Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Avalanche | 01/11/06 | 9:00

les_glorieux

Wow Im surprised, it seemed like his numbers would've been better than that. Maybe it was just his numbers in the 3rd period.... I dunno. It certainly appeared that he was winning a ton.

12 wins

11 loses

52%

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad they scored the 2 late goals but the fact was that we had no business being in that game. I'm getting more and more convinced that Huet is a bona fide starting goalie.

There were several good things to take out of this game

1 - Huet - no explanation necessary

2 - PK - tremendous, although the penalties were stupid

3 - There were brief moments when the Habs owned the Avs' zone... shows potential of what they CAN do.. if they actually work at it...

4 - That last play w/ Ryder.. They believed they could win! Effin' right!

IMO, game-winning giveaway notwithstanding, Bonk played a decent game. I attribute a portion of that whole play to Bouillon's fatigue, although Bonk is clearly at fault. I blame the altitude, and a weak 1st period, and a 6 minute brainfart in the third.

Also, I don't want to sound like a Leafs' fan, but I, as well as the commentators noticed 2 incidences in which the Avs had an extra player on the ice. 4 straight Habs penalites? Not right.

We can build on this, and destroy SJ on Sat. Thorton can't beat the Habs. It's been proven time and time again! :D

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ribeiro go, i feel like they were trying to showcase him by putting him on a line with Kovalev. Which by the way didn't work. It's like Ribeiro sucked all the life out of the line that was Bulis Kosty and Kovy....

I want a trade, and if i don't get one soon i might throw a temper tantrum

Huet played great tonight, too bad Bonk let him down. First he takes a lazy penalty then later he gives the puck away and doesn't take his man who scores, absolutely frustrating to watch. I thought the game was pretty even after the first in fact the shots were even the last two periods. I watched the game on TSN and I have to say Pierre Maguire can be the most irritating announcer there is. I don't understand French but I was tempted to switch to RDS so I wouldn't have to listen to him rant.

Edited by olematelot

I agree Ribs was a disappointment again tonight. He was playing with the two very talented bigger size guys and still could not generate much of anything. Bulis should be getting top 2 line ice he has been spectacular in the past few weeks and was better with big ice.

I think Sunny needs a healthy scratch he missed that empty net and just is not winning many of his battles that he usually does. Put Ferland back in the Line-up if he is still up with the bi club or call Zhog back and let him play.

Bulis assisted on the goal. He also nailed Brisebois in center ice which is about equal to a goal. :D

definitely not a bad loss. My call is put Theodore in net now despite Huet's amazing game.

Well looks like were gonna have to wait for a winning streak for another long time, espesialy with this schedual we have this month!!!

I don't know how many other people are fusterated like i am with this like umm 3 wins in out last 1 games, i have no idea what is going on with the habs...:S

All i know GET BACK INTO IT !!! lol

The one thing I can be really happy about is that there's nobody else I'd rather running this organization right now.

If there is anybody i trust it's bob, but sometimes i think he's too calm and patient and I'd like to see something some sign that he hasn't snoozed off, before it's too late and we give up on the season.

We're totally horrible... How fitting was it to have Lappy score the GWG on a Bonk turnover. Bonk was our Summer 04' pick up, when Lappy wanted nothing more than to sign with the Habs... Gainey sucks, until he proves me otherwise.

Edited by Habby1197

If there is anybody i trust it's bob, but sometimes i think he's too calm and patient and I'd like to see something some sign that he hasn't snoozed off, before it's too late and we give up on the season.

I think after the great start by the team

in the win column anyways

No one including Gainey himself

thought this team would fall as fast as it has

brutal sched coming up and really if things dont

change big time this team could be out

of the playoffs run by the end of January

I really dont see a turnaround here

do others?

I watched the first two periods.

Huet was just awesome. How many breakaways/half-breakaways did he stop?

What a shame that a killer performance by Huet was spoiled by the rest of the team. The first period was nothing short of putrid.

Kovalev made some decent plays but we need more out of our "star player".

Why is Ribs still playing?

Bonk = waivers

Zednik was better than he has been.

If Theo was in net, it would have been 10-1.

Huet deserves the next start.

I'm slowly reconciling myself to the idea that the Habs probably will not make the playoffs this year. This is a painful process, after such promise before the year began, and the quick start.

I'm just not seeing progress. Unless Bob pulls the trigger on a significant move AND it works right away (two different things), this season is lost.

Here are the people that I deem expendable according to their performance at the beginning of the season. I would like to get rid of them mostly in trades but some, just to dump salary period.

1. Ribeiro

2. Theo

3. Bonk

4. Sundstrom

5. Zednik

That is the problem with this team....and I want a trade, in full realization that if we don't get one, the playoffs seem further and further away.

I want to see Julien gone if he's not going to show some emotion where's The Therien style blow up i want one of those.

Here are the people that I deem expendable according to their performance at the beginning of the season. I would like to get rid of them mostly in trades but some, just to dump salary period.

1. Ribeiro

2. Theo

3. Bonk

4. Sundstrom

5. Zednik

That is the problem with this team....and I want a trade, in full realization that if we don't get one, the playoffs seem further and further away.

I want to see Julien gone if he's not going to show some emotion where's The Therien style blow up i want one of those.

I like your list and the order it is in with the exception of Sundstrom. I think the guy does his job extremely well (no he can't score).

CJ, I'm not ready to give up on yet. I think this is a problem with shitty players with even shittier attitudes and lack of team heart. Swelled heads and super star status living the honkey gangsta life.

Please Bob ship #1 and #2 away today.