Habs At Wc

diebels

I know that Streit and Aebischer will play for the Swiss, although Streit has had problems with an injury in the last months so he might not be able to play the usual minutes (averaging almost 30 minutes a game).

what other habs have agreed to play for their country at the upcoming world championship?

I know that Streit and Aebischer will play for the Swiss, although Streit has had problems with an injury in the last months so he might not be able to play the usual minutes (averaging almost 30 minutes a game).

what other habs have agreed to play for their country at the upcoming world championship?

Well I'd have to believe that Komisarek and Higgins would represent the US.

Don't see why Bouillon and Rivet wouldn't get a call for Canada...maybe Souray too.

Russia seems to want to go with non NHL'ers, so I would expect Markov, Perezhogin or Kostitsyn to get called.

Saku Koivu has the chance of getting a medal this year if he's healthy. I think the finns are hungry this time and I expect them to get home with a medal.

Russia and Canada are the other two that I expect to go far.

Saku Koivu has the chance of getting a medal this year if he's healthy. I think the finns are hungry this time and I expect them to get home with a medal.

Russia and Canada are the other two that I expect to go far.

Oh, I don't expect Koivu to be playing anytime soon. Still undergoing tests

Komisarek had a helper in todays win against Norway. Dustin Brown got the hattrick.

And it was on the power play... Looking at their roster, Komisarek is pretty much their best defenseman, besides perhaps Ryan Suter.

Edited by CerebusClone

If you're wondering why Markov was not invited it's because the Russian's are making a team of young players to get set for the 2010 Olympics.

If you're wondering why Markov was not invited it's because the Russian's are making a team of young players to get set for the 2010 Olympics.

Yeah, I read that the only NHLer going is Ovechkin.

:hlogo:

so here we go

Switzerland: Aebischer and Streit

Czechs: Bulis and Plekanec

Belarus: Kostitsyn

Russia: Perezhogin

US: Komisarek

Bouillon and Higgins (both US), Kovalev, Zednik all declined

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/203556.html

Kostitsyn wasn't in todays Belarus lineup. Grabovsky was and picked up an assist on the game winning goal. Belarus beat Slovakia 2-1. The first upset of the tournament.

Aebischer stopped 13 of 14 shots to lead the Suisse to victory over Italy. Final score: Suisse-Italy 3-1

... what a nice goal by Pleky few minutes ago in game against Slovenija! He scored after great move in attacking zone and lovely backhand final touch ;). (worth the see in some game summary, when available)

We're in 4-0 lead after 14 minutes of play. Three goals of them was set by another "our" Kladno player Tomas Kaberle :P.

BTW, this match has some funny undertone, because the Slovenian coach Frantisek Vyborny is father of our National team captain David Vyborny who is playing in Columbus.

Pleky-MS-Riga-01.jpg

... he looks a little tired during a check-in at Riga on Friday :rolleyes:

Grabovsky had 2 goals and an assist in defeating Kazachstan 7-1. Kosty had 3 shots on goal. No points.

Streit had 2 helpers in the 4-4 tie with Sweden.

*Pleky had a misconduct yesterday against the finns. checking from behind.

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Does anyone have the statistics of Kastitsyn and Grabovsky from today's game against the Ukraine? The IIHF website says that the final score was 9-1, but only shows a boxscore of up to the second period, excluding the five Belarussian goals scored in the third period. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Nevermind, the scores are now posted. Kastitsyn got three assists while Grabovsky picked up three goals and one assist.

Edited by dark_faerie87

Does anyone have the statistics of Kastitsyn and Grabovsky from today's game against the Ukraine? The IIHF website says that the final score was 9-1, but only shows a boxscore of up to the second period, excluding the five Belarussian goals scored in the third period. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Nevermind, the scores are now posted. Kastitsyn got three assists while Grabovsky picked up three goals and one assist.

ahhhhh................ one can only wish to see Kostitsyn and Grabovsky putting up nice numbers in the NHL soon. :rolleyes:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

To check out live scores, go to the official www.IHWC.net site.

now that the london knights are out, i wonder if Sarhei Kostitsyn will be going to play for Belarus in their remaining games (if they have any remaining games).

now that the london knights are out, i wonder if Sarhei Kostitsyn will be going to play for Belarus in their remaining games (if they have any remaining games).

They've a good chance to reach the quarter finals (for e.g. if Slovakia loses to Sweden tonight), so maybe we'll see the younger brother in this tourney too.

BTW. Grabovsky is second in scoring, only behind Crosby.

To check out live scores, go to the official www.IHWC.net site.

Yeah, that's what I was doing, but for some reason the third period scores weren't posted until almost an hour after the game was over.

By the way, nice to see Plekanec score another goal, even though it's at Canada's expense! :D

The CanadiAns arent looking too awfully good today are they?

F@#$ING TSN!!!! They're calling Team Canada the Leafs!!!! :angry::angry:

The CanadiAns arent looking too awfully good today are they?

F@#$ING TSN!!!! They're calling Team Canada the Leafs!!!! :angry::angry:

Someone else did that too, I can't remember if it was NHL.com or the IIHF website, but they called Canada the "red-sweatered Maple Leafs." I was not amused...