Potential Accomplishments

Trizzak

Just some things to watch/hope for in the next 10 games.

With 10 games left:

Ryder currently sits 2 goals from a 30 goal season.

Higgins is 3 goals from a 20 goal campaign.

Plekanec is 2 goals from 10, Perezhogin 1 goal from 10.

Bulis is 3 goals from a 20 goal campaign, and 7 points away from a career high in points (of 41)

Markov is 4 goals from a career high (of 14)

Souray is 3 points from a career high (of 36)

Rivet is 3 goals from a career high (of 9)

Bouillon is 1 goal from a career high (of 4)

Komisarek is 2 points from a career high (of 5)

Koivu needs 8 goals to overtake his career high (of 21)

Some are doubtful, some are possible, some are probable, some just plain won't happen.

Edited by Trizzak

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koivu needs 5 points for a new career high (of 58) but needs 8 goals to overtake his career best 21.

Koivu actually had 71 points in 02-03, so he's not going to set any new career bests this season (unless he goes points crazy in the last 10 games)

And how the hell did Komisarek manage 4 points last season? lol. I only remember him getting one, two at most. Komisarek is probably my favourite player on the team, but man is he offensively cautious (at least he's been taking more chances lately, nice to see him get some confidence)

Interesting to think about, Trizzak.

Just one minor correction: Koivu's best season was 71pts (2002-2003)

Thought of having a 30 goal scorer is nice though. When was the last time we had one of those?

Big correction: sorry, puck7x beat me with the post. Didn't mean to repeat

Edited by ozhab

Whoops. Not sure how I missed Koivu's 71 point season.

I'll edit it out, but leave your posts as is.

I must be shamed.

And how the hell did Komisarek manage 4 points last season? lol. I only remember him getting one, two at most. Komisarek is probably my favourite player on the team, but man is he offensively cautious (at least he's been taking more chances lately, nice to see him get some confidence)

03-04 - 46 games, 4 assists.

05-06 - 63 games, 1 goal, 2 assists

He won't be confused for Bourque or Orr any time soon, that's for sure.

Edited by Trizzak

I must be shamed.

03-04 - 46 games, 4 assists.

05-06 - 63 games, 1 goal, 2 assists

He won't be confused for Bourque or Orr any time soon, that's for sure.

Oh, I knew the stats were correct. I just couldnt beleive it... lol. I'm just saying, how did he manage 4 points when the guy barely took any chances all last season? hehe.

I'd love to see Ryder and Higgins make their respective plateaus. Moreover, I'd like Saku to just score again!!! :P

Interesting to think about, Trizzak.

Just one minor correction: Koivu's best season was 71pts (2002-2003)

Thought of having a 30 goal scorer is nice though. When was the last time we had one of those?

Big correction: sorry, puck7x beat me with the post. Didn't mean to repeat

Zednik was the last 30 goal scorer, in 02-03.

But yeah, its nice to have Ryder around. Looks like he should be a 30 goal man year in and yearout

Oh, I knew the stats were correct. I just couldnt beleive it... lol. I'm just saying, how did he manage 4 points when the guy barely took any chances all last season? hehe.

THe guy is only 24. LEts let him learn the defensive game first. Then worry about the offense. If the guy becomes a shutdown Defensman, pair him with Markov who doesn't have to worry about making a rush up the ice. He'll know Komisarek is back there.

Komisarek will be able to rack up the points on the PP with his booming shot. Well maybe not rack them up, but I'd eventually be happy with 8 or so goals a year and maybe 20-25 assists. I don't expect this guy to be the next Bourque or Coffey

Edited by kaos

It would be great if Souray could get those 3 points. If he puts up a career high while dealing with the off-ice hell he's had this season, it would really show what he could do with a clear frame of mind.

Higgins better win rookie of the month!

higgins may actually win offensive player of the month his 4 assists may hurt him though no one has score more goals than him.

Higgins better win rookie of the month!

higgins may actually win offensive player of the month his 4 assists may hurt him though no one has score more goals than him.

Yeah It hink that'll either go to Jagr or Thornton

With 9 games left:

Higgins is 1 goal from a 20 goal campaign.

Bulis is 3 goals from a 20 goal campaign, and 7 points away from a career high in points (of 41)

Souray is 2 points from a career high (of 36)

Koivu needs 7 goals to overtake his career high (of 21)

Boy I'd really love to see that third line score some. Perez needs one, Plekanec needs 2, they should both want more...

Bouillon is injured, but will he come back with a bang? 1 goal dammit! 1 goal.

Hey, Koivu needs a little less than a goal a game from now on and he'll pass that career high. Will it happen? Probably not. But damn he should try.

Hey, Koivu needs a little less than a goal a game from now on and he'll pass that career high. Will it happen? Probably not. But damn he should try.

I'd rather Koivu go for his career high in points. He would need 17 points in the 9 remaining. Incidentally, that would also allow him to finish with exactly at a point per game ratio. That's very unlikely, but not impossible. It's at least more probable than him scoring 7 goals in those games....

I'd be happy if he finished with 65 points in 72 games though. Considering at had a major slump before the Olympics, it would be quite good. Before that slump, he was producing that point per game...

I'd be happy with 3 or 4 goals from Koivu down the stretch just so we know he can score consistenly.

Anybody notice how much he falls down during a game? Betcha its like 3 or 4 times atleast. And not because he's being checked hard or tripped. He just seems to lose an edge. Its reallyw eird

I'd be happy with 3 or 4 goals from Koivu down the stretch just so we know he can score consistenly.

Anybody notice how much he falls down during a game? Betcha its like 3 or 4 times atleast. And not because he's being checked hard or tripped. He just seems to lose an edge. Its reallyw eird

I've never noticed that. I do see him get tripped, checked or generally knocked down all the time. It amazes me how fast he gets back up. For me, it just stresses the need for a bigger, tougher second line center (or first). Ribs is a complete pansy and Koivu is just small. We badly need that scoring line that can muscle their way into goals on a regular basis.

With 8 Games left....no changes from 9 games left:

Higgins is 1 goal from a 20 goal campaign.

Souray is 2 points from a career high (of 36)

Koivu needs 7 goals to overtake his career high (of 21)

I'd have to add Bulis in there with your list.

He'll need to actually get into a few games in order to score 3 goals.

MMMMM a nice foot taste

Bulis has 2 more goals to go.