Bruins Fire O'connell

JMMR

i've always doubted the idea of shipping Thornton out of town so quickly was much more than an O'Connell decision - he's just become the scapegoat.

where are the PROFESSIONAL GMs???? you know - just because you once PLAYED hockey, doesn't automatically qualify a person to be a hockey GM!

i hope Boston makes another bad choice - so - maybe they could give Stan Jonathon a chance!

so this means that Bergeron will be staying in Boston for a few more years

It's not Bergeron next on the list, it's Raycroft. If you don't sign before camp, you get dealt. It happened to Thornton, it happened to Samsonov, it'll happen to Raycroft.

What gets me is the reason Sinden gave for the timing. They were gonna make the change during the off-season, but didn't like that Mike was still signing players. So basically he was fired for doing his job. What a guy, that Harry.

I think Raycroft is next. it seems this kind of stuffalways happens to Boston. I think the coach is just part of the Bruins problem. Sinden has always been a nighmare for that team.

I'm still in shock that Thornton was traded. Samsonov I can see, but Thornton? A franchise player that you drafted 1st overall and currently is averaging 1.5 points per game and is second in league scoring!!!!

I realize this guy hasn't been spectacular in the playoffs, but its not exactly like Boston has had strong teams over the years, even though they finished relatively high in the standings. Kinda makes you think of Ottawa. CHOKE

But still. I pray Vancouver and Edmonton make the playoffs, but should one of them fall and San Jose make that 8th spot, I look forward to watching Thornton and seeing what he can do with Marleau and Cheechoo as a supporting cast.

Considering that he lost Brian Rolston (75 points this season) and Joe Thornton (potentially this year's best scorer and league MVP), and that all he got to replace them was 2 decent players in Sturm and Stuart, and a grinder, it comes to no surprise that he got fired. The Bruins could have had perhaps the best trio of centers in the NHL with Thornton coming to maturity, Bergeron progressing from a very successful rookie season, and Rolston. Instead, besides Bergeron, Sturm, and Boyes, no one is producing (Murray has the occasional decent game, but he's far from the scoring machine he was playing with Thornton).

Edited by CerebusClone

I really can't believe Bourque stayed there for all the years that he did. Best decision he every made was allowing that deal to Colorado

And that was the last time Boston will see the cup in Boston. its sad that Bourque had to get it from the Aves and bring it here LMAO. Boston has tried to replace Bourque with Gonchar and McLaren but they left.

Boston and Chicago are alot like Toronto was with Harold Ballard. Boston, Chicago and Toronto all do not deserve a cup for a long, long time. And its nice to know that its not in their near future.