in better shape.

The majority of people here are in their 20s so we can all throw our BMI numbers out the window for now. Measuring your waist circumference is starting to be recognized as a much more accurate method when it comes to disease risk and doctors are getting away from using BMI (atleast according to my sister and dads girlfriend, who are both nurses)

This is a good article about it.

Edited by jetsniper

Yeah, it works if you're older. Until you hit your mid 30s though, it's not even something you should listen to. Muscle weighs much more then fat so any athlete you look up will be listed as overweight. Heck, Ovechkin has a higher BMI then me and somehow I doubt I'm in better shape.

The majority of people here are in their 20s so we can all throw our BMI numbers out the window for now. Measuring your waist circumference is starting to be recognized as a much more accurate method when it comes to disease risk and doctors are getting away from using BMI (atleast according to my sister and dads girlfriend, who are both nurses)

This is a good article about it.

Like I said, if you're only muscle the BMI is not good. Geez I wish I had Ovechkin's BMI....but I'd keep my face !! on the other hand, if a guy like Michael Moore lost so much weight that his BMi was par to mine' he'd be quite in good shape !!

if your BMI is already high in your 20s for the wrong reasons, you should react asap for it's easier to lose weight when you're younger. the metabolism being faster. I'm only 30 and despite trying to eat as healthy as possible and going to the gym 5-7 hours weekly I find it harder to shed the extra pounds I've taken over the years

I hope doctors your sister's et al. refer to are using more than the BMI as an investigation

I hope doctors your sister's et al. refer to are using more than the BMI as an investigation

Of course. BMI is just one of many tests you're supposed to use, there isn't one test you can 100% rely on when it comes to checking for disease risk since BMI can't check for fat allocation and the like. If fat is mainly in your abdominal area obviously thats going to be a bigger risk then if it's just located in your thighs since it's clumping around important organs.

You're right though, after you hit about 25, losing weight basically doubles in how hard it becomes to lose. So you're right in that you should start being healthy and exercising ASAP but BMI is a pretty bad indicator to use in your 20s (especially if it's the only indicator you use.)

If you're that concerned about it (I'm speaking generally here), it's better just to go in for a physical.

My BMI is 20 and I'm a non-smoker but it says I'll die at 74. How does their formula work?

the site seems pessimistic for everybody. I've been on another site and it told me I could die at 90 if I lost a bit of weight.

I thought this site was better and took things in consideration.

Edited by marky_and_komi

• 2 weeks later...

Did the site settings change or something? I didn't touch mine but mine are all messed up (for example, the toolbars that should be above the textbox as I post are missing and other options are at the bottom of the page). On a semi related note, here is the link I meant to put in the Funny Youtube Thread but can't:

Sarah Palin gets pranked

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOqZtQ06Qc

I really feel a bit bad for her after that - that's embarassing!

Edited by BTH

• 3 weeks later...
sadface

hate christmas

aghhh I f**ing hate Chritsmas albums...you know you're a lame artist when you make a xmas album !!

Step 1: Listen to Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Step 2: Admit how wrong you were.

Step one: we can have lots of fun...

step two... :lol:

TSO are awesome. I would love see them in concert.

However, all the secondary signers, all the litlle wannabees and has beens will make a christmas album. Maybe in Quebec since we are a small market for too many poor singers.

heck, even if it's Celine Dion singning a xmas song, it still sucks. remember when she destroyed John Lennon Xmas song. by far the best christmas song EVER and the stupid women totally killed it :puke: