Nonis Is In Deep! Gonna Have To Hire The Rest Of The Squad At Minimum Rate!

CoRvInA

I was actually thinking about that, putting Naslund with the Sedins. But then they'd be a one-line team with "junk" on the bottom three lines.

perhaps but I still think that naslund would be better of with the sedins than morrison...he is your marquee player and he should play with best linesmate available...you never know if a kid, name kessler, could blossom on a second wing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, told me that Bulis is rumoured to Vancouver. And that he says he'd like to play there. :)

:lol::lol:

I give up..... you all will see what the hell I've been pointing out........

and jets?????? our D is softer than molasses? Your telling me that with:

Mitchell: Rock Hard defensive dman

Ohlund: Solid two way dman who hits hard

Salo: Who can handle his own and is 6-3 215 lbs

Bourdon: A young hitting machine( reminds me of the young Jovo..... he stinks now excpt his offensive game)

Bieksa: This guy is tough.... He can fight and hit and same with Nathan McIver

Brown: You should know he's a solid depth dman who can play physical

Krajicek is the only one who can be considered soft on our defense................

As for Cooke, Morrison and Naslund... we may have lost against Calgary but that line was awesome. Morrison plays better when Bertuzzi isn't around. Played 20 minutes a night and was a warrior. Cooke took Berts spot and crashed the net with consistency while we all know what Nazzy can do. They were all injured for most of last season. When Cookie is needed he can produce.

Pyatt agreed to a lower contract because Nonis promised he's get more playing time and with his first chance at being a UFA, this is the right situation for him to come in and play well. Santala and Reid played well in Europe so we'll see how they fair here. In fact they were our first 2 moves of the offseason.

Our players aren't junk. If ours are junk then so are yours.

We're going with a younger team that fights and plays as a TEAM.

Matt, told me that Bulis is rumoured to Vancouver. And that he says he'd like to play there. :)

It was mentioned on Team 1040 around the time of the Pyatt trade.... probably not true. Not sure but there was an annoucement of a press conference and they got info from certain agents to figure what it was for and thats what Buils's agent said apparently.

Matt, don't you think the Nucks should trade Noronen?

I mean, they could get a downgrade on a back up and possibly get a forward to fill their needs.

Noronen won't land us much. From the looks of it, management will keep him and he should be signed around 800k.

Anyways, we have an abundunce of young guys coming up. Reid could THRIVE in the new NHL. He wanted to come back once he saw MacDonald and Gionta having success. That's what he said. King's had great success with the Sedins and Balej looked good with Kesler.... Schultz is also ready but Jannik Hansen will be a force in a year or maybe he makes it out of training camp.

Look at Buffalo... they got success from their team in Rochester. That's exactly what will happen here and we'll see how it goes.

I'm sure he'd be happy to play anywhere right now

Capt I admire youre positiveness And being in Vancouver myself I wish the best for the club ... But I'm worried! and I have still not heard or watched anything positive coming from commentators ... sportsnet Vancouver etc about the team they all are trading Naslund so as to get TWO 3 Mil each forwards... I'm not agreeing with that... But You have to be honest YOU HAVE BEEN in a better situation than present! BEst of luck to your team!

YOU NEED IT!

Capt I admire youre positiveness And being in Vancouver myself I wish the best for the club ... But I'm worried! and I have still not heard or watched anything positive coming from commentators ... sportsnet Vancouver etc about the team they all are trading Naslund so as to get TWO 3 Mil each forwards... I'm not agreeing with that... But You have to be honest YOU HAVE BEEN in a better situation than present! BEst of luck to your team!

YOU NEED IT!

Thanks. B)

I'm hopeful Nazzy won't go anywhere and I'm pretty sure Nonis won't move him now. I really think you have to look positive here because almost everything here is different. Brand new coaching staff, we actually have a franchise goaltender and we have a lot more depth than last season. Our youth is improving and creating that depth. They're are a lot of questions too with Reid, Santala, Pyatt, Chouinard and all our star players coming back from injury filled seasons. We'll have to await the results but I'm really confident Nonis knows what he's doing and will do what it takes to make this squad compete next season. So we'll see I guess. ;)

Also, best of luck to the Habs this season!

I'll agree with you as long as you stop using the word "squad". Makes me think of a fire department over something.

I'll agree with you as long as you stop using the word "squad". Makes me think of a fire department over something.

You're fired from the HWL squad. :lol:

Carter not going to Toronto!

Hello, Anson. You've been offered 6 million over 2 years with the Canucks. Hello?

No, 4 mill over two years. Thats what Carter wants however(3 mill per year at 3 years) and I praise Nonis for not giving in. ^_^

less than 7 Mill left and 7 players needed so as to get 20 guys signed... and thats not leaving a freaking cent in the cap space so truthfully Nonis has 5 Mil if he wants an option on signing someone at trade deadline for 7 Players.... which equates to ....tap tap tap (calculating) an average of 700,000 per player

tic toc tic toc Nonis!

They would really need to sign 23 players. They could get away with 20 but it would be a lot of transactions between the farm. Also hope for no injuries or slumping players that deserve to be benched.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

The Canucks had a roster of 21 last season and Nonis has indicated that this is what he's going to do again. A cap of 42-42.5 mill is what Nonis has set for himself and guys like Ryan Kesler(800k), Mikka Noronen(750k), Lukas Krajicek(700k), Kevin Bieksa(550k) should all be signed soon. Yannick Tremblay's amount has yet to be given but should be near the league minumum. Trevor Linden should be signed at around 650k and Reid, Green, Santala, King, Schultz, Rypien and Burrows should all be in lower figures. Our team is done from the looks of it. We'll be promoting youth this season and should have from 1.5-2 mill in cap space for a trade(s) later on in the season. Better than our 500k cap space last year....

The Canucks had a roster of 21 last season and Nonis has indicated that this is what he's going to do again. A cap of 42-42.5 mill is what Nonis has set for himself and guys like Ryan Kesler(800k), Mikka Noronen(750k), Lukas Krajicek(700k), Kevin Bieksa(550k) should all be signed soon. Yannick Tremblay's amount has yet to be given but should be near the league minumum. Trevor Linden should be signed at around 650k and Reid, Green, Santala, King, Schultz, Rypien and Burrows should all be in lower figures. Our team is done from the looks of it. We'll be promoting youth this season and should have from 1.5-2 mill in cap space for a trade(s) later on in the season. Better than our 500k cap space last year....

I have no clue how this goes but... how can Canucks sign Linden for less? when the team has an option for 1.52 Mil, this means the Canucks would have to decline that option without paying a penalty?

I have no clue how this goes but... how can Canucks sign Linden for less? when the team has an option for 1.52 Mil, this means the Canucks would have to decline that option without paying a penalty?

LMAO................. They're wrong...... :lol: That's been known for a long time.

Nonis declined Linden's option and he's negotiating a new contract. Linden is a UFA right now.

LMAO................. They're wrong...... :lol: That's been known for a long time.

Nonis declined Linden's option and he's negotiating a new contract. Linden is a UFA right now.

So no penalty? didnt get who are they?

Anyways funny to point out... if he plays this year, it will be at least the second time that he plays in te same team with a player with whom he was traded for... (Yan Bulis then capitals ) .... the other one being Bert NYIslanders.

Not sure if this up-to-date but the NHLPA website says that Linden has a contract for 1.52 million next year. As Minny said, they may still be re-negotiating.

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerSearch...sp?OIDTeam=8384

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Not sure if this up-to-date but the NHLPA website says that Linden has a contract for 1.52 million next year. As Minny said, they may still be re-negotiating.

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerSearch...sp?OIDTeam=8384

Trust me I know, Nonis didn't pick up Linden's option... Nonis IS looking to sign Linden to a cheaper contract right now and he IS a UFA. Expect something very soon.

I know you all could care less but here's Nonis's take at the moment from an interview yesterday:

-Bulis will play on a wing

-expects Bulis to score 20-30 goals

-Will be awhile before we see Edler in Canucks uni.

-We will end up around 42m on cap

-Most of gaps still there will be filled form within organization

-Morrison doing well in rehab, well be ready for camp

-people who keep complaing about lack of offence on the roster haven't done their homework

- 4 of the top 5 point getters are resigned -- Naslund, Sedin, Sedin, Morrison. Only Bertuzzi (4th) and Carter (6th) aren't.

- we're not all defence, will never plan to go that way

- emphasis on obtaining 2-way players and scoring by committee

- will compensate for as much scoring as he can; Luongo helps

- looking to give young players a big opportunity to step up and breakout

- no doubts about Bulis; healthy scratches show he didn't fit in montreal, like now Naslund was benched by Mike Keenan before

- looking forward to road trip at beginning of season; wants new-look team to be tested as much as possible in first 30 days.

- will have several manitoba/depth players signed for 450-500k but wants experience on first 3 lines

- may make one more signing for D or winger if financially can fit.

(Got info of Canucks.com)

For those who might be interested..........

I know you all could care less but here's Nonis's take at the moment from an interview yesterday:

-Bulis will play on a wing

-expects Bulis to score 20-30 goals

-Will be awhile before we see Edler in Canucks uni.

-We will end up around 42m on cap

-Most of gaps still there will be filled form within organization

-Morrison doing well in rehab, well be ready for camp

-people who keep complaing about lack of offence on the roster haven't done their homework

- 4 of the top 5 point getters are resigned -- Naslund, Sedin, Sedin, Morrison. Only Bertuzzi (4th) and Carter (6th) aren't.

- we're not all defence, will never plan to go that way

- emphasis on obtaining 2-way players and scoring by committee

- will compensate for as much scoring as he can; Luongo helps

- looking to give young players a big opportunity to step up and breakout

- no doubts about Bulis; healthy scratches show he didn't fit in montreal, like now Naslund was benched by Mike Keenan before

- looking forward to road trip at beginning of season; wants new-look team to be tested as much as possible in first 30 days.

- will have several manitoba/depth players signed for 450-500k but wants experience on first 3 lines

- may make one more signing for D or winger if financially can fit.

(Got info of Canucks.com)

For those who might be interested..........

:clap:

http://hockeyanalysis.com/?page_id=333

Canucks have 11 players signed according to HA and it adds to 35 Mil already!

Naslund has a no trade Cl... so what else is Nonis to do?

I got it!!!

Don't pay them... hmmmm........ that might work.... hmmmmmmmm.......... nahhhhhhhhh......... probably not........ forget about it............. he's in deep doodoos.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I got it!!!

Don't pay them... hmmmm........ that might work.... hmmmmmmmm.......... nahhhhhhhhh......... probably not........ forget about it............. he's in deep doodoos.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

:lol: