Tom Poti Signed ?

Theberge43

I don't think it was suggested that Souray should be traded if the signing is true, but just that logically it seems like it might happen.

This is all in regards to a rumour that is probably not true though.

Montreal has 3 more players they an get in the UFA the most logical ones to come to mtl are in this order.

1.Brendan Shanahan - Because he knows how it is to play in a hockey city.

2.Sergie Samsonov - Montreal needs one more dynamic winger with kovalev.

3.Petr Sykora - Hes Big and if Samsonov gets taken he would have to do.

OR OR

Mtl actually gets extremly risky in there life and gets Gagne off the flyers.

Poti is as bad as Hainsey. That's how bad he is.

Careful, there are those here that rue the day Hainsey and his amazing talents left town for Columbus. You'd think he was Paul Coffey or something...

Montreal has 3 more players they an get in the UFA the most logical ones to come to mtl are in this order.

1.Brendan Shanahan - Because he knows how it is to play in a hockey city.

2.Sergie Samsonov - Montreal needs one more dynamic winger with kovalev.

3.Petr Sykora - Hes Big and if Samsonov gets taken he would have to do.

OR OR

Mtl actually gets extremly risky in there life and gets Gagne off the flyers.

Agreed 100%.

Careful, there are those here that rue the day Hainsey and his amazing talents left town for Columbus. You'd think he was Paul Coffey or something...

Yeah, I know. Happens often with fans.

When Player X is in Montreal: DUMP THE PUNK FOR A 6TH ROUNDER!

When Player X has a couple of points elsewhere: WHY DID THEY TRADE HIM? BRING HIM BACK!

Some things never change... ;)

Thank God Gainey doesn't listen to fans. He'd go insane trying to trade half the roster one day and get it back the next day.

Edited by KoZed

We don't need another Breezeby on D, I think what koivu-11 said:

1-Shanny

but # 2 would Sykora over Samsonov

too many dipsy doodler as it is on the team.

I would be fairly happy with the addition of Poti, Sykora or Samsonov if the price wasen't too high. Poti will not hurt us on D, and the fans will keep him honest. The other two are pretty dynamic forces at times and for 1.5-2.2 million a year, they would be assests to the club, plus they would be great trade bait next year if some of the kids come along as planned. We have nothing to deal with right now....except the kids in the farm. Good luck packaging up Ribs, Bulis and Souray for a 1st line centre, unless of course you're looking for Toronto's!!!

I agree that all three will be potentially useful players if signed for the right price. All three also have baggage (Samsonov and Poti especially are notoriously soft, inconsistent, 'attitude'-type players), so they will be a challenge for the coaches. But on a team that needs offense, these two forwards could obviously help; the guy who said that Sykora = Bulis with fewer missed chances is missing the key point, namely that the main problem with Bulis is precisely that he misses too many chances.

And Poti could prove a canny acquisition in the event that Markhov goes down again. He's the type of talented, slick defenceman that might be able to step up and QB a powerplay for a limited period of time when your number one guy is hurt. The rest of the time, keep him in the rotation with Dandenault, Bouillon et al.

Again: only at the right price. And if we miss these guys, I won't say the sky is falling. It's all a question of adding depth, rounding out the picture, at this stage.

only Shanny and only him. he is the only one standing out and since he's old, he'll accept a SHORTER contract (the key is to offer 2 years contracts. nothing longer)

Sykora = Zednik < Perez possible updside

Samsonov = Perez < Kost possible updside

Poti = WTF!!! it's poti goddamn!!