Habs, Ryder Made The Right Move.

nice article,

he could've talked about luongo. he was so pissed of what he heard that he decided not to sing long term with the panthers. now, look where he his...

as for ryder, I just hope that he continues to improve and signs a long term deal

That was a good read. Confirmed my thoughts exactly. Ryder made the right choice. The habs have loads of options and will get the best effort from Ryder this season. He was already tops in my book, with this deal he has earned my complete respect.

The one year deal is frustrating. However, it's that much longer that we can keep him with the Habs. We also did not lose an asset for nothing.

I'm very glad he's in the fold for sure.

Ryder's On The Storm, Ryder's On The Storm!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Nice move on the part of Ryder and the Habs,

I hope this puts to rest all them peps out there thatt were talking s**t about Ryder and how he was a laffs spy in a Habs uni and all that s**t

cuz I like Ryder before the lock out he was one of the only players if not the only player to go in front of the net,

last year he pocketed more goals then his rookie season and he's what a 8th round pick?

he is still working on getting his game better and I don't think he has caped yet, I think he still wants to get his game to a higher level.

SO AS ATHLETIQUE. CANADIEN SAYED

RYDER'S ON THE STORM

p.s. nice avatar Athletique.Canadien

I agree... arbitration would seem to solve only the financial impasse in a relationship. :(

It'd be something like a child custody battle between two parents :angry2: ... each has to show how the other is less worthy or downright unworthy to have the kids :angry: . Does this kind of process end up with each side being comfortable when they have to deal with each other in the future? Not likely :puke: :puke: .

:king: :hlogo: :king:

$2.2 Million for a thirty goal scorer who was Montreal's only threat on most nights and who if playing with someone like Joe Thornton, Jose Sakic, Jason Spezza or Peter Forsberg would probably score 40+, HELL YEAH thats a good deal!!!! Mike Ribeiro at $1.9 Million??? THats a joke. He better produce this year with Samsonov and Kovalev as his wingers, or Gainey is going to look like an idiot!

$2.2 Million for a thirty goal scorer who was Montreal's only threat on most nights and who if playing with someone like Joe Thornton, Jose Sakic, Jason Spezza or Peter Forsberg would probably score 40+, HELL YEAH thats a good deal!!!! Mike Ribeiro at $1.9 Million??? THats a joke. He better produce this year with Samsonov and Kovalev as his wingers, or Gainey is going to look like an idiot!

Im quite sure that if Ribeiro wouldve gone to arbitration he wouldve got alot more than 1.9M so dont call it a joke. Concidering he has 65 and 55 points the last two seasons I bet he would have been awarded around 3M $ in arbitration. Im glad that he signed for 1.9M becaus I think thats cheap for a decent 2nd line center. I think it shows that he wants to stay in montreal and that is good.

Im quite sure that if Ribeiro wouldve gone to arbitration he wouldve got alot more than 1.9M so dont call it a joke. Concidering he has 65 and 55 points the last two seasons I bet he would have been awarded around 3M $ in arbitration. Im glad that he signed for 1.9M becaus I think thats cheap for a decent 2nd line center. I think it shows that he wants to stay in montreal and that is good.

actually I remeber earing on the radio that the ribeiro clan would've asked for 1.4M but gainey made the offer first