Luongo Wrapped Up?

beliveau1

Luongo Locked Up

TSN is reporting that Luongo is about to sign a 4 year deal in Vancouver?

They are now reporting a news conference for later this afternoon to confirm that this is now a done deal......

Edited by beliveau1

Hmm, that's a lot, but he's supposed to be the best goalie in the league... *shrug*.

I hope Vancouver can find a new home for Cloutier.

The 2010 Olympics are in Vancouver, and I find it interesting that Luongo is now a member of that team until then. Not only will he be Vancouver's starter, but he's got a shot at starting for Team Canada as well in the same city.

Of course, I'm sure Brodeur will have something to say about that. Or maybe Cam Ward if he can continue his play and not become a 1-hit-wonder.

Hmm, that's a lot, but he's supposed to be the best goalie in the league... *shrug*.

ive probably ranted about this before, but i dont think luongo has proven himself and now he is gonna be one of the if not the highest paid goalies in the league... so much for the first line! :angry: he better be GREAT!

The Canucks need. I can't see them having a playoff team without him. And his $6.75M per year contract isn't half bad when you consider that Nikolai Khabibulin is making the same thing.

Luongo is the real deal.

Luongo is the real deal for sure. He's hasn't been able to prove himself because he played in the worst nhl market in the history of man kind, florida.

The Northwest divison is going to be fun to watch next year. Calgary and its revamped offense, Vancouver finally has a goalie, Colorado is always good, see what Edmonton can do without Pronger and Minnesota. And lets see where Pronger goes.

Luongo is the real deal for sure. He's hasn't been able to prove himself because he played in the worst nhl market in the history of man kind, florida.

The Northwest divison is going to be fun to watch next year. Calgary and its revamped offense, Vancouver finally has a goalie, Colorado is always good, see what Edmonton can do without Pronger and Minnesota. And lets see where Pronger goes.

Don't forget that Minnesota picked up Demitra.

You know what? I like the Luongo trade.

Way to tie yourself into a bind Nonis. :lol:

It looks bad doesn't it. :D That's what you all think...........

Naslund(6.0) - Morrison(3.2) - Unknown

D. Sedin(3.58) - H.Sedin(3.58) - Unknown

Cooke(1.5) - Kesler(0.9) - Unknown

Burrows(0.5) - Santala(0.7) - Linden(0.7)

Others: Green, Reid, King, Balej, Moran, Rypien etc(all basically making minumum)

Ohlund(3.5) - Bieksa(0.5)

Bourdon(0.85) - Salo(1.5)

Mitchell(3.5) - Krajicek(0.8)

Luongo(6.75)

Noronen(0.9)

Kesler, Noronen, Krajicek and Linden are all guesses. Reid is most likely on the team as well as King. Balej has a shot. The only thing we need is a top RW and we have about 3 mill to sign a RW and have 2 mill in cap space after that. However, Nonis has said trades were going to be made and it's very likely now that a major one is coming but we don't know what. Something around Morrison is the guess(Nazzy is also speculated he might go but I highly doubt it) along with a trade for Clouts. We shall see.

BTW, Luongo and the Sedins all have structured contracts where Luongo will be paid 6 mill the first season but not sure about what the Sedins will make the first season.