Game Thread | Islanders Vs. Canadiens | 03/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yah it sounds like they are really applying some pressure so far. Glad to see that they haven't lost the fire they had in the Toronto series, they're going to need that if we want to have a shot at the playoffs.

Hey,

if you folks could describe the goals, that would be fantastic. I'm in Antigua (West Indies) listening to the game on NHL radio (CJAD) and it'd be nice to know how the pucks find their way in.

Andrew

Welcome to HW twilight. Yeah we're all over the world (I'm in Tokyo) posters with TV generally will make the descriptions but sometimes we have to nudge them a little - nudge.

how did we get 5 mins? Did Komi get a game misconduct as well?

ok heard it from CAJD -- Komi got a two, a five, a ten and a game. That's what you get for murder, isn't it? Did he kill Goddard?

Edited by JeanLucPilon

Welcome to HW twilight. Yeah we're all over the world (I'm in Tokyo) posters with TV generally will make the descriptions but sometimes we have to nudge them a little - nudge.

Komisarek got 2+5+10 (2 for roughing, along with Goddard... 5 for fighting, and a 10 minute misconduct). Good thing Gainey dressed 7 D's tonight...

Great PK'ing by the habs, although the Isles PP was awful. (btw: NJ is up 1-0 on Ottawa, damnit)

I'd help but I'm a radio slave myself.

Huet was out of his crease and Goddard clipped and tripped him on the way by, so Komi went after him. Goddard turtled. It was good to see Gainey lean over the boards to argue with Fraser. It's a rare sight to see emotion from BG. But good on Komi for wasting no time defending his goalie. That, and a great PK, should keep the Habs flying the next 2 periods.

Komisarek got 2+5+10 (2 for roughing, along with Goddard... 5 for fighting, and a 10 minute misconduct).

only one player gets 5 min for fighting, man that's rare -- Komi must have really brutalized the turtling bastard.

I'm not too worried that Komi is gone. It sucks but, "whadda ya gonna do?"

Thank you Gainey. Dressing 7 D has many advantages. Markov, Souray, Rivet, Dandenault, Simpson & Streit should be able to get the job done against the Isles.

The Habs are still angry about last wednesday and want to exact some revenge :hlogo: We aren't done scoring yet! :hlogo:

HOME :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Janssen (in the NJ Ott game) got a 10 misconduct for instigating a fight but not a game misconduct!! what the Fu&@^% Did Komi say something to Fraser?

I'm not too worried that Komi is gone. It sucks but, "whadda ya gonna do?"

Thank you Gainey. Dressing 7 D has many advantages. Markov, Souray, Rivet, Dandenault, Simpson & Streit should be able to get the job done against the Isles.

The Habs are still angry about last wednesday and want to exact some revenge :hlogo: We aren't done scoring yet! :hlogo:

HOME :hlogo:

Rivet and Markov are playing injured watch out!!! Streit and Simpson better play their best hockey tonight they should get an extra couple of shifts if possible lets hope no more Penalties so we dont over work our D ... Im worried!!

I was watching the replay it looks like he even chokes him around the neck a bit before he starts pummeling him in the face

Choke the Bastard!

Its Fraser, what do you expect. He also ignored several blatent hooks by the Islanders right before he called that crap on Komi. Sure, Komi should get the 5, but a game misconduct? Must have made Fraser mess up his hair or something... :)

Okay I'm confused... here is the penalty summary. Did Komi get 1 10 minute misconduct? or 2 of them? Or a game misconduct?

Its listed as 2 10's ... total of 27PIMS (2+5+10+10)

Penalty Summary

1st Period

NY Islanders interference - 2 min 8:31, J. Bouchard

NY Islanders roughing - 2 min 14:47, E. Godard

Montreal instigator - 2 min 14:47, M. Komisarek

Montreal fighting - 5 min 14:47, M. Komisarek

Montreal misconduct - 10 min 14:47, M. Komisarek

Montreal game misconduct - 10 min 14:47, M. Komisarek