Habs Fans Set Leaf Jersey On Fire!

gohabsgo252006

Probably Leaf fans burning it in disgust, got caught and claimed to be habs fans

on a positive note we were giging in Brampton on Sat night. Leaving the hotel Sunday morning my Leaf fan road manager commented on how nice it was out. I said "yeah it is 6-2". Huh? I say,"spring in toronto, leafs are out" Poor guy couldn't look at me for a good 10 minutes. Great canadian moments in sports.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Probably Leaf fans burning it in disgust, got caught and claimed to be habs fans

on a positive note we were giging in Brampton on Sat night. Leaving the hotel Sunday morning my Leaf fan road manager commented on how nice it was out. I said "yeah it is 6-2". Huh? I say,"spring in toronto, leafs are out" Poor guy couldn't look at me for a good 10 minutes. Great canadian moments in sports.

Pure gold!!!

Made my day...

Edited by chief_balthor

Word is it was a bet between the friends, loser had their jersey burned.

I think "loser" should have been established before the match, because the Leafs always have been, and always be, losers

I hope you are right that it was bet between two fans otherwise I agree that this is bs. Montreal always takes the high road we leave this kind of nonsense to leaf fans. I apologise to leafs fans every where if this was indeed an act committed by a montreal fan in anger. If it was a bet between 2 freinds then he should know better the leafs are losers now and forever amen

WTF....seem we all need to grow up a bit. A freakin jersey was burnt,not a country's flag. From what I can see it was a lost bet-if the Leaf fan agreed to the bet the so be it. Why all the fuss. So we burnt a leaf jersey-do you think that this has never happened before? Let's keep our focus on the Habs making the playoffs. There sure seems to be alot of talk about this.Maybe,maybe too much talk....this jersey is not a habs jersey....this is a Leaf jersey(see the U2 added in here for humour) :king:

In Poland, you can't go to a soccer match without risk of being assaulted. Two weeks ago a guy was killed in a fight between quasi-fans after a soccer game. It doesn't happen on hockey simply because there aren't many people on hockey games. But when the game is important and people come - you HAVE to be cautious. Cuz you can be hit just because you're wearing the wrong scarf or "looking like a GKS/Tychy/Sosnowiec fan".

I have always respected Canadian fans for not acting like that. I've always admired captions of Canucks and Flames fans sitting together and drinking beer. It's nice to say: "Damn, I'm just living in a f-d up country - it's not like that all around the world". Burning some other team's jersey is a step in wrong direction.

In my opinion, good support is always GO HABS GO, not LEAFS SUCK. But it's probably my out-of-date thinking.

In Poland, you can't go to a soccer match without risk of being assaulted. Two weeks ago a guy was killed in a fight between quasi-fans after a soccer game. It doesn't happen on hockey simply because there aren't many people on hockey games. But when the game is important and people come - you HAVE to be cautious. Cuz you can be hit just because you're wearing the wrong scarf or "looking like a GKS/Tychy/Sosnowiec fan".

I have always respected Canadian fans for not acting like that. I've always admired captions of Canucks and Flames fans sitting together and drinking beer. It's nice to say: "Damn, I'm just living in a f-d up country - it's not like that all around the world". Burning some other team's jersey is a step in wrong direction.

In my opinion, good support is always GO HABS GO, not LEAFS SUCK. But it's probably my out-of-date thinking.

you sir are 100% correct unlike some neanderthalls on this forum. Violence begets violence. Now if this was just a bet between friends then that is totally different.

Beautifull, couldn't have said it better myself

Well said