Is Theo Tradeable?

Le démon brun

I'm not sure we should trade Theodore at this point in the season. The team already has paid most of his salary and cap number for this season.

Taking his current struggles into account we will get next to nothing for him in any trade with any team. I think we should hold on to him at least until the end of the season. I don't see any rush in trading him for next to nothing. Huet is playing better than almost every other goaltender in the league right now, so we certainly don't have goaltending problems. The team, in turn, is rallying for a playoff spot around Huet's exploits.

Watch for the Canadiens to play Jose strictly on the road in some of their final 25 or so games to see if he can find his form in an environment with slightly less stress than Montreal. If he finds some or all of his former self during this time Gainey can make an informed off season decision on his status with the team.

I agree that when he does begin to play, it will be on the road trip, but you can't hold him out of home games completely if he does find his game again. At some point, he's got to face the home crowd again, especially if Gainey plans to keep him beyond this season. He'll really have to revert back to his Vezina/Hart year to avoid being shelled by the faithful, but I think - and hope - that if it happens, they'll leave him alone.

Hells yeah!

I've been seeing a lot of positive posts about Theodore and I love it. I just understand how some people are saying Theodore has no skill?

Question his play so far this year, but don't question a Hart and Vezina winner skill level.

The potential reasons for Theo's slump are numerious: change in equipment, poor defence in front of him, change in the ice dimension, loss of confidence, 'then new NHL'.

I'm glad we have a great backup in Huet, but lets remember he's not a number #1 goalie, he's played great this season, Theo is proven to carry a team on his back, and he will once again if the ungrateful fans in Montreal (see: boobirds) would support him instead of boo and jeer. What do they think they're accomplishing by booing? Do they think booing is gonna make the habs and Theo play better?

I think we need another BG tirade against the fans in support of Theo, and I'm glad for the support he's getting from Brodeur, too bad none of this has come from the Habs' players.

Bring on the positives!

Bar

it's not much of a lack of talent. it's more a need a of a change of scenery.

josé has become a source of distraction for the team.

his leaving would have positive effects on the whole team who would be able to focus on their job

anways, we could always pick a UFA goalie this summer

Edited by marky_and_komi

Ok, it's not that he has no skills, I remember the amazing saves he did night in night out for those 2 seasons, he was very skilled, but maybe he doesn't have the skill level to compete in the new NHL. I don't know if you guys talked about this, but many goaltender coachs have said that théo plays in reaction to shots, and that his technique is very poor. Now if they say his technique is poor, they have no reason to lie about that. And I agree, it's obvious, at least this season. And that thing about playing a reaction game, that also makes sense, since the nhl is now faster, maybe that split second he lost makes all the difference. Furthermore, he has lost his confidence, and he won't get it back here IMO, he doesn't seem to be a mentaly strong person, and Montréal is the hardest place to find confidence back. But I hope he does find his confidence back. I think, the only way he will find it back is by playing somewhere else.

Edited by Le démon brun

Question is.. if ur BG, who do u start for 1st game after da olympic break? I hope they keep Huet between da pipes myself, play him untill he loses n then give theo another try... if theo lets in another 5 goals.. i'd personaly attack his knee a la tonya harding to be able to send him to hamilton 4 a conditioning stint :P