Nintendo Wii

The-Habby2919

Well im kinda torn on what to buy as my Next-Gen console... but since Im probably going to get a 360 when the PS3 comes out(price drop).... i wont have to worry about the Wii cuz my sister already said she was getting one. And then Ill just steal it on her like her GameCube. CANT WAIT FOR AN EXCLUSIVE LIGHTSABER GAME THOUGH!!!!!!!!

:hlogo:

If you really like fancy graphics than the Wii aint for ya Pierre. The improvement over Gamecube is noticeable but nowhere near the level of the 360 and PS3. It's the budget friendly option.

Mario on the Wii

VS

Mario on theGamecube

Personally as I already said, I'll be happy with my PS2 and Gamecube for a while so I'm no hurry to buy a next gen console.

I don't know. I might actually go after a Wii but if nintendo again aimes its games at preschoolers then I'm not going to buy it.

I also like super photo realism. I like video games that are so real they scare me...

God, I hate this ignorance.

They NEVER aimed their games at preschoolers. NEVER. Since when was it wrong to put a little color in video games?

Actually, people who just base stuff on graphics piss me off.

Anyway...Definitely getting the Wii. The controller gives them a heads up over Microsoft and Sony and plus with the Virtual Console, I can play all of the NES, SNES, N64, Genesis I want. :D

Theres so many options with the Wii that people don't know about, it's scary.

And Sony's lost credibility at E3 06 still makes me laugh.

God, I hate this ignorance.

They NEVER aimed their games at preschoolers. NEVER. Since when was it wrong to put a little color in video games?

Actually, people who just base stuff on graphics piss me off.

Anyway...Definitely getting the Wii. The controller gives them a heads up over Microsoft and Sony and plus with the Virtual Console, I can play all of the NES, SNES, N64, Genesis I want. :D

Theres so many options with the Wii that people don't know about, it's scary.

And Sony's lost credibility at E3 06 still makes me laugh.

Actually, they did go after the younger crowd with their games and are now going after a larger older group. I believe EA is going to port some very good games over to the Wii are they not? Personally I play PC games and have had a PS2 sitting in the closet for many, many, many years.

You are 100% correct in the graphics department. Game play is of the most importance as graphics addiction can wear off if the gameplay is crap. The new NBA game on the 360 looks cool, but I would have to try it before forking out a kings ransome for that console. I am going to check out the Wii as well because that controller looks downright useable.

The problem is that consoles are built for anything BUT gameplay. So game developpers can't fully exploit the consoles. So you end up with a machine that can do all these crazy stuff and have super awesome graphics but have games where the AI is still PONG-era stupid.

The problem is that consoles are built for anything BUT gameplay. So game developpers can't fully exploit the consoles. So you end up with a machine that can do all these crazy stuff and have super awesome graphics but have games where the AI is still PONG-era stupid.

How is the Wii controller not built for awesome gameplay?

The simplest game like golf or baseball could be a blast with that thing.

InsaneAvsFan, Nintendo has never gone after a strictly younger crowd. They never have. Iwata and Miyamoto have also stated that gaming is for everyone and there should be games that EVERYONE wants to play. While I enjoy picking up a hooker, killing her pimp and then drowing her in my stolen car every now and then, I hardly think thats something my uncle would find enjoyable. ;)

EA hasn't stated anything specifically outside of that Madden 07 will be a launch game. Nintendo finally has it right this time because the one thing that has always brought them down is their launch library. It takes Nintendo a couple months before they get a great game out while Sony and Microsoft have one right off the bat. With the GC, it was Super Smash Bros Melee which came out...I think it was 3 weeks after launch while the Box had Halo right away. This time, they've got The Twilight Princess (probably THE most anticipated game in the last 2 years), Metroid Prime 3 and Red Steel (never heard of it? GO LOOK IT UP! It looks amazing)

To be fair to Nintendo, Mario 64 for the N64 was one of the most revolutionnary games of all times and Super Mario World for the SNES launch was an instant hit.

Thats all the 64 had at launch though. Well, Pilotwings too but 2 games at launch is disgusting. I'll give them credit for F-Zero for the SNES though but still, SMW was pretty much given to be a hit whether a launch title or not.

If Nintendo doesn't go after the preschool and elementary school crowd then explain all those dumb mario party games. My generation out grew Nintendo. We moved on. If we wanted to play mario we will get out the orginal mario bros or super mario on snes.

They only have a couple games geared toward the older crowd. Metroid Prime and thats about it. The rest of there in house games are just goofy.

When they spend more money on a nintendo dogs type game you know they are putting there demo graphic at the 12 and under crowd.

If Nintendo doesn't go after the preschool and elementary school crowd then explain all those dumb mario party games. My generation out grew Nintendo. We moved on. If we wanted to play mario we will get out the orginal mario bros or super mario on snes.

They only have a couple games geared toward the older crowd. Metroid Prime and thats about it. The rest of there in house games are just goofy.

When they spend more money on a nintendo dogs type game you know they are putting there demo graphic at the 12 and under crowd.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. So I won't bother.

It's quite clear you have no idea what you're talking about, go back to politics.

Id have to wait and see.... i know i wont be buying a PS3.... so ill probably get a 360 when that comes out...(price drop) and then a Wii, (lower price or my sister will buy one, get tired of it and the give it to me like she did her Game Cube) :D

:hlogo: