Game #21 - November 25, 2022 - Canadiens vs Blackhawks

GHT120

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

You still want to put players in roles where they have a chance at succeeding.  If a spot on the fourth line opens up, they'll want to give Harvey-Pinard a look to see if he's ready for more regular duty.  They might want to try Condotta there as he's a pretty basic player that plays heavy and can kill penalties.  They might want to try Richard there too - that's the one I could see happening. 

But if they call someone up who doesn't kill penalties and ask them to kill penalties, it's a confidence-crusher which doesn't do anyone any good.  Realistically, there could be some changes on the fourth line eventually as the Habs might have to take some players back in trades to match money (like Tyler Pitlick last year) that could change the look of it over the next few months.

I bet you are right, I am grasping at straws here… just trying to understand the evolution the team may take as it becomes a contending team.

thanks for always being mindful in your comments