Habs Interested In Richards, Kubina?

habsfan88

What you don't get is that, if TBay ever trade Richards, it's for Cap reasons. so why would they even consider trading for Theo??? Richards will surely earn less than Theo.

Richards will be asking for close to the max next year.....still don't think we'll get him.

Although I don't think neither of Richards and Kubina will come here, they're exactly what we need....it would be awesome.

No problem involving Theo is this deal....

Richards almost as to go or they will have weaknesses to prevent them from being a winner. They invested a lot of money for a long time in Lecavalier and St-Louis, they are already close to the cap and they need help in net and at D. Next year, if they put everything into Richards, they will lose Kubina which they can't afford (weak at D) and won't be able to get a good goalie. As much as it hurts them, I think that they are better trading him and upgrading D and goalie. Koivu would be perfect for them. Good 2nd line center cheaper then Richards.

Ain't going to hapen but I can't help but dream of a Theo, Koivu, Souray and cash(paying part of contract this year) for Richards, Kubina and Grahame deal....drop Grahame this summer (trade for whatever or don't sign, contract is up after this year). Sign a good UFA goalie (ex: Fernandez) and we are almost set.

If only I wasn't dreaming :blush:

i know your dreaming but it looks to me like youre having a nightmare... trade for Richards and Kubina then Drop Grahame for nothing... and how do we get fernandez trade ryder plekanek and Perez? Ahhh let me wake up please!!!!

Eklund strikes again with a big E3

The habs and lighting in serious discussions about a deal that would exchange RIchards and Theo amont others.

He claims that some major lighting players are pressuring management to bring tHEO down there.

If i'm BG i'm all over that deal. I'll risk it for the rest of the season (or try and make another deal for a goalie) and if need be sign one in the offseason (a la manny fernandez).

Richards is a special player, much more than tHEO and in my opinion more valuable than a starting goalie. If i'm BG i'm pushing hard for this.

i know your dreaming but it looks to me like youre having a nightmare... trade for Richards and Kubina then Drop Grahame for nothing... and how do we get fernandez trade ryder plekanek and Perez? Ahhh let me wake up please!!!!

Picking up Grahame is only to unload salary from Tampa to make the deal fit. We drop him this summer and Fernandez is a UFA, where's the problem?????

Ain't going to hapen but I can't help but dream of a Theo, Koivu, Souray and cash(paying part of contract this year) for Richards, Kubina and Grahame deal....drop Grahame this summer (trade for whatever or don't sign, contract is up after this year). Sign a good UFA goalie (ex: Fernandez) and we are almost set.

If only I wasn't dreaming :blush:

I dont believe you can send cash in the new CBA

Eklund strikes again with a big E3

The habs and lighting in serious discussions about a deal that would exchange RIchards and Theo amont others.

He claims that some major lighting players are pressuring management to bring tHEO down there.

If i'm BG i'm all over that deal. I'll risk it for the rest of the season (or try and make another deal for a goalie) and if need be sign one in the offseason (a la manny fernandez).

Richards is a special player, much more than tHEO and in my opinion more valuable than a starting goalie. If i'm BG i'm pushing hard for this.

Man that would be sweat...Richards is the #1 center we need to replace Koivu. Our #1 line and PP would be much improved.

I dont believe you can send cash in the new CBA

You can pay part of a traded players salary (same as cash), which is why I wrote to pay part of some contracts this year, but only this year. That way it evens out the deal salary wise for this year and we are free next year.

I know, I know, Eklund is crap but still makes me wonder. After the game Yesterday, Bob could want to move him, it can't be worst with Huet as a 1st goalie right now. Here is the rumor :

MONTREAL WANTS RICHARDS (e3) 01/31/2006 @ 05:10 PM

Just Off the Phone....The Canadiens are heavy discussions with the Lightning and have attempted to get Jose Theodore and more for Brad Richards...Talks are going on and we will discuss more as the night progresses....The Rumor is that certain key Lightning players are pushing hard to get Jose down there. Stay tuned.

Link

I, for one think that a package of Kubina & Richards for Theodore and Ribeiro / Zednik / Whoever would be a big plus for MTL. They can always try to find another veteran netminder later on. It can't be worst than Theo right now. As for Theo Value, I don't think it,s that bad, most GMs know that he just needs a change of scenery.