Game Thread | Montreal Canadiens V. Toronto Maple Leafs | 03/07/06

simonus

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The refs hand the game over again. I refuse to go to my school tommorow. It will be hell.

Any leaf fan who can take pride in that sorry excuse of a hockey game should be ashamed of themselves.

Wierd... It says 453 replies and 23 pages.

Any leaf fan who can take pride in that sorry excuse of a hockey game should be ashamed of themselves.

Dark...Thats what I say but mannnnn they take pride in everything.. My school is hell for this stuff.

When souray got dangled by Spezza, Chara and Bergeron well, I still am hearing about that. I still hear about Ribeiros act in the playoffs. It is sooo bad. I only have 1 friend who is a Habs fan!!

GGGGGOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Have you ever met a Laffs fan?

Just gotta say, I HATE losing to the Leafs, but I pride myself on being a good sport, and I wish that ONCE I could say that it was a well-deserved win, and not have to implicate the refs whatsoever.

Just gotta say, I HATE losing to the Leafs, but I pride myself on being a good sport, and I wish that ONCE I could say that it was a well-deserved win, and not have to implicate the refs whatsoever.

THATS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL. You just wish you can say "You know what? I am not happy about that game yadda yadda yadda but the Leafs straight up played a better game and deserved the win, it was exciting" something along those lines..

Can't do it.

ANOTHER QUICK COOL STAT : 12 Penalties for Montreal vs. 6 for the Leafs 34 shots for Toronto 32 for Montreal.

Edited by habsfan88

wow! the islanders beat the devils... still hope for the 6th place

Yes, unfortunately I have. They have got to be the stupidest sports fans in the whole wide world. And I know precisely what you mean. I know a couple of Boston fans and of course we bug each other, but at least we can admit that one team played better than the other.

What a horrible game. I can't believe the amount of penalties callled against the habs. They did look tired out there and it showed but way to many penalties being called. Im sorry but you don't call a penalty when the team is already down two players. Only make the call unless it's really serious.

The refs have might as well been wearing maple leaf jerseys and chanting "go leafs go" through out the game.

Need a win against Boston on thursday in order to stay ahead.

If me and Darren Warren/ Craig Spada meet on the streets (Yonge street or wherever the hell losers stay in Toronto) I'm going to gauge their eyes out.

If me and Darren Warren/ Craig Spada meet on the streets (Yonge street or wherever the hell losers stay in Toronto) I'm going to gauge their eyes out.

ONLY gouge their eyes out? I can think of more creative and colourful things I'd like to do...

I know a couple of Boston fans and of course we bug each other, but at least we can admit that one team played better than the other.

Exactly! My Philly buddy gave me a hard time today, but I didn't have a problem conceding that Philly played a good game! And that the refereeing was fine!

Yes, unfortunately I have. They have got to be the stupidest sports fans in the whole wide world. And I know precisely what you mean. I know a couple of Boston fans and of course we bug each other, but at least we can admit that one team played better than the other.

I've got friends that are Red Wings fans and they aren't nearly as bad as leaf fans. Even though Montreal doesnt play Detroit that much but, they still aren't cocky when they do play them. I mean when Toronto wins one game, for instance tonight, now all the sport stations will say how good a team Toronto is and how they can be cup contenders.

By living in Windsor I get alot of Detroit media but they are not even that bad, and Detroit is one of the best teams in the league.

Just sent this to TSN's Your Call:

"The Officials in this game were AWFUL!!! Everytime the Habs play the Leafs, they get a lot more penalties than usual. Coincidence?

Seven penalties in a row? That's ridiculous! My problem isn't so much that the Habs were nailed for EVERYTHING but the Leafs were nailed for hardly nothing. Where was the call on McCabe cross-checking Higgins into Belfour's skate? Oh that's not a call but of course Koivu cross-checking what's his name rookie is.

This line in the article is Hilarious: "It was even-up time for Warren and Spada now. Aki Berg was assessed a ridiculously cheap interference penalty." Hahahah Wow! Poor Leafs! Excuse me while I dig out the violin.

Gainey: Give Huet a rest! He should have sat either tonight or last night. He shouldn't be playing every game on this crazy road trip.

Tough night boys. It's us against the world whenever we play Toronto. Ah well, they're still missing the playoffs!"

I've got friends that are Red Wings fans and they aren't nearly as bad as leaf fans. Even though Montreal doesnt play Detroit that much but, they still aren't cocky when they do play them. I mean when Toronto wins one game, for instance tonight, now all the sport stations will say how good a team Toronto is and how they can be cup contenders.

By living in Windsor I get alot of Detroit media but they are not even that bad, and Detroit is one of the best teams in the league.

In my experience, Toronto and Vancouver fans are the worst. They think that they're the best in the league and then make up excuses for when their teams lose. I remember back when Vancouver was going to play Ottawa, the media was going on about how this was a preview of the Stanley Cup finals.

Well this was one disgusting game.

Huet looked bad on 3 or 4 of the goal's he is tired, I hope that the short stay in Montreal will help him recharge his batteries. The game Thursday against the Bruins is now a huge one I know 7 points is a pretty good lead on the Bruins but if they should loose 5 points is nothing with 20 games left.

The Canadiens were only out shot by one shot even know the Leafs enjoyed 6 more power plays than the Canadiens.

I hope that this loss does not depress the boys because they need to clear that joke of a game from their minds and get juiced up for the Bruins Thursday.

Well I hope Gainey is ready to sit Huet after 10 goals in 2 games. I think the guy might be a bit tired Bob....HELLO....give Danis a start, he played pretty well at the beginning of the year if you remember.

Okay, I'm off to bed. It will be an extremely looonnngggg day at school tommorow.

Wish me luck HW!

Good LUCK! may the Force be with you!