Czech Team News

tommy9

I heard about Prucha but I didn't know that Elias is replacing him. This actually makes the Czech team stronger (although Prucha is a great player).

Prucha is one of my favourite players this year in the NHL he has a nose for the net and is not afraid to go to the danger zones to score especially when Jagr is ripping high heat near your head on the pp every single night. Turner Stevenson is the player who injure him with a hard hit along the boards not a dirty hit just awkward.

May hurt chemistry but Elias is a great goalscorer.

Canada, Sweden and Czech Republic.

Or have I negilced the Russians?

... yes, you have a little right there. 2 or 3 players in our sguad aren't a big friends with him, but everybody

appreciated his hockey skills. ELI is a perfect winger for a 5 on 5 hockey. All from us know his amazing back-passes at close quarters of a goalie. Or his 2 on 1 breakaways. He will be a great member of our team. I'm sure! :)

... and what about Torino-prediction - don't forget US-guys and Slovaks! Americans can be strong when their defense will guard a smart european forwards well. Why not a semifinal round for this team? ;)

And Slovakians may surprised too. In quarterfinal at least. Hossa,Satan (-he in PP) and Gaborik are in good form now. Maybe a tournament full of "Lake Placid's miracles" :P:D

... and sorry to everyone for my very, very, very limited English :mellow:

Edited by tommy9

... yes, you have a little right there. 2 or 3 players in our sguad aren't a big friends with him, but everybody

appreciated his hockey skills. ELI is a perfect winger for a 5 on 5 hockey. All from us know his amazing back-passes at close quarters of a goalie. Or his 2 on 1 breakaways. He will be a great member of our team. I'm sure! :)

... and what about Torino-prediction - don't forget US-guys and Slovaks! Americans can be strong when their defense will guard a smart european forwards well. Why not a semifinal round for this team? ;)

And Slovakians may surprised too. In quarterfinal at least. Hossa,Satan (-he in PP) and Gaborik are in good form now. Maybe a tournament full of "Lake Placid's miracles" :P:D

... and sorry to everyone for my very, very, very limited English :mellow:

patrick elias is one heckuva player

Slovakia is loaded but they're limited in goal. With a true top goalie, they have a gold-medal contending team.

I'm saying Canada, Russia, Czech Republic with Sweden losing to the Czechs in the bronze medal game. Sweden is great but they usually choke and I can't see themn finishing ahead of any of those other 3 teams. Russiais awesome.

You think the Slovakians are thing in the goaltending department but Russia is awesome?

Canada is the favourite. Then I have Sweden and Czech Republic. But Sweden has been so close a few times that can almost feel it that it's their turn. With red-hot Lundkvist in net Team Sweden will be facing Czech Republic with a goaltender just as skilled as their.

You think the Slovakians are thing in the goaltending department but Russia is awesome?

Evgeni Nabokov, Ilya Bryzgalov orrr....Jan Lasak, Peter Budaj.

There really isn't much of a comparison, Russia wins hands down. If Khabby was there, even moreso. Bless Budaj, I love the guy but I don't know if he can lead a team to a gold medal when you've got teams like Canada, Czech Republic and Finland lurking (Finland is my dark horse)

I say Canada over Czech Republic in the Gold Medal game and I'll go out on a limb and say Finland over Slovakia in the bronze medal game.

Russia has the most skilled team out there. Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Frolov, Datsyuk, Afinegenov... They are one of the harder-hitting teams out there. They have offensive D, defensive D, solid goaltending. This is a great team. Their weakness could be goaltending and possibly their notorious work ethic. In terms of skill, these guys are #1 though.

... some news from backstage of our CZ team:

Place: ............. Olympic village

Building: ......... Czech Olympic House

Room #203: ... Jaromir Jagr (alone now), Prucha should be there, but you know ... :(

Room #205: ... Jaroslav Spacek (alone there too, due to his "snoring" :D )

Room #207: ... Marek Malík (he's a last one with singlebed room. He is too big to share bedroom with somebody else! - his own words :D:D )

Room #312: ... Dom Hasek & Patrik Elias

Room #313: ... Kab's Brothers

Room #315: ... Vinnie Prospal & Robert Lang

Room #316: ... Marty Erat & Marek Zidlicky

Room #318: ... Al Hemsky & Rusty Olesz

Room #319: ... Milan Hejduk & Jan Bulis

Room #321: ... Marty Rucinsky & Martin Straka

... thats all for now. Other gossip will follow ... :)

Wow, Duke has an awesome roommate. =D

He sure does! :D They played together with Pardubice during the lockout. The Czech team has a lot of chemistry on it from the Rangers, the Kaberle brothers, Hejduk/Bulis, Erat/Zidlicky, Jagr/Lang/Bulis, Frantisek Kaberle/Malik. Finland also has chemistry and they play with heart so like Dutch_Habs_Fan said, they will surprise some teams. The thing is that this is the most talented tournament I have ever seen and I can't see Finland passing any of the top 4 teams. They seem to be Slovakia's match. I'd like to see if they can pull off any upsets (possibly Sweden) like usual.

I still love it how Finland is underestimated. We will see :D

Hey hey, I have Finland medaling. >_>

Canada is Canada and the Czechs have chemistry coming out the wazoo already. Russian teams never seem to gel properly, the American roster is lackluster and Sweden doesn't impress me. Any word if Forsberg has pulled out yet? I know his groin is still bothering him. Finland still has a tight group and Slovakia is, in my opinion, the most underrated team of the tourney. Budaj is a solid goaltender and hes got one hell of a lineup in front of him to work with.

When it comes to international hockey the opinion from North Americans and Europeans becomes clear.

Finland dark horse?

Sweden doesn't impress?

Peter Budaj? Lan Lasak is the man!

Hi everyone, Torino calling! :)

... three most important players arrived!

Kaba%20Hasa.jpg

Jagr-11.jpg

and some news from our crew cab -> this is Czech mascot for upcoming tournament .... Pink-pig.jpg

... pink pig named Karel (Charles) :D.

Nobody knows why this name, but maybe Charles Bronson and his Death Wishes endless story was the reason! ;) Like in his movie - "working hard" till sweet golden end! :angry2::ph34r::rolleyes::D

... Dominator be going to be a first goalie in our Team.

For the match against Germany on Wednesday at least :)!

For the Switzerland game will be Tomas Vokoun between the pipes.

Final decision will come after this duel.

hasek06.jpg

... and three members of our 1st PP-line :).

Kaba%20Jagr%20Kubina.jpg ... Kabby,Jagi & Kubi :P

... and last news : Captain of Czech Team in Torino will be Detroit's center Robert Lang.