Any future moves?

Westcoasthabsfan

Originally posted by Westcoasthabsfan

Does anybody think Bob will make a trade in the near future? If yes, who and for whom?

:clap:

Well , alot of people have been thinking for awhile that Gainey was going to make a trade. All he's done is bought-out Audette and waive Kilger (who isnt even gone) ...

Seems like no one wants our players , maybe thats why no trades are happening? ... But I still want to beleive that Yanic Perreault has trade value , a good offensive player (okay one dimensional and kind of soft) great shot , top faceoff man in NHL , good on PP's , always scores clutch goals (he does , has loads of GWG's past few years) ... Plus he's a UFA at the end of the year , so anyone who traded for him wouldnt be taking on a commitment ...

I can see Perreault being dealt to LA or Anaheim.

LA isn't getting Allison back any time soon...the insurance results of this mean they've got a few extra bucks too.

Anaheim was looking at a C in Comrie and might still want one if the price is right...

I also think that St. Louis could use both Perreault and Rivet. They could then move Demtira to RW and Cajanek to LW. Weight and Perreault would be their 1 and 2 centers. With MacInnis out they could still use a d-man.

The Kings have already had Yanic Perreault. They dropped him for the same reasons we want to. :)

In an RDS.ca article, Gainey mentions that Josef Balej 'should get his chance soon.' I think we will be looking within our own organization for that offensive power, before we make a big deal. Aside from dumping Perreault, Dagenais, and maybe Quintal, I think there won't be much moving and grooving from BG.

If the kids can't get the job done, and we're not feeling comfortable going into the playoffs, you can bet Gainey has already layed the groundwork for a few deals he can fall back on if he feels he really needs to bolster the team.

Gainey said Plekanec & Balej were the guys first in line when it came to new kids joining the lineup.

No mention of Higgins or Perezhogin, I'd assume BG might be patient in their case... not in this year's plans anyway.

He also pointed out that Hossa was not a callup possibility because he wasn't doing anything in Hamilton.

Gainey underlined his best surprises this year among the vets... Souray, Brisebois, Dackell, Sundstrom.

Also Theo, but said he's not really surprised by how ell he has played.

A few days ago he was talking about how Ribeiro had come into his own, and had matured to the point where he has not only earned a regular spot... but has been productive.

Obviously there's also Ryder... as for Ward he's missed so much time I think the jury is still out.

Gainey mentionned it took him this first half of the season to personally evaluate all the players here and in Hamilton, and now he feels ready to make some moves because he now knows what he has... and what he's missing.

He said "now that I know them all, my role is to improve the team. We're in a tight race to make the playoffs and we will need reinforcements."

He did say he was looking to add 2 veterans, among them a right-shooting center.

There is not doubt in my mind that Gainey will move before the deadline, the only question is how big a fish he'll be able to land.

I just try to remind myself that it doesn't necessarily take big names to improve the team... just look at guys like Bégin, Langdon, and to a point Dagenais. They didn't seem like anythign to get excited about but they truly have helped this team improve.

Originally posted by jl.roberts

The Kings have already had Yanic Perreault. They dropped him for the same reasons we want to. :)

In an RDS.ca article, Gainey mentions that Josef Balej 'should get his chance soon.' I think we will be looking within our own organization for that offensive power, before we make a big deal. Aside from dumping Perreault, Dagenais, and maybe Quintal, I think there won't be much moving and grooving from BG.

What's with all the Dags hatin' here? We got him for free, no other team wanted him. He was playing well in Hamilton and Gainey has given him a shot with the big club. If you ask me, that line is playing well. I doubt Dagenais is going to get "dumped".

Dagenais? Thanks for the goals buddy, but there's too many holes in his game for him to hang around. There are plenty of better options on the wings.

By the time Ward gets his legs back, he'll probably be on our second line. Is Jason Ward a second line player? No, but on some nights he looks a lot more capable out there than Richard Zednik and Mike Ribeiro do.

For a big boy, Dagenais does not hit, does not enforce, and does not skate. At least for the sake of a Kilger, he can skate faster than the whole team. Ever watch Dagenais skate? He looks like a train going off the rails.

He's got a killer shot, so what. So does Yanic Perreault, who by the way is nearly the exact replica of Dagenais, except Perreault might be a little quicker. Says alot about Dagenais.

He's a filler.

Anyways....Modin for Perreault? In a heartbeat, simply because Modin is the better player. However, it doesn't make too much sense to bring another guy in that mold. Big and defensively reliable with a good shot, but terribly injury prone and almost none existant physically from what I've seen. He probably wouldn't last long before fans turned on him. ;)

I'd be on the lookout for a talented, physical, but not necessarily big top six forward. Whatever happens, I trust the man in charge. I hope it takes a while though, you gotta love speculating about trades. :D

I wouldnt say no to modin...

He and Andreas Dackell formed one of the best lines in sweden about 8-9 years ago. Put them with Koivu and it might spark. Other swedes can confirm it if they followed the swedish elite league around 94-96.

Like I said in another topic, I don't think Dagenais is Naslund or anything, but he has played well, for what has been asked of him. As far as the Habs dumping him, he's cheap, and sure, they might let him go, but there isn't a real need to let him go. I don't really see any other player pushing him out of his spot. Indeed it was he that helped force Audette's exit.

That said, Dagenais, IMO, has a better, much harder, shot than Perreault. Just like Ward (and Ryder, for that matter) the knock on them has always been their skating. If someone else picks up their play and forces Dagenais out, that's fine. But it isn't going to be any of Perreault, Sundstrom, Dackell, Kilger. Ward could, but he's the same as Dagenais as far as foot speed, both have size, but neither of them use it to play a physical game.

I mean c'mon, we're talking about a traveled young free agent signing that's makin' peanuts. If he was making $3M per, I would expect more.