Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Avalanche | 01/11/06 | 9:00

les_glorieux

2 reasons we lost:

1) BONK

2) SUNSTROM..................Even I could hit an empty net in that close!

I suppose last night, they could have made the difference. But the Habs were fortunate not to be down by a couple in the first period.

Looking at the bigger picture, it's not these guys fault every night. Players will make mistakes, but why aren't we forcing our opponents to make some? As for Sundstrom, if we have to rely on a guy like him to provide the offence... big trouble. :(

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you forgot several players on the list. The D needs a major overhaul. So you can add Rivet, Bouillon, Souray, i would move Dandy to RW, so in my opinion you should add about 4 D to the list of needs. They have been abused the last 4 or 5 games, averaging 40 shots against.

I can't believe how a lot of people have given up on Theo because he's struggled in the first half. A bunch of fair weather fans, pathetic.

How bout watching him over the course of years.....Yeah he's struggled and shown NO signs of improving, while everyone else we compared him to at the beginning of the year like Brodeur and Luongo have adjusted. How bout Theo's ability to give up soft goals, he might be the best in the league at it and that goes all the way back to his vezina year, how bout his stellar performance against TBay in the playoffs.

AND WORST his attitude everytime a goal is scored on him he drops his shoulders, not in anger at himself but at the players who gave up the chance. HOw bout he gives up on plays to easily, how bout that he is the worst stickhandling goalie in the league and costs himself at least 1 scoring chance against in a game.

HOw bout that if we want to make the playoffs I guarantee that a Huet / Danis combo if nothing else can match Theo's Supreme 3.22 GAA and .889 Save PErcentage, however they can't even comibned match the 5 M he's getting paid for it

ANd that's my rant and we can agree to disagree, I will support THEO as long as he is on the Canadiens, but would not be dissapointed to see him go. Many people have the same opinion as you and I respect it, but I cannot agree with it, I hope Theo proves me wrong if he's still around.

I think you forgot several players on the list. The D needs a major overhaul. So you can add Rivet, Bouillon, Souray, i would move Dandy to RW, so in my opinion you should add about 4 D to the list of needs. They have been abused the last 4 or 5 games, averaging 40 shots against.

It's not our "D"....its the stupid "system" (hate that word!) CJ is still trying to implement......Why is that most teams are beating up on teams like Wash. and Pitt., while we're 0-4 against them....it's because they attack their very weak and inexperienced "D", which give up the puck more often than not......Our strategy is to send one guy in as a pest and hope we can create a turnover at centre ice, and then counterattack. As the rules have changed (tag-up off-side), these teams have gotten smart and all they do now is as soon as any bit of pressure comes there way, they dump the puck into our corner zones, and make our "D" work hard to get it out while being harassed by 2, sometimes 3 forecheckers.......that's why our "D" are always so tired in the third period....we need a new philosophy....our defense never pinches in to keep the puck in the offensive zone because we worry too much about a 2-on-1 going the other way.....I'd rather we become more aggressive and take chances, let their "D" get tired of chasing our forwards in their zone throughout the game......this only happens when we fall behind.....if you notice we actually play better when we're losing, and this is why, with very few exceptions, we never get blown about by anybody, nor do we beat anybody by more than a goal. IT'S NOT WORKING, TIME TO FIX IT!!!

I agree with that statement about the system, it's actually getting hard to watch on TV. Great point about backing off the blueline, i can't stand seeing a puck going up the boards and wondering where is the D, My opinion is they try to either not lose, or win 1-0. that will never work. That being said The D get abused 1 on1, i.e. Markov, steit and Bouillon last night, they can't win 1 on 1 battles reliably, and they are very slow. So i still think we need some D help. A new aggressive system would certainly be nice to see. If they are going to lose every night, atleast play aggressively.

It's not our "D"....its the stupid "system" (hate that word!) CJ is still trying to implement......Why is that most teams are beating up on teams like Wash. and Pitt., while we're 0-4 against them....it's because they attack their very weak and inexperienced "D", which give up the puck more often than not......Our strategy is to send one guy in as a pest and hope we can create a turnover at centre ice, and then counterattack. As the rules have changed (tag-up off-side), these teams have gotten smart and all they do now is as soon as any bit of pressure comes there way, they dump the puck into our corner zones, and make our "D" work hard to get it out while being harassed by 2, sometimes 3 forecheckers.......that's why our "D" are always so tired in the third period....we need a new philosophy....our defense never pinches in to keep the puck in the offensive zone because we worry too much about a 2-on-1 going the other way.....I'd rather we become more aggressive and take chances, let their "D" get tired of chasing our forwards in their zone throughout the game......this only happens when we fall behind.....if you notice we actually play better when we're losing, and this is why, with very few exceptions, we never get blown about by anybody, nor do we beat anybody by more than a goal. IT'S NOT WORKING, TIME TO FIX IT!!!

Well said, I couldn't agree more

I can't believe how a lot of people have given up on Theo because he's struggled in the first half. A bunch of fair weather fans, pathetic.

I have not liked Theo since his "super season". The guy sucks, he has always dropped too early and has always been weak on the glove side.

I have always disliked his attitude. Read/listen to his after game comments, he always blames others and rarely if ever even includes himself in the blame.

A friggen turnip

B) ^_^:D

I never actually saw Lappy's goal though, I thought it was still a commercial so I was on YTV watching Spongebob. I know, shut up. Anyway, Huet looked amazing last night, it was frustrating seeing him stop just about every chance we had. And I thought the officiating was terrible, for both sides. Lots of missed calls and then huge streaks of PP's for both teams. I think this was the last win of our streak though, we've got Philly on Saturday. :puke:

Bonk, you want to hold your head in shame.

And you think he didn't? He was almost crying in the final minute of the game. We can't blame the loss on Bonk; we were completely outplayed, right from the start. We're lucky it wasn't 6-1.

I have not liked Theo since his "super season". The guy sucks, he has always dropped too early and has always been weak on the glove side.

I have always disliked his attitude. Read/listen to his after game comments, he always blames others and rarely if ever even includes himself in the blame.

A friggen turnip

Could you be more specific please

and I remember when there was a guy named patty rooy(d for dickhead cherry)_ or some such and a guy named jose who was extremely pissed off that he did not make the big club and how good he played when he did make it. jose has it but can he deliver? I'm not so sure anymore.

I'd take Bouillon off that list. He's their best defender one-on-one on the rush. He's the only guy who didn't get schooled by Svatos. Markov got caught looking at his feet, and Dandenault was a pylon for him. It was Bouillon who knocked the puck of his stick before he got a shot away. He's been the most consistent blueliner on the team this season.

cool, i guess...

but your situation seems to suck on many different levels

After seen the match, the conclusions of someone like me who understands a very little about ice hockey:

1) This the type of goal that Sundstrom needs to score a goal

football_goals_large.jpg

2) It's impossible that Huet is as great goalie as I think he was looking his stops against Avs, is this his usual level?

3) I think we had a little bad luck. This was a game to tie, the score is unjust

No other 2 years waiting to have another Habs game in Spanish TV, please :king: