Preseason Game Thread | Leafs Vs. Habs | 09/23/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thankfully it is preseason ... im disgusted... leafs ... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... i'd elbow them alllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!! the crow style!!!!!

Latendresse played alright but in no way should he make this team. He would not make it better in anyway. The only position Montreal is deep at is the winger position. If Latendresse had been a centre I would agree to keep him and see how he worked out.

But thats what this team needs is a centre. After Koivu the team is hurting for a centre. Ribeiro blows goats and is too slow for Kovalev and Samsonov, not that they looked all that great either. Plekanec is not ready for the #2 job yet and is perfectly suited to the #3 roll. Although I'm sure next game Plekanec will probably get his shot at the #2 job.

Unfortunatley things don't look to well with Kostitsyn. This guys star is burning out fast. He needed to make some waves this camp and has failed miserably. This could really hurt the farm system if this guy doesn't start producing

i bet the leafs think already that they will win the Cup this year :D

What a dissapointment it will be!

I said it during the 1st period, Leafs looked like they were playing for the cup, game 7. We were out for a scrimage. We still almost beat them.

Latendresse played alright but in no way should he make this team. He would not make it better in anyway. The only position Montreal is deep at is the winger position. If Latendresse had been a centre I would agree to keep him and see how he worked out.

But thats what this team needs is a centre. After Koivu the team is hurting for a centre. Ribeiro blows goats and is too slow for Kovalev and Samsonov, not that they looked all that great either. Plekanec is not ready for the #2 job yet and is perfectly suited to the #3 roll. Although I'm sure next game Plekanec will probably get his shot at the #2 job.

Unfortunatley things don't look to well with Kostitsyn. This guys star is burning out fast. He needed to make some waves this camp and has failed miserably. This could really hurt the farm system if this guy doesn't start producing

The last few games, it looked like Kovy and Samsonov that can't keep up with Ribs...

In my opinion, we won't know how that line will do with Ribs as the center until the Russians decide to get out of bed and start playing. I felt bad for Locke, poor kid should have had some talented wingers to help him show his stuff. He would have been better off playing with downey and murray. :(

I am not sure why everyone on this board is willing to give Kovy such a free ride. Yes, it is preseason, but there are players trying hard to make the team and the vets should be helping, not hurting them. Kovy needs to get used to playing with Samsonov, as does Ribs. The only way to do that is to actually put some effort in now during the exhibition games.

I swear, if Ribs was mailing it in like that this board would be flaming the crap out of him. Porr attitude, blah, blah blah...

From what I have seen, Ribs was the only guy on that line trying the last few games. People felt he was sent a message by not playing last night, but think it was the other guys. They were told, "you want a night off, put some effort in". I wonder if Carbo gave Ribs the night off because he earned it, whereas Kovy and Samsonov did not.

Kudos to Koivu, he has played every game like he wants to win, like he wants to score, and like he can't wait to be back playing hockey. If Kovalev had that attitude, he would be in the top 5 in the league every year. Must make players like Koivu sick watching him waste his talent....

Edited by brobin