Perezhogin Has To Come Out, Kostitsyn In

Canajun

Tough loss tonight boys. We played pretty good actually... had good jump for 5/6 of the game but ran into a hot goalie and some opportunistic Sabres play.

Anyway, it's clear to me that Perezhogin is not doing much of anything out there... he really isn't. He's not very creative and doesn't really make much happen. I'd much rather see Kostitsyn in there taking his place. I was really impressed with the kid the few games he played... he's got some nice skills, he can create scoring opportunities out of nothing. Come on Bob, do it.... Perezhogin is pretty much dead weight right now and it's dragging down that line. We got nothing to lose.

Tough loss tonight boys. We played pretty good actually... had good jump for 5/6 of the game but ran into a hot goalie and some opportunistic Sabres play.

Anyway, it's clear to me that Perezhogin is not doing much of anything out there... he really isn't. He's not very creative and doesn't really make much happen. I'd much rather see Kostitsyn in there taking his place. I was really impressed with the kid the few games he played... he's got some nice skills, he can create scoring opportunities out of nothing. Come on Bob, do it.... Perezhogin is pretty much dead weight right now and it's dragging down that line. We got nothing to lose.

Contrary to your analysis, I thought Perezhogin had one of his best games in a long time. That line with Perezhogin, Plekanek and Zed was probably our best of the night. Perezhogin, drew penalties and created a few scoring chances, that being said, he did look tired or lazy on a couple of shifts as well.

Of course he's struggling - it's his first season with the big kids and he's on a huge learning curve right now. But is it better to have him sitting in the press box watching the game or out on the ice learning what pressure really is? The playoffs are a completely different story regarding pressure, but is there no greater pressure than being in the hunt for a playoff spot with two games to go?

Let him learn about pressure and how to keep himself in shape through the whole season. He's come this far.

Perezhogin has been playing much better in the past 3 or 4 games. It seems both him and Zednik are working hard again. Perezhogin has been dynamite in the offensive zone with his spinnorama's and little deaks.

I'm fairly happy with the way Perezhogin is playing. Its his first year in the NHL and he's going to have his ups and downs. I don't think he's played himself off the team, but if Bob was going to sub Kostitsyn for Perezhogin I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

I think Perezhogin will come around next year and probably score 15 goals. He'd probably score more but I don't believe he'll get the first or second line mintues and PP time he needs to score 20-25 like he's probably capable of.

Perezhogin is alright

I think that with time to adapt Perezhogin will be a very simimlar player to Maxim Afinogenov....They are both smaller, and very quick and shifty. It's taken Afinogenov a few years to really get himself adjusted and adapted and he's having a great season and I think Perezhogin will eventually be a very similar player

I think that with time to adapt Perezhogin will be a very simimlar player to Maxim Afinogenov....They are both smaller, and very quick and shifty. It's taken Afinogenov a few years to really get himself adjusted and adapted and he's having a great season and I think Perezhogin will eventually be a very similar player

I completely agree! and he actualy looks like him too!

Afinogenov is a Helluva player and isnt he a UFA? Hmmmmmmm..... hed be a good pickup if he were to leave the Sabers. Other than that im happy with Zhogs play too, just give him time.

:hlogo:

You guys forget also, how many players does he talk to on and off the ice...i dont think so many because of his english, and iam a little upset that kovalev doesnt talk to him to give him tips and stuff.

Mtl needs to bring in another young russian for next season so perezhogin can talk to more and feel more comfortable with the team. Also its only his second year in north america, how he plays is what you would have to expect...and i know ovechkin is like a god and came straight from europe lol, but big diffrence in talent there.

The only thing I am disappointed in is his complete lack of finish for most of the season. He is supposed to be a goal scorer, something he hasn't done in quite awhile.

However, when you have a third line composed of 2 rookies and changing linemates who are more often being demoted for poor play instead of actually fitting well with the lineup, I don't expect much from them.

However, for what little they've done offensively lately, they haven't been playing badly at defense as well.

You guys forget also, how many players does he talk to on and off the ice...i dont think so many because of his english, and iam a little upset that kovalev doesnt talk to him to give him tips and stuff.

Your a little upset? How would you know whether he gives him tips or not, let alone talk to him.

Ya I'm a little upset too. Alex hasn't called mom lately!!!!!!

Geez, you guys kill me!!!!!!! :P

Perezhogin will score 18 to 20 goals next year

Kostitsyn will score 12 to 15.

They will both probably score more in Montreal adds a top centerman and dumps Koivu to the second line and Ribeiro to the curb.

THats my prediction.