Gambling Scandal Erupts

smon

dude, pete rose wrote a book where he confessed that he did bet on baseball

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/features.../rose_1-07.html

Yes I know I should have been more concise, Pete Rose never bet on games he had any control over. And if he did he always bet on himself I would imagine look at his career stats they do not lie he worked hard every game I wish all the Canadiens bet on themselves to win.

Hey Kozed: where did you get this info? :?-

CHOI-FM, who gets it from local US radio stations, so they're just middle-men but they're usually reliable. They were one of the firsts to mention that Roenick was part of the involved players.

CHOI-FM, who gets it from local US radio stations, so they're just middle-men but they're usually reliable. They were one of the firsts to mention that Roenick was part of the involved players.

Thanks. When I posted the question I couldn't find anything on the Net. TSN now has similar info on their website, but as Simonous would no doubt say it is hearsay.

I can only hope that Gretzky is not involved. It would be a national embarassment for him to revealed as a lying **&@@!

LOL

Everyone predicted playoffs for Pittsburgh. After all they brought in some great veterans and assembled a great group of leaders like Lemieux, Palffy, Recchi and Leclair. In one month, we've watched them drop like flies. If I were Gonchar I'd retire right now because his job is cursed.

By the way: I have a horrible feeling that one of the players involved is Sean Avery and that the movie star is Elisha Cuthbert. :(

Thanks. When I posted the question I couldn't find anything on the Net. TSN now has similar info on their website, but as Simonous would no doubt say it is hearsay.

I can only hope that Gretzky is not involved. It would be a national embarassment for him to revealed as a lying **&@@!

i haven't taken evidence yet. B)

If there are wiretaps that prove Gretz knew about it, then that might be enough to get him barred from coaching. Can't very well have someone who likes to put action on games be the guy deciding who gets the start in goal and who plays/who sits. Sure, maybe he hasn't bet on hockey...YET...but can they take the chance that he won't?