Ribeiro About To Be Traded

KoZed

Mathias Brunet from La Presse writes an article today saying Gainey is about to move soon (nothing surprising here).

The most likely trade partner right now is Chicago. Pierre Gauthier has been seen at some Hawks games lately, and Chicago's Marc Bergevin was scouting the Habs in Colorado last night.

Brunet throws a bunch of Hawks names out there without saying which of them would be coming our way. But Brunet points directly at Ribeiro, saying Gainey would have offered him around the league.

There's still some chance that Colorado would be in the picture for Theodore. Its an old story, but it seems it didnt die down with Lacroix public comments saying there was no truth to the rumors.

I hope he's right and i hope it's soon.....Ribeiro for 14 blackhawk fans or 4 foam fingers.

My personnal choice would be Mark Bell. Big guy, good work ethic, some offensive potential and maybe even captain material down the line. But I highly doubt Chicago would part with him, especially for someone like Ribs.

What I'm expecting out of it is something like Arnason. An underachiever like Ribs who has lots of bagages in Chicago. Maybe a change of scenery could be beneficial to him. More complete player, but much less offensive upside than Ribs, so I'm not sure how that would turn out.

I really like Rene Bourque. Big guy, good speed, huge slapshot, overachieved to get where he is now. But not worth Ribs. Calder is also a nice little player, hard-working. Kinda like a Chris Higgins-type of guy. Which means the downside is limited offensive potential.

Lapointe is a possibility. It would add a little more grit, experience and leadership in a team that needs it desperatly. But he's a RW and we've already got Kovalev and Ryder there, so he'd be limited to 3rd line duties. That's far from being a roster-shaker. I'd expect nothing less than a top 6 forwards or top 3 defensemen for Ribs. Like him or not, his offensive potential should be worth something good on the market.

Aucoin would definitely be a huge addition to the Habs. You get a reliable top-pair D-man who can log tons of ice-time and can play on a 1st PP unit as well. But the price tag (both financial and in assets) to get him would be steep.

I would take one of their young D. We have none in our system. Not much help for this year, but I don't care at this point. Obviously, I would like to make the playoffs, but I prefer to think long term and I thimk that its what Bob his doing.

I don't mind not making a trade do help us now and not making the playoffs if it means getting a young guy that would be ready next year. Not making the playoffs also means a better draft pick, possibly a top 10 and the draft has very good talent next year. Obviously, this would have to be the last year of us not making the playoffs (and we still can even if we don't make a trade). All of this would be towards making us a top team in 2 years for the 2007-08 season. Are young prospects currently with the team will have some experience and the ones in the minors will have reached the NHL (Latendresse, Chipchura, Emelin).

I haven't given up yet on this year, but I'm being realistic, our team needs changes and I see us building towards a championship team in 2-3 years. Bob has not been with the team for long and most players are not his. It takes time to build the team you want as a GM and that's what Bob his doing, taking his time.

I hope he's right and i hope it's soon.....Ribeiro for 14 blackhawk fans or 4 foam fingers.

I'll take the 4 foam fingers please.....

They have Vrbata in Chicago. Didn't he play junior hockey with Ryder?

Vrbata might work... but I doubt he'd get traded again, and even then, we'd need something else in return

Ribs for the rights to Theo Fluery, 2 foam fingers and the old time organist. We'll throw in Dags if the include the old fog horn.

But in reality... they wont part with any of their young defence, not unless we are trading young forwards or goalies. Chicago, like us, is in a rebuilding stage. I'd expect Spacek. Simpson, Cullimore or Aucoin to be moved if any of their defence.

Ribs for the rights to Theo Fluery, 2 foam fingers and the old time organist. We'll throw in Dags if the include the old fog horn.

But in reality... they wont part with any of their young defence, not unless we are trading young forwards or goalies. Chicago, like us, is in a rebuilding stage. I'd expect Spacek. Simpson, Cullimore or Aucoin to be moved if any of their defence.

Chicago looks to be cutting salary that they added and although we didn't want to pay him then, I think and somebody can tell me if i'm on crack, but i would like a

To Hawks: Ribeiro and Zednik and 3rd rnd pick

TO Habs: Bell and Aucoin

Can this work financially?

We absorb the additional money from Aucoin and in payment of that get a better talent in Mark Bell than a Calder or Arnason. Giving them back a scorer type in Zed and Useless attention monger in Ribeiro and the 3rd round pick is because we feel bad about giving them Ribeiro.

Bell might be a pipe dream but i wouldn't be surprised to see something like tihs although Aucoin is expensive.

Not sure if this is already open or not, but according to TFP, here's what La Presse is reporting...

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl060112.html

Basically:

Mtl: Ribeiro, dMan, young player

Chi: Bell/calder/arnasan and Aucoin

Looks pretty damn good to me!

edit: Here's the french La Presse article:

http://www.lapresse.ca/article/20060112/CP...TS01/60112038/0

Edited by Makh2o

Not sure if this is already open or not, but according to TFP, here's what La Presse is reporting...

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl060112.html

Basically:

Mtl: Ribeiro, dMan, young player

Chi: Bell/calder/arnasan and Aucoin

Looks pretty damn good to me!

edit: Here's the french La Presse article:

http://www.lapresse.ca/article/20060112/CP...TS01/60112038/0

If we pulled this off for Bell and Aucoin I'd say any Dman not named Markov (including Komisarek) and young player not named Perezhogin, Kostsitsyn

Calder and arnasan i don't really care about.

Come on BOB, My productivity has been hampered by all these rumours I think bob should just pull the trigger so that I can get back to my life, all i do i sit around hitting refresh and checking the net for rumours.

Also, Bob shoudl do this for all my fellow habs fans, and habs players who desperately need a shakeup to get things going.

I suspect.

Dandenault, Ribiero, Locke

for

Arnason and Aucoin.

So Montreal picks up 5.2 mil and loses approximately 3mil of salary.

Brings the cap number up to around 36 mil.

Edited by smon

I suspect.

Dandenault, Ribiero, Locke

for

Arnason and Aucoin.

So Montreal picks up 5.2 mil and loses approximately 3mil of salary.

Brings the cap number up to around 36 mil.

I think that's a great deal for the Habs, Losing dandy who hasn't done much, Although Aucoin is much more expensive I think he can bring a lot to the table in the hopes he can turn things around. We would be losing speed on the back end though, which has helped defensively in transition at times.

Getting rid of Ribeiro is great, let alone getting Arnason back, I would take any of the three, Arnason / bell / Calder, Bell would be my first choice but all are great and we give up Locke who probably would never make the Nhl with the habs anyways.

Might be TOO GOOD A trade by i'll take it, i'll even upgrade Locke to a Zhogs / Kosty for Bell who is still very young and has the potential to be a power forward.

Crossing my Fingers

I would definitely say a much better prospect for Bell. I just really doubt that he would be moved.

Arnason seems more likely, like Ribs he has really struggled with the Hawks and would benefit from a change of scenery.

2005-06 Chicago NHL 43 10 21 31 -1 30 116 8.62

2003-04 Chicago NHL 82 22 33 55 -13 16 222 9.91

2002-03 Chicago NHL 82 19 20 39 +7 20 178 10.67

2001-02 Chicago NHL 21 3 1 4 -3 4 19 15.79

I like his career numbers, think he could do well playing with Ryder. He is definitely not the playmaker Ribs can be. But Arnason plays a more solid two way game and has scored fairly often. The knock on him in Chicago, which got Brent Sutter to choke him.. is that he hasnt been very consistent. And they wanted him to be more aggressive and toss out some hits.

The thing with Aucoin is the commitment (length of his contract), which is why he hasn't been moved by now. I've got a hunch that a deal with Chicago might have Locke included because of their desperation for scoring. And we all know that Locke has put up the numbers.

dandenault has been terrible in yesterday's game...but i,d keep him...we need players who have won the cup...so far we don,t have much of them

kovi, dandy...who else ??

Something is about to happen and many expect that the trade partner is the Hawks or the Avs, but what if it the Bolts?

As far as I remember there where talk about Brad Richards coming to Montreal in the offseason. Am I right?

If Tampa are trying to free up som cap then maybe he is available? And he is in some way similar to Ribeiro in his play except he is better. Could this be the deal that La Presse writes about?

Ribeiro, a defenceman and a "young veteran"?

Brad Richards in return? Hey, they could even throw in Daryl Sydor if the want's to dump salary and we could give them Bonk now when Andreychuck has called it quits.

I would prefer:

Bell, Aucoin and a draft pick (3rd or 4th round) for Ribs, Souray and Zed.

This trade would be good for $, not much difference between the 2.

Aucoin is a Souray type of D but better....big, good shot, not the fastest on skates, can play physical....

Zed and Bell are both 30 goal scorers.

Ribs his a throw in to compensate for Bell and Aucoin being a little better then Zed and Souray.

Something is about to happen and many expect that the trade partner is the Hawks or the Avs, but what if it the Bolts?

As far as I remember there where talk about Brad Richards coming to Montreal in the offseason. Am I right?

If Tampa are trying to free up som cap then maybe he is available? And he is in some way similar to Ribeiro in his play except he is better. Could this be the deal that La Presse writes about?

Ribeiro, a defenceman and a "young veteran"?

Brad Richards in return? Hey, they could even throw in Daryl Sydor if the want's to dump salary and we could give them Bonk now when Andreychuck has called it quits.

Not going to happen in a million years. Richards is in no way a similar type of player then Ribeiro. Richards has a good shot, not Ribs, Richards his good defensively, not Ribs, Richards his good at faceoffs, not Ribs, Richards plays with heart and emotion, not Ribs....I could go on for days...

Bonk makes 2.4M$, if they want to dump salary, why would they get Bonk? Also, they're weak in D, so why would they give away Sydor? Also, they want a goalie, if Richrads his traded, it will be for a goalie. There are rumors that they're after Manny Fernandez or Biron...good not too expensive goalies.

I think its more wishfull thinking on your part then anything else....

Ok I enjoy all of these rumours.

Aucoin would be awesome Gainey tried to sign him in the off-season correct?

But I don’t think Arnson or Bell will come to Montreal the Habs don’t need another Lefty at centre ice. And Calder is another undersized forward; If Gainey receives these guys we better get rid of some of our similar players. I know ribs is a left centre but when Plex comes back he will be out of a spot anyways.

Ok I enjoy all of these rumours.

Aucoin would be awesome Gainey tried to sign him in the off-season correct?

But I don’t think Arnson or Bell will come to Montreal the Habs don’t need another Lefty at centre ice. And Calder is another undersized forward; If Gainey receives these guys we better get rid of some of our similar players. I know ribs is a left centre but when Plex comes back he will be out of a spot anyways.

Bell usually plays LW more than C, which is somethign we need on the top two lines as well he's big at 6'4" 210 and is regarded as a power forward type. He's the guy i want along with Aucoin.