Habs Game Recap

Habby1197

Thanks, and good job.

So what do you think Gainey's grade is? So far this season its nothing good. I'd say the habs are long overdue for a shakeup, enough is enough. Thats just my opinion.

All Gainey has done this year, is get Murray for Hossa, which looks good now, but that isn't enough.

We're STILL 4 games over .500... and we can turn it around... I hope he doesn't wait until we slip even furthur.

Edited by Habby1197

Thanks for a good write-up.

Yes, the result of the game is disappointing but, if you're evaluation of the play of the kids is correct, the future shines more brightly.

I enjoyed watching Kostsitsyn. Ferland had a good game. Murray is a fine addition to this team. Higgins proves again that he's a super part of the team. If Plekanec continues the way he did when he comes back, he'll be a great part of the team. If Perezhogin can learn what he needs to learn he'll be a constant threat when he's on the ice.

The defense is still wanting but maybe kids like Emelin & O'Byrne will be able to supply a good part of what we need.

Also, if Latendresse becomes what he shows he can be....... wow.

Finally, for now, when Chipchura comes on board.... he looks to be a leader of note for the team.

Things are frustrating for now but, as someone said on another string, this is still a team in transition. In a couple of years, it could become quite a presence in the league.v

Breakdowns in defensive coverage cost the Habs again last nite. Jose has not been consistent and his confidence is weak, he is unsure about challenging shooters. I think the 4th line was a refreshing change, a line that could deliver some hits and show some energy. The Canadiens need this line which can wear down opposing teams, the Canadiens opponents so far have been far too comfortable playing against them. The 1st line has rust on it obviously, -5 for the night according to The Team 990, but they should produce after a couple of games under their belt. Rivet unfortunately cannot move the puck out of our zone in any consistent fashion and Bouillon is beginning to look beaten down from playing with Rivet and with all the physical attention he is getting from opposing teams. Streit, although he has little physical presence, can usually make a good first pass or clearing effort.

It was good to see Ribiero and Dagenais out of the lineup last night, Julien has to send a message or lose his job. Dagenais frankly cannot play at a level required in the NHL, the man has an incredible shot but he cannot do anything intelligent with the puck when not facing the net nor can he skate at the required pace.

Could someone answer a question. Did the Canadiens pick Carey Price over Jack Johnson ?

Thanks for the article I really enjoyed it.

Our 4th line was the best all night. They were in the offensive zone alot and making life miserable for the Pens.

I like the second line the way it is.....Ribs who?

Theodore was absolutely terrible and our D-men were not much better.

CJ said enough is enough and it had better be. We are looking at missing the playoffs now and I can't handle that.

Notable Players in the 2005 draft chosen after Carey Price (5th OA):

Gilbert Brule

Luc Bourdon

Brian Lee

Marc Staal

Matt Lashoff

Jack Skille

Anze Kopitar

TJ Oshie

Jakub Kindel

Marek Zagrapan

It was a deep year. Which makes it even more risky to draft a goalie with the 5th OA pick. I tried to get some D-men in there because that's what the Habs need. I think I would have been happier with Bourdon or Staal or Kopitar then Price but I guess a team desperate for a goalie will trade us BIG for Price. More than Bourdon or Staal. Ottawa made another smart draft choice taking defenceman Brian Lee. We don't need Brule because we have Chipchura who will be a similar player. Had Jack Johnson made it to 5th OA, the Habs wuld have grabbed him right away. He might be even better than his brother.

I think Kopitar will be a beast of a player. He was slated as top-five material for a long time.

The knock on him was that he was from Sweden. No kidding.

I don't know really about Price at this moment. He's really struggled this year, and drafting players to trade them isn't much of a strategy.

I think Kopitar will be a beast of a player. He was slated as top-five material for a long time.

The knock on him was that he was from Sweden. No kidding.

I don't know really about Price at this moment. He's really struggled this year, and drafting players to trade them isn't much of a strategy.

Kopitar is from Slovenia, not Sweden.

I think Gainey drafted Price because he has little faith in Theo going forward, and I would have to say that I am really beginning to see his perspective.

Err... since when were regular members allowed to write articles?

Thanks guys, I'll try and do them whenever I can.

I wasn't always a regular member, just haven't been around too much because of school and such, but I just graduated... So I'll have more time.

I mean, I am HW's 3rd member ever.... LOL

Err... since when were regular members allowed to write articles?

Dan (habby) isnt a regular member (he's an irregular one, lol). He's been a collab from the start, and like he said he's our 3rd member (after Matt and Me). He just hasnt done much in awhile. hehe