Dumont

Ribeiro to Ryder

ok I was the guy that got baned a coupled of years ago for being a dumont "groupie". I am sorry for all that stuff but I am a habs fan so don't ban me again, I love this team and what you have done with this kick ass forum. This will be the last thread I make about Dumont so please don't get mad. I am just wondering what everyone on here thinks about this guy. would you have him on you're team? why? why not?

Obviously I would because I am his biggest fan. All I have to say about him is watch him play before you say he's a bust or he sucks! He hasn't lived up to third overall statisticly but he is still a good player. Just wanted to know if people would want him on the habs and what would you give up for him? remember I love the habs don't ban me! last dumont thread I SWEAR!

Les Habitants sont la

ok I was the guy that got baned a coupled of years ago for being a dumont "groupie". I am sorry for all that stuff but I am a habs fan so don't ban me again, I love this team and what you have done with this kick ass forum. This will be the last thread I make about Dumont so please don't get mad. I am just wondering what everyone on here thinks about this guy. would you have him on you're team? why? why not?

Obviously I would because I am his biggest fan. All I have to say about him is watch him play before you say he's a bust or he sucks! He hasn't lived up to third overall statisticly but he is still a good player. Just wanted to know if people would want him on the habs and what would you give up for him? remember I love the habs don't ban me! last dumont thread I SWEAR!

Les Habitants sont la

Seems to me that Dumont is a Zednik-type of winger, with maybe a little more creativity, but also much more injury prone.

Ah, I remember you. Well R2R, All I can say is that YES, Dumont is a solid player. He has not lived up to his 3rd round pick expectations, but that is the Islanders fault for picking him that early and I also don't think any team in this league would not accept him on their lineup.

He is 27 and he has yet to really have a BREAKOUT year but it could come any time soon because different players have different primes.

If a trade were to happen between Buffalo and Montreal, my opinion is that Dumonts value is probably a third liner and a solid pick.

habsfan88: I completely agree with you and thanks alot for the cool nickname

R2R, nice ring to it!

Nobody made fun of him last time, it's just that EVERY SINGLE post you made was about Dumont. That was trollish behavior. It seemed like all you cared about was spamming the boards with Dumont posts.

Anyways, welcome back.

Thanks, yes I was younger and far more immature I apoligize for anything I did back then. I agree with everything you said and I assure you that kinda stuff won't happen again.

fan puck33, would you take him on the habs and for what?

I have always enjoyed watching JP play. He is exciting and works hard for the most part. I have also seen him make numerous mistakes and loose his confidence for long periods. But this happens with any player who does not fully reach their potential. I would take him on the Habs he usually works vary hard and is fairly intelligent.

Dumont is a very good player who hasn't yet put together what he was expected to do.

By the way, habsfan88, Dumont was a 3rd pick overall (1st round) by the New York Islanders.

His main weakness was that he was supposed to be a slow skater but he took speed skating lessons from some woman skater which was supposed to have improved his foot speed. I don't know if it did.

Bottom line... I trust that Bob Gainey will NOT trade for him.

:hlogo: :king: :hlogo:

It seems like I found someone close to my age. Anyway, Dumont is a good player. If he can play LW he'd be a great fit for our second line. I never knew he was drafted 3rd overall but then again so was Bonk.

It seems like I found someone close to my age. Anyway, Dumont is a good player. If he can play LW he'd be a great fit for our second line. I never knew he was drafted 3rd overall but then again so was Bonk.

hey, BTH... to find out about players, teams and draft stats, check out http://www.hockeydb.com/index.html - i'd suggest that you put it in your 'favourites' or 'bookmarks'. :)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

hey, BTH... to find out about players, teams and draft stats, check out http://www.hockeydb.com/index.html - i'd suggest that you put it in your 'favourites' or 'bookmarks'. :)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

If you're talking about Bonk then your site also says that the Senators drafted him 3rd overall in the 1994 entry draft.

Bottom line... I trust that Bob Gainey will NOT trade for him.

:hlogo: :king: :hlogo:

Maybe I read this incorectly. This is what I gathered from what you said. You would rather not have Dumont on you're team than not. If so I know for a fact you haven't seen him play very often

Maybe I read this incorectly. This is what I gathered from what you said. You would rather not have Dumont on you're team than not. If so I know for a fact you haven't seen him play very often

hey man, can you do me a favour? How about you write a few posts that in no way relate to Mr. Dumont.

i've always liked Dumont - thought he was underrated as a player (overrated in the draft, though)

he brought a lot to the Sabres lineup. I don't think he fits in Montreal - but he's certainly someone I like.

whats wrong with having one thread about him?? and in fact I have maid a couple that were in Habs talk a couple of days ago!

1) your earlier antics are not forgotten.

2) People don't usually make a whole thread about a player unless

a)he plays for the habs and has either recently underperformed or overperformed

B) plays for the habs and there is some sort of injury news

c) is a major star and there is some sort of injury news

d) is part of a trade or trade rumour, usually to or from the habs

e) at least has some sort of recent occurence involving him that hopefully in some way relates to the habs.

None of the above applies to Dumont. It would be different if it were any other poster, and even then I'd wonder why the thread exists. This is, in total, your 4th or so thread about Dumont. It's ridiculous. Many of the people on the team have favourite players, many of them play for other teams. There are people here who love Jagr, Nash, even Kaberle etc... but you rarely hear about it cause it's not chat worthy.

I have a soft spot for Bryan Berard, I like Cheechoo and Tootoo and although I dont need him on the team, I still like Yanic. Question: Did anybody on this board know about this until now? No. Why? because it is irrelevant. I think I once mentioned over the offseason that Berard was an available UFA, that was it. I seriously doubt anybody noticed... but that was at least someone relevant to the habs.

Edited by simonus

• 4 weeks later...

if you live in Ontario, watch Dumont tonight. 7:30. He will be getting limited ice time as this is just his second game back from his sports hernia injury (which he recovered from far quicker than expected) but he is fun to watch regardless of ice time. He is a great player and maybe people will see what I mean by that tonight after he scores 18 times on Belfour! :)