Hnic 2006-07 Broadcast Schedule

I'll watch them on RDS anyway considering than A) I'M french and B) I refuse to listen to Don Cherry ramblings but it's still nice for english Habs fans to have more games on CBC

Edited by Jean

Wow! Looks like someone at CBC heard that the rest of Canada doesn't want to see Hockey Night In Toronto every week! Plenty of Habs games this year! ABOUT TIME!

except that every single weekend has a TO game!

only time there is a game that TO doesn't play is Feb 4th and that is Sunday afternoon- Pit/MTL.

but - the statement about more Habs games - that is always good news!

BTW - are you really from Poughkeepsie?

The thing I like about CBC's HNIC is the top notch production. I really can't stand Don Cherry but I am drawn to watch Coaches Corner for reasons unknown. Kind of like passing an accident on the highway and you just have to look. TSN would be a close second. It's always a treat for me to watch the HABS on Canadian television compared to the crap on the local cable sports networks here in the states. I totally cringe when the Habs are in Buffalo and have to listen to Rick Jeanneret do the play by play (ARRGGGHHH!) Last season, I just hit mute the TV and tried my best to sync it to the online CJAD broadcast or XM radio broadcast.

And yes. I am in Poughkeepsie, NY. Born in Montreal. Dragged kicking and screaming by my mother when I was 12 in 1984 to live along the banks of the Hudson River.

And yes. I am in Poughkeepsie, NY. Born in Montreal. Dragged kicking and screaming by my mother when I was 12 in 1984 to live along the banks of the Hudson River.

cool. i used to visit when i lived an hour (or so) south of Poughkeepsie. nice mall.

The thing I like about CBC's HNIC is the top notch production. I really can't stand Don Cherry but I am drawn to watch Coaches Corner for reasons unknown. Kind of like passing an accident on the highway and you just have to look. TSN would be a close second. It's always a treat for me to watch the HABS on Canadian television compared to the crap on the local cable sports networks here in the states. I totally cringe when the Habs are in Buffalo and have to listen to Rick Jeanneret do the play by play (ARRGGGHHH!) Last season, I just hit mute the TV and tried my best to sync it to the online CJAD broadcast or XM radio broadcast.

I agree with you. Despite Cherry, I feel HNIC is still a better product then anywhere else. Especially hockey on "Fox Sports Net" :puke:

I totally cringe when the Habs are in Buffalo and have to listen to Rick Jeanneret do the play by play (ARRGGGHHH!) Last season, I just hit mute the TV and tried my best to sync it to the online CJAD broadcast or XM radio broadcast.

Finally someone else who hates that air-raid siren of a home-goal call that they call a play-by-play man. He and Mike Lange in Pittsburgh are like nails on a chalkboard when it comes to calling goals for their respective teams, yet they repeatedly get praise and accolades from the pinheads on TSPN and the rest of the sports network schills. Whenever the opposing teams scores, they call it like they're reading the eye chart at the optometrist's office, but when one of their guys scores, and single syllable word suddenly becomes a badly-performed aria from Aida.

As for HNIT's schedule, I'll believe it when I see it.