Simpson....my New Favorite Hab

HABZRULE

Looks like he's more than willing to come to his players defense. Good to see a physical presence on the ice again( and boy, it's beena while). Looked pretty darn solid on the PK too! Very impressed to say the least!

He definitely gained a few points last night, maybe enough that Gainey will think about dressing 7 defensemen if we make the playoffs. Not only can he do what Downey is supposed to, but it would also allow Gainey to rest his other defensemen as well; a guy like Bouillon won't last long in the playoffs if he has to play intensively for 20-25 minutes every game.

Looks like he's more than willing to come to his players defense. Good to see a physical presence on the ice again( and boy, it's beena while). Looked pretty darn solid on the PK too! Very impressed to say the least!

'' No one should try giving an open-ice hit on one of my teamates while I am on the ice

and expect to get away with it ''.

'' I will drop the gloves whether it will be for Saku or Garth Murray,...no differences ''

These lines are fictional post-game comments made by non-fictional Tod Simpson of

the Montreal Canadiens.

Just trying to prolong the plaisure HABZRULE most have experience last night while watching the

latest Habs aquisition at work.

Well I have to say I thought Simpson looked good against Washington but he was dreadful tonight against the Islanders. He did stand up for his teammates but he made a number of bad giveaways. Streit on the other hand looked very good tonight. He was good defensively and showed a lot of offensive creativity.

hey he's adjusted darn well to the Habs play! go ToDD

which brings me to the next question... Do we need more grit for saturdays game... even if it aint so its do or die for both teams and specialy for the Laughs... should we bring in Downey as well?

which brings me to the next question... Do we need more grit for saturdays game... even if it aint so its do or die for both teams and specialy for the Laughs... should we bring in Downey as well?

Were's Gino Odjick when you need him?! :P

Heck, we doesn't really have a great goon in the system: Murray plays with intense but isn't a great fighter at all. Downey - hmm, for what did we brought him in? Simpson - we still haven't seen him in a big fight. That would leave us with Souray, Rivet and maybe Komisaurus. But we need those guys on the ice and not in the sin bin. I really miss Darren Langdon, he was a great fighter and leader and didn't hurt the team in any situation (though he only played a couple of shifts a game :P) ...

The habs do not need more toughness. I really enjoyed the fact that the Habs had 7 defenseman and could allow Kovy or Zhog an extra shift on the fourth line. That is how the habs in the 70's did things they would let Lafleur play on the first as well as the 4th line back then you could only dress 17 players though I believe.

The habs do not need more toughness. I really enjoyed the fact that the Habs had 7 defenseman and could allow Kovy or Zhog an extra shift on the fourth line. That is how the habs in the 70's did things they would let Lafleur play on the first as well as the 4th line back then you could only dress 17 players though I believe.

Yes, me may not need more toughness but it's already a long time that someone fought Tucker or Domi, etc. The Rivet - Marchment fight was awesome last season and I'd like to see it again ... something is missing if there isn't a big fight in a season (especially against the Laffs and Beaners).

Langdon for e.g. did this with fighting Belak or Domi and I want to see it again. :D

Maybe it's senseless but it also makes a good rivalry. B)