Training Camp Begins!

TheAussiePosse

I am looking forward to the start of the season but I might not attend to the Bell's pre-saison games

as I did last season.

I have guesses over from out of the province for one thing,.....but mostly the stakes are not as crucial as they where last season.

Last pre-season was of special interest because of the new rules being apply for the first time,....Kovalev

had just adopted Montreal as did Dandenault also,........but mostly the CH had laid-off quite a few players from the previous season so I was eager, if not anxious,.... to see the new faces as I new that the CH had many holes to fill and that the season would be greatly affected by those new comers.

Seeing the Higgins-Plek-Perezhogin line gave me great relief,...I new then that the CH would be OK.

This year is different,....not only do I feel they are going to be OK as it stand for the season ahead

but the house is already full.

The CH was in dire needs last season and Yvanans, Streit, Higs, Plek, Perz and Hossa(Murray) all made the grade,...that's like 6 players.

This year's different,...it seems the only vacant spot might be beside Downey in the press box anf if so

Ferland could be the shosen one.

For now, I would think that the CH might be satisfied in making Hamilton a full house with good prospects

that would be ready to play a substantiel role with the Big Club if injuries happen at ANY of the forward positions during the season,.......and that's a pretty good news in itself.

A very nice, quick & concise resumé of what's awaiting us for the next few weeks.

Thanks, G. Logan!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

My prediction/hope for a breakout camp is Chris Higgins. I like the way he has been progressing for the last 3 years, improving his play each year, as well as production and defensive play. He has the potential to be the next heart & soul canadien. I would love to see Grabovski have a good camp as well.

My prediction/hope for a breakout camp is Chris Higgins. I like the way he has been progressing for the last 3 years, improving his play each year, as well as production and defensive play. He has the potential to be the next heart & soul canadien. I would love to see Grabovski have a good camp as well.

Same impressions.

I thought Huet and Higgins where the BIG surprises last year,....Huet for saving our season and enabling Gainey to severe tights with Theo's dead weight on our team,......and Higgins for bringing in

'' the good news '' as it where,...about the CH identity of the next decade.

He could be a central piece for the CH pretty much like Erik Cole with the Hurricane.......a '' go to '' player

in which, he and his team become synonymous to one another.

Perezhogin came to camp 212 lbs.

Not fat but just muscle he is going to be a tank this year I hope!

wow.. that's almost 30 lbs more... and he was tough to knock off the puck before!

Ryder said he lost 12 pounds this summer by "eating better." He now weighs 192 lbs. Says he built up the strength in his left arm and the pinched nerve in his neck shouldn't effect so much this season.

Perezhogin took 10 pounds compared to last year's camp, not 30. He's now at 211.

If I remember correctly, RDS had a few tables showing who gained and lost weight.

Komisarek took 5 lbs, now weighs 241lbs.

Higgins took 10 pounds, now at 201 lbs.

Bonk lost 10 pounds, now at 210 lbs.

Dandenault took 15 pounds, now at 215 lbs.

These are all compared to last year's camp.

Perezhogin took 10 pounds compared to last year's camp, not 30. He's now at 211.

These are all compared to last year's camp.

My bad... He was listed on TSN's site as weighing 185... blame them... not me! :P

Perezhogin came to camp 212 lbs.

Not fat but just muscle he is going to be a tank this year I hope!

Maybe THAT'S WHY Keith Primeau retired! :o:o:o

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Haven't got an hour to spare right now but for now all I'll say is that Plekanec and Ribeiro impressed me a lot. Samsonov looks great.