Markov Injured

JMMR

Markov is TOO important Lets CLONE him already!!

by the way love the pic in Canadiens.com page

4724_3.jpg

Sincronized players NOw THATS EFFORT!!!

:ghg:

That's a beauty of a pic Corvina. Looks like Kordic, McPhee and Skrudland in the background.

JP Cote's been called up. I take this to be a sign that Markov will be out for a couple of days at least.

Edited by zumpano21

That really is unfortunate.

But this is now an opportunity for K REX to get back in the line-up and prove himself to Gainey and Carbo. I hope that he takes full advantage of this chance, although I assume it will be a minimal one with limited ice time unless Montreal can gain a hefty and early lead which is doubtful against Calgary which is a team who has allowed the 3rd least goals in the western conference.

As long as Markov is back for Saturday, I'm happy. We NEED to whoop the 'Nucks or I'll never hear the end of it...

That really is unfortunate.

But this is now an opportunity for K REX to get back in the line-up and prove himself to Gainey and Carbo. I hope that he takes full advantage of this chance, although I assume it will be a minimal one with limited ice time unless Montreal can gain a hefty and early lead which is doubtful against Calgary which is a team who has allowed the 3rd least goals in the western conference.

Remember the Sharks and Stars? Two teams who were playing well defensively and had hot goalies. We all know what the outcome there was. :D

:ghg:

Markov has apparently suffered a torn rotator cuff.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060118...GUES02/60118040

I wasn't able to see a time frame in the article, but saw somewhere else 3 weeks. That seems awfully optimistic b/c that seems like a much more serious injury.

If anyone knows more on the time frame I would like to hear it. I'm hoping for the best, and that it truly is 3 weeks.

We're going to have to see KRex step it up huge now and I wouldn't be surprised to see BG bring in another Vet to help out.

I've had a torn rotator cuff. Three weeks sounds close. He'll still be playin in pain after that, though. My pain lasted about a year, but I was able to, for instance, throw a ball after about six week - I just couldn't put much on it.

Now, I'm not too bright and didn't go to a doc until about 4 months after the injury, at which point he said what it was and how much longer I should expect to be hurting for, but meh. Let's all be pleased that Markov has a little more sense than me. :D

Canadiens RW Richard Zednik, who has a bruised thumb, skated with LW Tomas Plekanec, who is recovering from a knee injury. Both players will be on the charter flight this morning as the Canadiens prepare to open a six-game road trip Thursday night in Calgary. D Andrei Markov's immediate future is less certain. He suffered a shoulder injury Monday night and is awaiting results of an MRI. - Montreal Gazette

Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov shoulder's injury that he suffered on Monday is a torn rotator cuff. He will miss a minimum of three-weeks. - TSN

So the earlier report of three weeks looks correct. Although I assume it will be longer. I assume this will put his future with Russia and the Olympics in doubt.

Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov shoulder's injury that he suffered on Monday is a torn rotator cuff. He will miss a minimum of three-weeks. - TSN

So the earlier report of three weeks looks correct. Although I assume it will be longer. I assume this will put his future with Russia and the Olympics in doubt.

with what happened to Palffy and his shoulder .. man I hope Marky markov heals up correctly!!!